New video game "The Golf Club"

Played Dogwood again Tpluff. +3 this time around. Adjusted to the firm greens a bit better this time around.

Then played Magnolia 16 against Michigan Slices ghost and saw him ace #11. Pretty cool!
That was awesome wasn't it?

Yeah I kept the greens firm on this one with the pins back and big greens. The next one I make it'll stop on a dime I imagine.

Man I haven't found the time to
Get into the basement and load up a game. Happens this weekend.

This game should be here Saturday, might be able to fire it up this weekend if I get a minute. Excited to see what it's all about.

This game should be here Saturday, might be able to fire it up this weekend if I get a minute. Excited to see what it's all about.
I'll play you sometime.

Have some free time this winter with my permanent pre-move coming.Might give a course design a shot.

Have some free time this winter with my permanent pre-move coming.Might give a course design a shot.
That's the part of the game that intrigues me the most.

Thanks for the heads up

Is this game only available on the new gen consoles? Not the xbox 360?

Is this game only available on the new gen consoles? Not the xbox 360?

As far as I am aware, yes, it is only available on the latest gen consoles and PC

Wondering on picking this up for the PC, but not sure how much of a community there is on there so this might pass me by for a while still until I eventually find the time (and funds) to pick up a PS4

Finally played a full round yesterday (had a buddy over). We have a big learning curve to figuring out the power for swings/putts etc. No little gauges to help. Birdie'd the 1st then all hell broke loose. After the round we looked at each other and grabbed more beer. We got punished, especially on putting. EA Tiger's we usually shot around the -12 to -15, and Rory we've only played twice and was around -8's, this game I was +18 and my buddy was +32. LOL

BUT: (there's always a but)

We both liked the course details, I loved watching the ball hit and roll on the greens following the contours, commentary will be staying off, no gimmicky power or spins like EA (at least not that we noticed). Time for hole loading etc was zero so performance was awesome. Didn't see any strange video glitches.

All in all, this game will be our friday golf/pizza/beer night until we get outside. I'm gonna try and get some more rounds in this weekend so I can have a sad but existing handicap.

cpljohnst: I seen your 2 rounds in messages, I'll give them a go.

This one showed up yesterday, haven't had a chance to play yet, might be able to get around in this weekend

I turned off the commentary, too. So bad after about three rounds.

So, who is dumbell-somethingorother? I forget what it was. It was the ghost I played on Dogwood. I shot a 78. :(

I turned off the commentary, too. So bad after about three rounds.

So, who is dumbell-somethingorother? I forget what it was. It was the ghost I played on Dogwood. I shot a 78. :(

Might be a person that stumbled upon the course. What'd they shoot?

Any of you guys on PS4 ? Add me,

PSN: YANTROPOV

Finally played a full round yesterday (had a buddy over). We have a big learning curve to figuring out the power for swings/putts etc. No little gauges to help. Birdie'd the 1st then all hell broke loose. After the round we looked at each other and grabbed more beer. We got punished, especially on putting. EA Tiger's we usually shot around the -12 to -15, and Rory we've only played twice and was around -8's, this game I was +18 and my buddy was +32. LOL

BUT: (there's always a but)

We both liked the course details, I loved watching the ball hit and roll on the greens following the contours, commentary will be staying off, no gimmicky power or spins like EA (at least not that we noticed). Time for hole loading etc was zero so performance was awesome. Didn't see any strange video glitches.

All in all, this game will be our friday golf/pizza/beer night until we get outside. I'm gonna try and get some more rounds in this weekend so I can have a sad but existing handicap.

cpljohnst: I seen your 2 rounds in messages, I'll give them a go.

I started with pretty high score also! I'm able to shoot between 65-75 for most course now.

Outside of this thread, I have not read anything about this game.

What equipment is used? Is it generic?

Generic. Can't improve the player in any way like you can in PGA tour.

So I just played my 2nd round against cpljohnst (ghost). Well that sucked, it didn't even count the round for handicap. Guess i have to play on my own for that. Finished the round off with a lovely 4 putt hahaha

This game is highly addictive... consider yourself warned!

Back