Scooby555

Reaction score
I have an open spot in my bag and have been wanting to try a chipper but really not wanting to spend a ton on one. Then I saw the video in the link below and wanted to try it.

Maltby KE4 Max PW with 14g weight bent as upright as it would go. DG S400 wedge shaft with a tip weight installed. I can post the parts list if someone wants it.

I had the parts shipped to Mobile Clubmaker and he built and shipped it to me. Quality work and a nice guy.

It's Not a Chipper but it sure is fun around the green. I hit little chips from the fringe, 10, 25, and even from 97 yards out. The ball rolls out great and distance control with a little practice gets better and better. The 97 yard shot carried around 80 and rolled uphill to about 20 feet. Not the shot I would normally take but wanted to try it. Carried a bunker with it and rolled up to about 6 feet. Don't think I would get my 58* that close.

My ego is glad it's a PW and Not a Chipper and the results on course with no practice were very good.

Not A Chipper.jpg

Moved this one over to the component section.
Enjoy the new club.

Played around at the range with it a little today. 13 yards from the pin. Still trying to figure everything out with it but decent results for a 1st with it.
I also hit my normal shot with my 58* from the same spot. I hit a knee to waist high nippy spinner that checks up and then rolls out. That is a leaf off the green and not a ball lol

I have hit tons of balls with the 58 and only about 40 with the Not a Chipper. I think it will be good with some more practice. It is good on very tight lies to fairway lies. Semi rough or rough, I tried a couple and no bueno if it's sitting down. It needs to be sitting up.

I also hit some bump and runs with my 9 iron but the Not a Chipper will be much more accurate once I learn how far I need to hit for the rollout.

I think it can be a useful tool in some situations with some practice but not sure it's better than my 58.

Not a Chipper from 13 yards to pin.
NOC.jpg
58* nippy shots
58.jpg

Sorry but IMO the 58 results look better to my eye.

Sorry but IMO the 58 results look better to my eye.
They are much better with the 58 but i've also hit a ton more balls with it. The NOC had it's first practice session.

Gotcha. Good luck with your new weapon!

Hope it works out as you hope!

How many degrees upright was it bent? Your photo looks WAY different than the stock shots!

I think there is room for both shots in the bag!
If you have an open spot and it will save you strokes then use it.

Not everyone is going to carry a chipper club but if it works for you Just DO IT!

I have one and its been very handy on punch out recovery shots under trees, It doesn't work great in deep rough but its more about utility for me.

Sometimes its better to get it low and running and sometimes that's not a option.

I think there is room for both shots in the bag!
If you have an open spot and it will save you strokes then use it.

Not everyone is going to carry a chipper club but if it works for you Just DO IT!

I have one and its been very handy on punch out recovery shots under trees, It doesn't work great in deep rough but its more about utility for me.

Sometimes its better to get it low and running and sometimes that's not a option.
I agree. I think it is much easier to bump and run with this club. I also did a dozen balls with my 9i which is my bump and run club but with a little more practice, I think the NOC will be a better choice. I also think from anywhere 50 yards and in, in the right conditions this will be a great option.

I will hit it some more this afternoon and see if I can improve with it a little.

Back