New Srixon SOFT FEEL Golf Balls

Well, some people just like a softer feel. That's why they make the AVX.
FWIW, MGS provided data too, so someone's info is bad. Call me a headline reader if you wish but I've read the article and the numbers in depth and heard their various podcasts where they talked about it in-depth.
I just find it interesting because if a soft ball gave you more distance, why are all the tour balls firm compression?
Imo, the move to softer balls for high handicappers is more because it feels good for people with slower swing speeds than because it gives them more distance.
As for Titleist, I've done several ball fitting with them and they always told me that unless cost is a concern or you have a preference for a soft feeling ball, the Pro V is the best because they all perform pretty much the same off the driver but the Pro V performs the best around the green. They will do literally anything to steer people away from a super soft ball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I went to a group Titleist fitting a couple years back. Seemed like it was split pretty evenly between us who was fit into AVX, Pro V1x and Pro V1. Great experience! fwiw, the V1X had more spin for me than the V1.

weather permitting this weekend I'm going to try to gather some data on Soft Feel, QST, and Z Star(maybe the XV). Should be able to get some course time too which is exciting. I know two-piece balls aren't the rage, but hell it doesn't mean we can't get solid performance from them. Hell, my PB at my old course was shot with a Pinnacle Soft.

weather permitting this weekend I'm going to try to gather some data on Soft Feel, QST, and Z Star(maybe the XV). Should be able to get some course time too which is exciting. I know two-piece balls aren't the rage, but hell it doesn't mean we can't get solid performance from them. Hell, my PB at my old course was shot with a Pinnacle Soft.

I wanted to do the same test and also include the QStar. Please let us know your thoughts.
Thank you and hit them straight!

Been quite a while since I played a soft feel ball but they always performed well and looking forward to some data.

I wanted to do the same test and also include the QStar. Please let us know your thoughts.
Thank you and hit them straight!

I don't think I have any of the latest-gen Q-star. That ball honestly kind of confuses me in their lineup. A side by side with that could be interesting though.

I don't think I have any of the latest-gen Q-star. That ball honestly kind of confuses me in their lineup. A side by side with that could be interesting though.
No worries go with what you have. To me the QST is Srixons RX and the QS is their e12. Thats my guess. Just a big fan of Srixon...

The pink is well....pink

6E697205-6FAC-46DE-A12F-A8E28F05DCC0.jpeg

Have you seen the new yellow yet? Still taxi cab yellow? Which I love. I also like the green numbers on the white ball.

I haven't, but I like the yellow on the QST.

I find the yellow on the QST sparkly. I prefer the yellow on the Soft Feel.

they do tend to be more sparkly than the soft feel. I still have some previous gen yellow soft feel too.

I bought a dozen of these in Yellow and put them in play today.
I could honestly say I am ready to make the switch and play this ball full time!!!!! I was super impressed with the performance of this ball today especially considering it was 38° for our scramble tourney.
I played back a tee box today from where I normally do and was seeing tee shots get to where I normally would from the forward box I normally play. I am assuming this is from being able to compress the ball a bit more and less spin off the driver. Just nice straight high shots, no ballooning at all.
On iron approach shots I was quite surprised to see the ball staying very close to the ball mark on most all my shots. I would say within 3 feet of the ball mark on most all of them. I also noticed some increased distance with my irons also.
I was rolling the TT Ten putter today and the ball felt really good off the insert. Rolled very true and distance control was quite good with it

You may have noticed I skipped how it did around the greens, we didn't have many chips around the green.
The few we did have is a area that I did notice the difference in how much it might run out compared to my normal ball the 2020 CS. Now these are 2 different covered balls and by no means an apple to apple comparison in any way.
What I will say though is that there is some good performance around the green and one would need to allow for a bit more rollout. This is something that you could adjust to pretty easily I think.
This ball impressed me from the first tee shot today and I am going to play this thru the rest of the year and see how it does. Hopefully we still have some warmer days to play and see if the performance will be better in warmer temps.

I bought a dozen of these in Yellow and put them in play today.
I could honestly say I am ready to make the switch and play this ball full time!!!!! I was super impressed with the performance of this ball today especially considering it was 38° for our scramble tourney.
I played back a tee box today from where I normally do and was seeing tee shots get to where I normally would from the forward box I normally play. I am assuming this is from being able to compress the ball a bit more and less spin off the driver. Just nice straight high shots, no ballooning at all.
On iron approach shots I was quite surprised to see the ball staying very close to the ball mark on most all my shots. I would say within 3 feet of the ball mark on most all of them. I also noticed some increased distance with my irons also.
I was rolling the TT Ten putter today and the ball felt really good off the insert. Rolled very true and distance control was quite good with it

You may have noticed I skipped how it did around the greens, we didn't have many chips around the green.
The few we did have is a area that I did notice the difference in how much it might run out compared to my normal ball the 2020 CS. Now these are 2 different covered balls and by no means an apple to apple comparison in any way.
What I will say though is that there is some good performance around the green and one would need to allow for a bit more rollout. This is something that you could adjust to pretty easily I think.
This ball impressed me from the first tee shot today and I am going to play this thru the rest of the year and see how it does. Hopefully we still have some warmer days to play and see if the performance will be better in warmer temps.

