Review New Srixon Golf Shoes by ASICS

The pic in the review looks like mall walker shoes but the added pics here have me needing the white and red pair.

Got a pair on the way. I am going to alternate between these and the Puma Ignites this upcoming year. See how they are alike and different.
What pair did you go with?

I like their running shoes and think I will like these. There are a number of shoes high on my list for 2020!

I like how they kept the sneaker running shoe look. I also like the BOA system.

What pair did you go with?
Gel course glide in Black and Silver. I have never been a fan of the Boa tech...guess I better get ready to walk the mall like Hailofire suggests :D.

They look like running shoes with golf soles, but so do a lot of golf shoes these days. Can't fault the functionality of that approach. I suspect these will look better in person. Like many I have worn a lot of Asics running shoes over the years. Interesting partnership.

I have always like Asics for a running shoe. These I think I would pass on. I'm not overwhelmed by the looks.

The BOA looks really nice, interesting though, they look way more running shoe than I was expecting they would, probably means they'll be quite comfortable as a golf shoe, just not all that stylish.

I will end up grabbing a pair of the Boa. These be available at Budget anytime soon?

I will end up grabbing a pair of the Boa. These be available at Budget anytime soon?

I believe so. Let me check for you.

I actually like when running shoe companies get into the golf shoe arena. They have a ton of tech which hopefully they bring to a golf shoe. Can't say that the style of either makes me drop what I'm doing and say "I've got to have those" but it's a start of hopefully something good that they will continue to imporve on. I will give them a look once they get into retail for sure.

I believe so. Let me check for you.

When budget has them I will be ordering. Are they sized similar to the running shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When budget has them I will be ordering. Are they sized similar to the running shoes?

Someone skipped the review :ROFLMAO:

Someone skipped the review :ROFLMAO:

Yes but I can blame it on surgery and medicine haha.
I will put myself in the corner for 5 minute timeout

The second shoe with the BOA system has potential, but it is still a little homely!

To me, comfort and fit are paramount. If the golf shoes are anything like ASICS Running Shoes, I would definitely consider them.

On the one hand, they look decent from most angles and Asics have historically been really comfortable shoes to wear.

On the other hand, I feel like these will end up in the bargain bin inside 18 months. Just too sneaker-looking to break into the market. Also, I don't like the lack of a low-contrast grey option. But there are definitely angles where these look pretty homely, thankfully not angles you're likely to see while you're wearing them.

I love seeing the BOA system in golf shoes. The black/gunmetal are good looking. I have never owned a pair of Asics so might be worth a try next time i am ready for a pair.

ooof. Hard pass from me, on looks alone, and I own a pair of grass shoes.

When I used to run a lot......I loved the Asics. I will have to at least try the BOA.

Back