New TaylorMade balls - V3 Urethane

thommo.sx

Frosty treacherous wretch
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw these on sale over here, advertised as "New", and thanks to the good works of the diligent testers here, when they didn't ring any bells I thought I'd mention them.

V3 Urethane - TaylorMade

Urethane cover, "SpinMantle", "React Core", 70 compression, £25/doz.

To the encyclopaedic golf brains here, I'm guessing these are a rebadged old 3 piece tour ball to sell off old inventory, but anyone have an inkling what older ball it could be please?

Possibly the previous Project(a)?

Possibly the previous Project(a)?
That's what I would have concluded based on the construction and that Project(s) is on the site as well.

I'm going to guess this is the Euro version of Project (a), which appears to still be current in North America.

I was thinking that as well, except that the project (a) is still about, so I would have thought that name recognition meant that "last years project (a)" would sell more than a ball where no-one remembers V1 or V2...

I'm going to guess this is the Euro version of Project (a), which appears to still be current in North America.

That's the thing - we have project (a) as well, and it's £5-£10 more a dozen.

That's the thing - we have project (a) as well, and it's £5-£10 more a dozen.
Buy a dozen of each and tell us the difference :)

Same compression and all, just doesn't make sense. Maybe the V3 is the old Project (a)?

Buy a dozen of each and tell us the difference :)

[whisper] I don't like anything TaylorMade :sad: [/whisper]

Just one of those weird personal foibles, but they do nothing for me. My playing partner yesterday mentioned them, and I was wondering if the boffins on here knew if they are a repacked TP Red / Project (a) / whatever.

[whisper] I don't like anything TaylorMade :sad: [/whisper]

Just one of those weird personal foibles, but I they do nothing for me. My playing partner yesterday mentioned them, and I was wondering if the boffins on here knew if they are a repacked TP Red / Project (a) / whatever.
After a bit of searching, I'd put my $ on them being similar to the RBZ Urethane.

Good shout - I forgot the whole RBZ designation. :good:

I had to Google "Boffins"...it's sounded snotty when i first read it.
I'm glad I did. I now have a new word to throw around.

I had to Google "Boffins"...it's sounded snotty when i first read it.
I'm glad I did. I now have a new word to throw around.

LOL. Same here.

Back