Awesome Write-up SD.

Great to see the distance gains for you. i’ve made the switch to other Srixon balls for my gamers, but I think you make a compelling case for my offseason ball

Awesome Write-up SD.

Great to see the distance gains for you. i’ve made the switch to other Srixon balls for my gamers, but I think you make a compelling case for my offseason ball
I played Q-Star Tour for a year but the one thing that got me was it felt hot off the face of the putter, this has a softer feel and just feel right to me.
I was really shocked at the distance gains and like it.
Definitely give it a go.

Budget golf has these on sale buy 2 get 1 free. :)

I love Srixon but I wish they would stop trying to push the agenda that soft balls give you more distance. Not only does it not spring off the face at impact to give you more distance, you actually lose ball speed and distance with a softer ball.
I do love the soft feel of balls like this but more distance? Nope.

you must not be a slow swinger.

Oh, I'm a much slower swinger than I used to be. I'd estimate my fastest Driver swing to be no more than 90 MPH.

This reminds me very much of the velocity vs mass argument in archery hunting. Some people were on the side of maximum speed with the lightest arrow possible. Some people were on the side of heavy, slow arrows. Truth is, the sweet spot was in between those two extremes. At that point momentum, and with it kinetic energy, was at it's maximum.

Two or three years ago I bought a dozen Wilson Duo golf balls that advertised a ridiculously low compression number on either the package, or on the in store POS. They felt great! They were as soft as marshmallows. They also didn't go anywhere! There are so many choices these days, it kind of depends on how much money you have to throw away on bad ball purchases!

FWIW, the best feeling ball I've hit in the last few years was a found Taylor Made TP5! It felt wonderful coming off the club face, and flew like a rocket! I really regretted losing that ball. The only problem was that they were as expensive as Pro-V1's! But, they're on sale now! Hmmmmm!

Oh, I'm a much slower swinger than I used to be. I'd estimate my fastest Driver swing to be no more than 90 MPH.

This reminds me very much of the velocity vs mass argument in archery hunting. Some people were on the side of maximum speed with the lightest arrow possible. Some people were on the side of heavy, slow arrows. Truth is, the sweet spot was in between those two extremes. At that point momentum, and with it kinetic energy, was at it's maximum.

Two or three years ago I bought a dozen Wilson Duo golf balls that advertised a ridiculously low compression number on either the package, or on the in store POS. They felt great! They were as soft as marshmallows. They also didn't go anywhere! There are so many choices these days, it kind of depends on how much money you have to throw away on bad ball purchases!

FWIW, the best feeling ball I've hit in the last few years was a found Taylor Made TP5! It felt wonderful coming off the club face, and flew like a rocket! I really regretted losing that ball. The only problem was that they were as expensive as Pro-V1's! But, they're on sale now! Hmmmmm!
Im with you. I used to buy into the notion of soft golf balls because I loved how they felt but they had no distance and not much spin. I tried the Duos and loved them but the performance just wasn't there. Ive tried the Maxfli Softfli, same thing. I then went to some firmer, tour balls and found that I got the distance back that I lost.
Im sure that soft golf balls sell because people love how they feel but for me the performance just isn't there. 🤷‍♂️ Not to mention the science just isn't there to prove that softer golf balls spring off the clubface more than firmer ones do. People can argue it all they want but show me facts and science, not claims and half truths and I'll believe it.

Played this ball today, was 43 at tee time. Great performance off the tee, on approach shots I was seeing minimal rollout (2-4 feet at most). I had some green side chips with a 58° wedge that the ball hopped and stopped on me which surprise @shanewu.
Durability wise these are great. Even with some really good wedge contact I didn't notice any scuffing of the ball.

Played this ball today, was 43 at tee time. Great performance off the tee, on approach shots I was seeing minimal rollout (2-4 feet at most). I had some green side chips with a 58° wedge that the ball hopped and stopped on me which surprise @shanewu.
Durability wise these are great. Even with some really good wedge contact I didn't notice any scuffing of the ball.
I've played the Soft Feel a few times, not a bad ball. To me, they're almost 100% interchangeable with the Callaway Supersoft. Surlyn covers get knocked for lack of spin all the time, but both the Soft Feel and Supersoft perform well enough around the green for me. I don't have the kind of spin game to back a ball up.

I've played the Soft Feel a few times, not a bad ball. To me, they're almost 100% interchangeable with the Callaway Supersoft. Surlyn covers get knocked for lack of spin all the time, but both the Soft Feel and Supersoft perform well enough around the green for me. I don't have the kind of spin game to back a ball up.
They are, I think the Supersoft may launch just a bit higher but thats just an eye test.

I think the supersoft is a bit softer? I like SS in the cold temps, SF for the rest of the year.

I think the supersoft is a bit softer? I like SS in the cold temps, SF for the rest of the year.
I think the Supersoft does have lower compression, but I can't feel any difference when I hit them. A launch monitor might show a difference, but I can't feel it.

I honestly don't remember seeing that kind of action with a non-urethane before on short chips. Really shocked me.

I play soft compression balls and found one of these on my last round. really like the color. Does not feel as good as my wilson gamer off the putter face.
Will try to put it in play next time to see if tee to green if I can determine any preferences.

Back