New video game "The Golf Club"

adwillingham

2-Time HOFer
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What are some of the best golf club courses on PS4? Is there a chambers bay? An Augusta National?
Yes on both of those...the best Augusta National is called Magnolia National 16 (it is tremendous). Chambers Bay is called just that, and I think both are by the same designer.

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Yes on both of those...the best Augusta National is called Magnolia National 16 (it is tremendous). Chambers Bay is called just that, and I think both are by the same designer.
Yes they are magnificent. The original Magnolia was incredible, 16 is great.
What are some of the best golf club courses on PS4? Is there a chambers bay? An Augusta National?
There is also a Whistling Straits replica, believe it says Kohler in the title. When we playing?

adwillingham

2-Time HOFer
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes they are magnificent. The original Magnolia was incredible, 16 is great.
16 may be the best, most authentic playing Augusta National I have seen on any game, even compared to EA's officially licensed versions. So many others have gotten the topography right, but the speed wrong, or tweaked the topography to get the speed right. This one is almost perfect on both fronts and is a real challenge.

mmaynard11

Reaction score
Handicap
Man I have not played this game in a REALLy long time. Whose up for a game around 10pm tonight on PS4?

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Man I have not played this game in a REALLy long time. Whose up for a game around 10pm tonight on PS4?
Match play 4 ball online is fun. Or just running ghosts around.

mmaynard11

Reaction score
Handicap
Match play 4 ball online is fun. Or just running ghosts around.
Only way I've played is along with ghosts. I'd be down for some Match play.

T0AD

More Golf in 2019!!
Reaction score
Handicap
16 may be the best, most authentic playing Augusta National I have seen on any game, even compared to EA's officially licensed versions. So many others have gotten the topography right, but the speed wrong, or tweaked the topography to get the speed right. This one is almost perfect on both fronts and is a real challenge.
I have not seen the 16 version....I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work.

I've been working on a sort of Aztec/Incan pyramid and volcano type themed course for a while now. Was almost done when they released the last update and now am going through and re-doing the textures and planting.

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
I have not seen the 16 version....I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work.

I've been working on a sort of Aztec/Incan pyramid and volcano type themed course for a while now. Was almost done when they released the last update and now am going through and re-doing the textures and planting.
16 is great. Complete with pine straw and everything. Looks magnificent.

T0AD

More Golf in 2019!!
Reaction score
Handicap
16 is great. Complete with pine straw and everything. Looks magnificent.
Holy crap!!!! I'm only on the second hole, but the look at the approach down the hill is Spot. On!!
WOW

Chip

Reaction score
Handicap
Logan farms and Crawford Mines have some of the best bunkers on the game.And the greens are brutal

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Dogwood Ranch. Check it out. It's my latest creation. Need to be able to work the ball in most winds.

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
Dogwood Ranch. Check it out. It's my latest creation. Need to be able to work the ball in most winds.
Just finished a round on it tpluff. I liked it. Holes 15 and 16 are really fun back to back short par 4. I'm a bit out of practice and didn't putt or chip well. Also hit a few long balls that rolled off the backs of greens into bunkers. I'll give this course a try again soon.

cpljohnst

Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
Played this tonight. Really like this course. Really done well!

cpljohnst

Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN

mr.hicksta

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
$29.99 on Amazon Prime for the Xbox One version? I found what I'm spending this birthday gift card on!

Chip

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm down to getting a group going on here.Will try the new Augusta and tpluffs course tomorrow

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I'm down to getting a group going on here.Will try the new Augusta and tpluffs course tomorrow
My copy will be here Friday.

Im still big in to BLOPS3, so I wont let this game interupt my dominations of newbs on that.

Chip

Reaction score
Handicap
Wish I could play real golf like i do on this game :(

Chip

Reaction score
Handicap
Just played it.Nice job,greens way to firm and fast for me.Never quite played greens like that before

cpljohnst

Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
Played Dogwood again Tpluff. +3 this time around. Adjusted to the firm greens a bit better this time around.

Then played Magnolia 16 against Michigan Slices ghost and saw him ace #11. Pretty cool!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in