New Year's resolution - Golf.

I've been playing 4 years - getting my hcp down fairly decently. For me, I believe losing some weight will really bring out my full potential - I'm fighting flexibility issues. I would just like to see how low I can get my hcp ... and losing weight is the biggest obstacle and the focus of my off season ...

Want to play as much as I can. I also want to get some rounds in with THP'rs.

Well, I do not have that many resolutions, one I can think of though is to take a course and get a formal handicap as soon as possible in the spring (to play most courses in Sweden you need a formal handicap). A part from that I have some goals, the most important one is to play as much as possible and have fun

Resolution: Just play more... Only played 46 times this year, and as a retiree living in NE Florida, that is totally unacceptable...
Illness and injury slowed me down... Want to play at least 100 times next year.... Oh yeah, and lessons, too.......

Just keep on enjoying the game, work on my short game.

1) Get out of my own head, some old ingrown bad habits are refusing to die. But I feel like I'm on the verge of making it happen.

2) Meet THPers, I'd love to put faces to screen names.

I want to aim for the center on the green more,
stop trying to throw tarts at the pin.
And use one darn brand & model of ball all year.

My putting has always been great, I feel like I can make anything from inside 15 feet whenever I'm on the green... I just have trouble getting there! Playing next to my teammates firing 65s like it's nothing has shown me that the next step in my game is 50 - 150 yards out. They are almost always are close than me when it comes to proximity. I think it's due to my practice regimen and my aggressive swing behavior. I need to relax more on those shots and trust in my abilities.

Great thread idea.

For 2015, I would like to get back in shape. Injuries have been plaguing me from doing this the past 2 winters. Then, just go have fun playing.

Get my swing corrected from years of just trying to get by without lessons. Also want to get more golf fit to be a bit more powerful. Probably should use golf cart less.

Get started with a instructor and stick with him (last year I took a couple of lessons but work got in the way)
Get my handicap to the 10-12 range
And most importantly, play in a THP event and play with some THPer's!

1. Lose 50 pounds.
. . I lost 100lbs last year, but have put 15 back on. My golf swing improved with the weight loss, and I was able to pick the ball up out of the cup.

2. Work on changing to a stronger grip.

3. Work on golf specific exercises this winter, plus a little cardio.
. . I stand up all day (10+ hours) 5 days a week, so I have a strong lower body, but have pathetic core and upper-body strength.

I'm getting to the age where I just want to finish the year on the green side of the grass. Also, I have the life tenure to use the Senior Tees, so I am going to use them and not give a damm what anyone may say or think about it. If the Senior tees are prohibited, I don't need to play.

Well, first is to try and get physically healthy, at least as much as I can. My left shoulder /neck, and now the plantar area ( getting special high $$ insoles - hope they help! ) on my left foot have just really made it hard to practice so improving has been very tough.

Golf wise - I need to hit less drivers off the tee. I hit my Xhot2 3 hybrid 210-215 yards off the tee, almost always hit the fairway with it, and I play from the whites. On most holes, especially unreachable par 5's, that's more than enough. Especially because for whatever reason, ratio wise, I am much longer with my irons than driver. And I am in desperate need of a putting lesson...I really believe if I improve my putting I will be a single digit HC.

Improve my bunker play, work on eliminating that top / chunk I seem to have one every hole and slowly try to lengthen my swing or I am never going to get much distance of the tee. But most off all remember that it is just a past time and to enjoy every moment I have on the course.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

My resolution is to front load the season with weekly lessons and keep them going all year if that is what it takes to get me out of this vicious circle of improvement and regression.

1)Need to dial in my 9i and PW this year. Tee game was great last year but too often I would not be on in regulation.
2) Get into a THP event
3) play 3 new courses.

Spending more time on the practice greens putting and less time on the range.

I'd like to play more competitive golf.

I'd like to play more competitive golf.

I'm right there with you. I'm hoping to play a few events on the Vancouver Golf Tour in 2015 but their scheduling is tough for me (mostly weekdays).

I'm finally going to take some lessons, and later this spring go to a Callaway performance center and get a total bag fitting.

i want to break 80 more than half the time this year, and get my handicap down below 8.

Back