New TaylorMade balls, Penta TP5 & Penta 3

Interesting stuff, thanks Pete.

TP3 sounds like a ball that could make a MAJOR dent in the market for TM. Very interested in this one, especially at the price.

TP3 is the one going head to head with ProV1 I believe...

I noticed this yesterday. I know the 5 is the same Penta as old but don't know anything about the 3. Should be interesting to find out

Tapaway!

Can't wait to hear more about the new penta line!

I like the sound of this:

"The new Penta TP3 is the only Tour quality ball with a urethane cover for under $35."

I'm kinda starting to fall in love with the Penta.

Interesting...I quite like the Penta. I need to do a little research on the TP3. To me, for $35 I would rather just buy the B330 series by Bridgestone.

Id like to know more aboot the TP3. If its anything like the TP Black, no thanks.

Interesting....the TP3 has me intrigued.

I'm very curious about the TP3. I like urethane covers, and that's pretty cheap. This could be a really good ball for a lot of people.

Looks like there will be a lot of ball testing, I mean golf ball testing, come the spring. I've always used the Penta since it came out, works so well with my game but might have to give the 3 a try,

Wait, so its a 3-piece ball, but they are still going to call it a "Penta"???? Brilliant. I guess this is like "metal woods", except that it is being done intentionally by marketing guys.

Wait, so its a 3-piece ball, but they are still going to call it a "Penta"???? Brilliant. I guess this is like "metal woods", except that it is being done intentionally by marketing guys.

Yup it's the Penta5 and the Penta3. The original 5 layer and a new 3 layer!

The Penta TP5 is a different version than the one that is out right now. It is supposed to be longer off the tee and play better into the wind. I
Can't wait for this ball, it has the potential to be the best ball ever for me!

That didn't occur to me. Pretty funny!

The Penta TP5 is a different version than the one that is out right now. It is supposed to be longer off the tee and play better into the wind. I
Can't wait for this ball, it has the potential to be the best ball ever for me!

That sounds great! I'm also intrigued to try the TP3.

Big fan of the Penta. Probably my favorite ball in the last couple of years. If they found a way to improve it, it is a can't miss.

I wonder if it's a great move to bring the TP3 into the premium Penta range...or if they should have stuck with the one ball the name suggests?

So I guess the TP3 will replace the Burner TP?

I can see the marketing campaign: a guy picks up his Penta 3 ball from the hole. Smiles. Cut to PoV of him writing a 3 in his scorecard. Somehow work in the fact that he usually makes 5 on the hole.

3 is the new 5. The TaylorMade Penta 3.

Penta 3 looks interesting, I had some luck with a Penta I found on the course this past year if they make them affordable I'd try it out.

depending on the price of the penta 3 i may give that a whirl in the winter. im hoping the penta 5 is the same as the current penta i really enjoy that ball.

The TP3 sounds right up my alley and I will have to give it a shot when I see them in a couple years.

The TP3 sounds right up my alley and I will have to give it a shot when I see them in a couple years.

Same here, TP3 would probably be the better ball for me. However, it would depend on the price point here because for a few extra dollars I would stick with my Bridgestone Ball.

Same here, TP3 would probably be the better ball for me. However, it would depend on the price point here because for a few extra dollars I would stick with my Bridgestone Ball.
From the sounds of it, it will be $34.99 which puts in right up against the e5 line. You give me a 3 piece Urethane covered ball for that price and I could very well be in.

Back