New TaylorMade Stealth Drivers and 3 Woods

Man, I've been chasing speed and distance with driver all season. It's so incredibly fugly that I'm almost ashamed to say it might get a hard look from me. :cautious:

With creep are the manufacturers able to limit or stop it once it reaches a certain point so it doesn’t become a hot face?
No unfortunately. Outside of starting slower. This is what happened with a few pga tour players over the last couple of years.

I guess I just mean that their tech and marketing has rung hollow with me for a few years, and I only even gave them a chance because their crown looks amazing. Twist Face? Don't care. Rudder they copied from a different brand? Seems to work but hardly their innovation. Injected speed foam that slows the head down? GTFO with that marketing mumbo jumbo.
But for whatever reason when I swing the thing, the ball goes far and straight. It's madness.
Yeah you have had a ridiculously good driving year. I tested out the SIM drivers and they just felt super light to me. I doubt this change in materials will help that. Not sure why but it was off putting. That said, good strikes were bombs. I can see why some love them. The new tech is obviously above my paygrade but I can’t imagine they would make this type of investment without some promising results. Hopefully, it will be raining bombs and not warranty claims.

So it's black chrome and red? With a carbon fiber face? 2 out of 3 ain't bad.:ROFLMAO:

I personally think the crown colors should stay the same. Hope that’s the case.

Im more curious about the sound/feel of this one. I’m sure the tech has a story and materials/processes have evolved since the last time this type of offering hit the market, but if the sound/feel is not appealing I can see this one floundering a bit. The OG Epic had the same issue and while it was a good driver, the sound/feel at impact pushed many away.

Durability shouldn’t be an issue for composite. What is real is creep and there is a reason that previous drivers done this way by Callaway and others started slower.

While I can’t comment on this particular driver and tech yet, creep and usga limits will be a hot button for those that do research

with minimal research or knowledge on the subject, I would imagine the tour players will be needing to rotate heads somewhat Faster than they usually do?

I think most cats are pretty much out of the bag (already online, the pictures are what took a while) now, so I feel fine saying *decided I don't want to get yelled at with exact numbers* so let's say upper 5's and more uppers 5's for the 2 models. Some rumors I've heard are pretty wild.
So basically 6 bills?

Im more curious about the sound/feel of this one. I’m sure the tech has a story and materials/processes have evolved since the last time this type of offering hit the market, but if the sound/feel is not appealing I can see this one floundering a bit. The OG Epic had the same issue and while it was a good driver, the sound/feel at impact pushed many away.
There has to be an interesting story around acoustics wit that significant a change in design materials.

The OG Epic was an interesting club for sure. Great performance on a trackman but a sound that only lovers of the original Rapture could like. And a lot of defects due to the manufacturing process (carbon fibers shredding off etc). Ironically i have the first lefty head ever made and it's still good as new.

Interested to hear the reviews when this beast comes out! There's pics online now--carbon fiber face eh

Ironically i have the first lefty head ever made and it's still good as new.

Interesting. I seem to recall that head at the Grandaddy while Phil was hitting on the range by THPers getting fit. How do you know it’s the same head?

Interesting. I seem to recall that head at the Grandaddy while Phil was hitting on the range by THPers getting fit. How do you know it’s the same head?

Phil had a hernia operation right after that if you recall and they gave me it. I also hit the all black one that was the the prototype head. I was only allowed to go because the head freed up. THP had no lefties on their trip from what I was told by Callaway

You can probably guess based on that which group I was with.

The OG Epic was an interesting club for sure. Great performance on a trackman but a sound that only lovers of the original Rapture could like. And a lot of defects due to the manufacturing process (carbon fibers shredding off etc). Ironically i have the first lefty head ever made and it's still good as new.

Interested to hear the reviews when this beast comes out! There's pics online now--carbon fiber face eh
I loved the sound of the epic. That muted thwack at impact. The sim is the closest thing I’ve found to that since.

Phil had a hernia operation right after that if you recall and they gave me it. I also hit the all black one that was the the prototype head. I was only allowed to go because the head freed up. THP had no lefties on their trip from what I was told by Callaway

You can probably guess based on that which group I was with.
Phil had the only head, but they got the guys LH heads with in a week or so

Can we talk about the name for a minute?

STEALTH

Is a red carbon faced driver what you think of when you hear the word 'Stealth'?

Phil had the only head, but they got the guys LH heads with in a week or so

I was with the "other site", we went the week after THP. They had a SZ and a regular head which we were told were the Phil heads, besides these and an all black prototype we were told these were the only lefty ones in existence. I got fitted and chose the SZ. Anyway, I hope that is accurate I'm not trying to be boastful or anything it's just a fun fact/anecdote

Happy to be a member here now though!

STEALTH

Is a red carbon faced driver what you think of when you hear the word 'Stealth'?
Personally, I think "Space Heater" is more apt.

I was with the "other site", we went the week after THP. They had a SZ and a regular head which we were told were the Phil heads, besides these and an all black prototype we were told these were the only lefty ones in existence. I got fitted and chose the SZ. Anyway, I hope that is accurate I'm not trying to be boastful or anything it's just a fun fact/anecdote

Happy to be a member here now though!
I’m friendly with the owner of that site and no Ill will here. VERY different events.

No unfortunately. Outside of starting slower. This is what happened with a few pga tour players over the last couple of years.

Creep happens with titanium as well. I think is your point. Carbon previously and potentially in the future may just happen faster. Maybe not. We will have to see.

but faces always get faster till they fail..

STEALTH

haha. I wonder if it is some kind of acronym again? Like sim “shape in motion”.

Creep happens with titanium as well. I think is your point. Carbon previously and potentially in the future may just happen faster. Maybe not. We will have to see.

but faces always get faster till they fail..
I have spent some time with some serious composite experts over the last few months and everyone of them says in its current form it will happen faster.

Many other thoughts as it pertains to speed, but it’s not the place to share currently.

I have spent some time with some serious composite experts over the last few months and everyone of them says in its current form it will happen faster.

Many other thoughts as it pertains to speed, but it’s not the place to share currently.

interesting . So it will be longer eventual. haha..

For your vast majority of average golfers I would think this will never be an issue.. they do not play enough or swing hard enough to accomplish the necessary wear or face flex.

but having been active in slow pitch soft ball and seeing that people put their carbon fiber bars in a vise and roll them to soften the fibers and create more flex so the Ball comes off hotter I for sure know it happens.

haha. I wonder if it is some kind of acronym again? Like sim “shape in motion”.
I just find it a little odd/funny with what it is, and can't ever decide if I should think of it as intentional irony, or not. Lol

I'm interested. I want to eventually see a lenticular face (think those 3D hologram plastic pictures)

Back