ANNOUNCEMENT New THP Trophy System

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We just added a new feature to the forum we are calling The Community Engagement Trophy System. We think this will lead to some fun and exciting things for members of this forum. Items such as product testing and more will be coming down the pipeline again for those that are active on The Hackers Paradise, and earning trophies is a great way to find yourself at the top of the list for things like the testings. The trophies will reset after each quarter. The first quarter would normally start 10/1, but we are starting it today so we can work out any kinks.

We are starting with a thread starting trophy and a post count trophy, and it's broken down here:

Thread Starter Trophies
Apprentice Creator
- After you start 15 threads in a quarter, you will get the Bronze Fire Trophy ii_k0ms1efa14.png
Creator - After you start 25 threads in a quarter, you will get the Silver Fire Trophy ii_k0ms1eg519.png
Fire Starter - After you create 35 threads in a quarter, you will get the Golf Fire Trophy ii_k0ms1efu17.png

Post Count Trophies
Apprentice Conversationalis
t - After you reach 250 posts in a quarter, you will get the Bronze Trophy ii_k0ms1eez13.png
Conversationalist - After you reach 500 posts in a quarter, you will get the Bronze Trophy ii_k0ms1efz18.png
Master Conversationalist - After you reach 1,000 posts in a quarter, you will get the Gold Trophy ii_k0ms1efo16.png

Power User - After you reach 4,000 posts in a quarter, you will get the Power User Trophy poweruser.png

We hope to do this with other features like pos in the media gallery, but that is still in the works. We hope everyone has fun with this!!

Quick note: You get 1 point per thread or post, so once you earn 15, 25, 35 thread points or 250, 500, 1,000 post points you will get the appropriate trophy. It can take up to 30 minutes for the trophy to appear. You will get a notification that you have a new badge (that's what the trophy is called in the system, a badge). You can find how many points you have by going to your profile, or hovering over your name in a post, it will say Thread Points or Post Points.

Once you get your badge, you will go into your user settings by going to your name/avatar at the top right and clicking your name. You will now see a tab that says Badges. If you click that it will show you all your badges, and if you click the little megaphone next to your badge it will place that Trophy in your profile and also under your name for everyone to see in the forum. See images below for guidance.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 10.52.52 AM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 10.53.19 AM.png

Last edited:
I love this idea!! I don't know that I have started 35 threads in the almost 9 years since I have joined though!! :LOL::LOL:

Is this retroactive or does it start now?

Very cool idea

• Admin
Cool feature.

Let's see how many threads I can start about my game and progress, LOL. My guess is too many.

I think @JB , @Jman and, @Canadan are trying to light a fire the first day! ?

Very cool!

:ROFLMAO:

No "Arsonist" trophy?

I am about to implement the post count trophy system, the first post is updated with the details, but here they are as well.

Post Count Trophies
Apprentice Conversationalis
t - After you reach 250 posts in a quarter, you will get the Bronze Trophy ii_k0ms1eez13.png
Conversationalist - After you reach 500 posts in a quarter, you will get the Bronze Trophy ii_k0ms1efz18.png
Master Conversationalist - After you reach 1,000 posts in a quarter, you will get the Gold Trophy ii_k0ms1efo16.png

There ya go THPers. This is going to be a blast and will be a great way to add some future items that involve equipment testing and more.

I'm REALLY liking all these new features in the forums. Hats off @GolferGal !!!!!!!!!!

The new features on here are outstanding it just keeps getting better and better!

I just made a small tweak, so you don't get a notification every time you make a post. That would get super annoying. But you can still check how many points you have by hovering over your avatar in a thread or going to your user profile, where it says credits and post points.

I just made another change, I changed the word Credits to be Thread Points, so you can clearly tell which are for starting threads and which are for making a post.

this will be fun!

I guess with my posting speed I might get close to earning one before the next quarter rolls over.

Back