New things these last few weeks....

donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I cook, love to cook. But i have really gotten good at baking bread from scratch. What have you learned or picked up while staying at home?

Speed posting on THP. I love this place and it's hard to keep up in multiple threads at once, but it's fun trying.

I have learned that working from home every single day makes it tough to not eat all day. I have also learned that i need to clean in certain spots of my home better. I had 8500 steps today doing spring cleaning.

I have only reinforced my best skill of annoying my wife.

I’m considered an essential worker so what I’m finding is that my routine, in general hasn’t changed much. I go to work, come home, practice putting, watch some videos, THP, rinse & repeat with little modification. I don’t miss going out to socialize, other than sports but our golf season hasn’t started yet.
I think the biggest difference is how much time I’m spending at work..... many many many overtime hours.

That I'm a very social person, I really miss interacting with people.

I finished the download content for borderlands 3. And I still go into work... just limited shifts.

I’m taking an afternoon nap nearly every day. That is new from me.

I hadn’t played the guitar in a long time, and I have picked it back up and am right where I left off. Feels good!

I cook, love to cook. But i have really gotten good at baking bread from scratch. What have you learned or picked up while staying at home?
Do you use a starter. I am trying to do sourdough in this downtime. My starter is now only a week old...

Also been trying the peloton app. It’s free for 90 days.

I’m considered an essential worker so what I’m finding is that my routine, in general hasn’t changed much. I go to work, come home, practice putting, watch some videos, THP, rinse & repeat with little modification. I don’t miss going out to socialize, other than sports but our golf season hasn’t started yet.
I think the biggest difference is how much time I’m spending at work..... many many many overtime hours.
Isn't it fun being considered essential??
Not much has changed other than there is nothing to do after work. I am probably drinking slightly more
Keep hoping the govenor will allow golf in MA. It would be good therapy in these crazy times.

Do you use a starter. I am trying to do sourdough in this downtime. My starter is now only a week old...

No, but Have not made sourdough, I generally make Wheat bread or White loaf. The best thin=g about baking bread is the way it makes the whole house smell, the bad part is the whole house smelling of fresh bread. Just make me want more:love:

Isn't it fun being considered essential??
Not much has changed other than there is nothing to do after work. I am probably drinking slightly more
Keep hoping the govenor will allow golf in MA. It would be good therapy in these crazy times.
Yep, but I knew what I signed up for 14 years ago. Less drinking time for me, on account of more work time. Also, rationing... just in case.
I’m still hopeful that our courses will open when the snow melts. It’ll definitely help with mental health.

Back