Review New Srixon Golf Shoes by ASICS

I like the looks, but don’t like the price point. I think the are priced too high for a shoe just entering the market. I know ASICS are comfortable and make good shoes, but they are new to the golf market.

They should have priced themselves on par with Sketchers. I’m thinking more like $150 for the soft spiked and $100 for the spikeless.

I like the looks, but don’t like the price point. I think the are priced too high for a shoe just entering the market. I know ASICS are comfortable and make good shoes, but they are new to the golf market.

They should have priced themselves on par with Sketchers. I’m thinking more like $150 for the soft spiked and $100 for the spikeless.
I believe ASICS golf shoes have been available in Japan/Asia for years.

These are a hard pass for me. I do not like the way they look. The ASICS lines - which are effectively branding - plus actual branding on the heel. Not for me

Even if so, they are new to this market and I think they should establish themselves before jumping straight to Footjoy/Nike/Adidas prices. I know those makes have shoe models over $200, but I’m talking average prices across the models.

Yup, just like their running shoes. Comfy and ugly.
Haha, that sums it up perfectly.

I'm sure they work great. I'm also sure they look not great. :oops:

good work on the review...just one little critique though. as someone who has been wearing asics running shoes for the last 7+ years, i'm not sure if stating that the fit is identical to their running shoes is helpful. one of the reasons i got into asics is because they were one of the few companies that introduced foot pronation as a fitting parameter into their running shoes at the time. there are some models i just can't find the right fit for my feet at all, and some that fit perfectly...and then there are some that i have to go at least a half size up or down to get the right fit. just my 2 cents.

They have been. Most would say that going cheap in a new market to try to get traction all but eliminates the chance to then go more expensive. With the cost of their premium inline shoes being what they are in the running world, going significantly cheaper in a new line extension would not fare well. $129 seems to fall right in line with many other similar and if someone is an ASICs fan, the comfort/fit will support that.

Saw these on Twitter today just not my style.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The shoes in the article are not my favorite and I'd never wear them but after viewing the ones in the budget link the peacoat/silver ones don't look bad at all. I still prefer my Puma's but if I were to try a new shoe those aren't too bad.

I'm a little surprised these are not branded "Srixon". When this partnership was announced, I thought Asics were making a shoe for Srixon.

Someone skipped the review :ROFLMAO:

Am I correct in assuming from the review that the BOA have the 7 spikes and the non boa are spike less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big Srixon fan, but I have never really been a fan of Asics. These are no exception, and IMO kind of look like slightly better looking bowling shoes.

I'm sure they're comfortable but the looks do nothing for me. It's tough for me to find Asics that I like in general in the looks department.

Not sure what to think about these... like others have said, I think I'd need to see them in person.

I I was hoping to like the look of these, but they just don't do it for me.

Would definitely go for the GEL-COURSE DUO BOA....probably in a different color scheme though. To me, most golf shoes are way overpriced anyway so Asics coming in at these price points really doesn't seem completely out of place.

I'm torn here. I'm a huge lover of Asics footwhere (it's all I wear outside of golf) but these designs just don't move my needle. Maybe I need to see them in person.

Style wise - they are too loud/busy. I wonder what the targeted demographic is with this style.

7A86F0B4-883C-4E98-B33B-CC2D2AA7AC7F.pngThese could definitely work!

A friend here has had asian market Asics golf shoes for years, and they look incredible.

These ones? The first couple pictures I saw look very boxy/old man walking shoe. Looking further, after seeing other angles etc, they look sharp.

look a little clunky in marketing photos, but so do other shoes including one of the most popular models out there right now

So I have been wearing the spineless ones around the office and town the last few days and they are ridiculously comfortable.

So I have been wearing the spineless ones around the office and town the last few days and they are ridiculously comfortable.
I got mine today and I have been wearing them all day. They feel broken in right out of the box and they look pretty cool. Between these and the Puma ignites, I am set for next year. Black/silver and teal.

Very tempting!

1576356407000.png

Back