New video game "The Golf Club"

As the real golf season winds down, there is no doubt that I will be playing this more.

Playing....now.
And wow is it a tough course. I had to get ready for work so wasn't able to finish, but was at the -2 mark. In the 11 mph wind I was hitting a few woods into par 4s. A nice mix of great scenery with the water, fair but tough greens, and wide/skinny fairways.

I played a course called Caledonia Plantation last night. It's exactly what you think it is, and do everything you can to not rely on difficult chipping and putting.

And wow is it a tough course. I had to get ready for work so wasn't able to finish, but was at the -2 mark. In the 11 mph wind I was hitting a few woods into par 4s. A nice mix of great scenery with the water, fair but tough greens, and wide/skinny fairways.
In wind, it can be tough. No wind and it's pretty easy. Real life-ish? Definitely worth a practice round if the next one counted.

Freshly released: Sandy Isles Golf and Leisure.
Tropical themed.
Go.

I played a course called Caledonia Plantation last night. It's exactly what you think it is, and do everything you can to not rely on difficult chipping and putting.

Making a note to play both of these over the next couple days.

On TGC Tours, I got my PGA Tour card through the Web.com Finals series. Unfortunately, the "These Guys Are Good" phrase carries forward to the digital realm. Two missed cuts out of two so far, and the closer of the two was by five strokes. Not as much fun when you are at the bottom of every leaderboard.

Layout wise, that wasn't a bad replica at all...shot a 66 against your ghost (knowing I could never beat you by 7 at the real thing). The greens (particularly the edges) weren't as good and seemed like pissed off Donald Ross.

Requesting a couple plays on this one and some feedback. I think it's good enough to submit to TGCT for tour play. At least on the CC tour, maybe the Web.

Shot a bogey-free 68. My only critique would be the fairway width on 7-11, 16, and 18. They are a bit skinny for my taste, maybe half as much first cut to add fairway (my opinion of course). The layout is good, the variety is good, and the greens are not easy, but very fair. The greens would be good for tour play because it looked like you have multiple possible pin positions if you wanted to release four daily versions without having any absurd spots.

Just downloaded this for pc

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Requesting a couple plays on this one and some feedback. I think it's good enough to submit to TGCT for tour play. At least on the CC tour, maybe the Web.
Played it this AM. Nice course. Narrow fairways on a few holes. Like the layout a lot. I'm not very good at the game so shot +8.

Layout wise, that wasn't a bad replica at all...shot a 66 against your ghost (knowing I could never beat you by 7 at the real thing). The greens (particularly the edges) weren't as good and seemed like pissed off Donald Ross.

Yeah there were a few holes I did some major head scratching around the greens. Someone needs some work on their green skills.

Shot a bogey-free 68. My only critique would be the fairway width on 7-11, 16, and 18. They are a bit skinny for my taste, maybe half as much first cut to add fairway (my opinion of course). The layout is good, the variety is good, and the greens are not easy, but very fair. The greens would be good for tour play because it looked like you have multiple possible pin positions if you wanted to release four daily versions without having any absurd spots.

Played it this AM. Nice course. Narrow fairways on a few holes. Like the layout a lot. I'm not very good at the game so shot +8.
I went and tweaked the holes you mentioned Donne. I thought they might be an issue, but being not great, I thought it might be OK, but if you, the semi-master, think they're too narrow, then they are. I will have a second version up very soon and will let you know. Thanks a lot.

I will have a second version up very soon and will let you know. Thanks a lot.
Sandy Bottoms Golf Club
Go

Freshly released: Sandy Isles Golf and Leisure.
Tropical themed.
Go.

I like Contentment and Blackhawk Run.
Tried this last night playing with 3 people on my roommates profile. He got +10 (he hit water 3 times, lol) , myself and my buddy got - 3 each.
I'll play it again on my profile when I get a chance.
I'll try the updated course as well.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Sandy Bottoms Golf Club
Go
Played this just now. I liked the improvements made to it. Finished a solid bogeys free round at 12 under in around 8 mph wind. Can't complain about that.

Sandy Bottoms Golf Club
Go

The slightly wider fairways really made this more playable in my opinion. They are still tight (in a good way) in a few places, but where they are they serve a nice purpose. I noticed it on a couple of the par fives, but the fairway width serves as the defense since they are reachable.

I shot -11 (Tyler got me by one), but with only 3 or 4 mph wind most of the way.

It is a really solid effort, and while I don't have the eyes that some of the tour reviewers have, I certainly enjoyed it more than some courses I have played on TGCTours...looking at you Cuyahoga Golf Club (the course I played on tour this week).

I'll be releasing a course over the next few days. Stay tuned.

I've got to get this game. Been to long

Man if you get it I might have to take the plunge. I enjoy Rory tho.
I still say there's no way on this Earth Rory beats TGC. You could play a different course every day and never see the end of the list. And some are quite spectacular.

I still say there's no way on this Earth Rory beats TGC. You could play a different course every day and never see the end of the list. And some are quite spectacular.
I'm sure that alone makes TGC better but it's just a comfort thing with Rors I grew up on Tiger Woods so it's all a comfort thing lol.

That part makes it better than Rory for sure.

The chipping in this game though can drive you insane though. Shots you can play in real life, not so much in this and I just haven't found a way to substitute it.

That part makes it better than Rory for sure.

The chipping in this game though can drive you insane though. Shots you can play in real life, not so much in this and I just haven't found a way to substitute it.

I can agree with this. Chipping is way more of a nemesis to me than putting is. Maybe if they let the meters on flops and pitches be dropped further than down to 50-60%. Everything else becomes touch and luck of shorter swings for me.

In a way though, that difficulty and not having straight shots 100% of the time are what keep me coming back. I still find this game challenging, and at times down right difficult. There was a course I was playing on tour this week, and I shot a +11 where I just couldn't get off the bogey train, but I still can't figure out what about the course is so hard.

Completely agree Donne. If they just allowed some sort of adjustment would make it a lot better. Trying it on the ANGC replica really pisses me off though as there are some shots you're just like come on game, don't do me like that.

I really need to get Windows working on my iMac again so I can get this game up and running.

Back