New Year's resolution - Golf.

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
So I love new equipment. Clubs. Last year I updated my clubs and went majority bio cell. Browsing the forum, I came upon the reviews of the new Cobra driver. I'm thinking that this club would be great, it even has an adjustable CofG. I should try this thing out!!

Hold on. I've figured out my resolution for next year. I shaved about 10 strokes off my game this year due to finding a great pro. So instead of going to blow another $300 on a new driver, I'm going to take that money and invest in more winter lessons. A new driver might seem like the right idea but really it's all about proper coaching to help me achieve the consistency I desire.

So that's my golf New Year's resolution. No new club buying for 2015.
What's yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This year I'll learn to shape shots.

Mine is to branch out on my playing group, maybe even a NorCal THP get together. I always play with the same guys, mostly because of the great friendships but also out of fear of embarrassing my self in front of others.

same for me, spend less on clubs, more on lessons

To just hit the damn ball.

2015 goals:

Stock swing. At all costs.
Entertainment and fun, at the cost of scoring if need be.
Events with my wonderful friends from THP.

Just to hit it straight every time. I couldn't give a rat's azz about distance and style. I'll worry about that in 2016.

Get lessons from pro, then play with THP'rs

A handicap that begins with only a decimal. I'll even entertain if it begins with a + in front of it. I need to quit messing around when on course and realize it's about just finding the green and get out of there with two putts or less. If hitting it poorly that day, find a way to get it done and figure it out on the practice tee afterwards, not during.

Also: stay the $@&$ out of my own way when playing. It's like the second I think about a score, the over-analyzing begins and the score goes up.

A handicap that begins with only a decimal. I'll even entertain if it begins with a + in front of it. I need to quit messing around when on course and realize it's about just finding the green and get out of there with two putts or less. If hitting it poorly that day, find a way to get it done and figure it out on the practice tee afterwards, not during.

Also: stay the $@&$ out of my own way when playing. It's like the second I think about a score, the over-analyzing begins and the score goes up.

It's time to simplify that game and stay out of the bunkers buddy!

It's time to simplify that game and stay out of the bunkers buddy!

Hahaha it's not even bunkers, although I hate them too. Firing at "red flag" pins just because I'm bored, and trying to get cute with shots around the green when I should just be thinking give yourself an easy putt for par. It's like the left shoulder has someone saying, "just give yourself something easy and let's get out of here" and the right shoulder says, "bet you could jar this if you wanted to" and that jerk on the right shoulder is really good at winning the internal discussion.

Move south. More golf, yes please!

I just want to play consistent golf and have fun doing it. If I get better, c'est la vie!!

I want to resolve that I buy NO MORE drivers this year but that's just setting myself up for failure.

Play more, work harder on improving. Get into a workout habit to strengthen up a bit.

Fun
More THP events
Continue the lessons and the downward progress on score

In that order.

Mine is to take it easy with the equipment flipping, get used to my set, and drop those scores!

Continue to have fun playing golf, that’s the most important one.
Do everything I can to make it into a THP event.

Lowering my handicap would be nice, but if I can’t, too bad. Having fun now as a 21 as well.

To try and stay out of the Doc's office more often than not! 2014 was a bad year physically so please let this coming year be healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work on the mental game this year, it really surprised me this year how bad it actually has gotten.

Just have fun on the course.

Past few years have had a bit of focus on prepping for a big event that year, etc and placing a good bit of pressure on myself.

Don't see that being the case for 2015 so I can really just go out and enjoy each outing without worry of where my game will be at a certain time of the year, etc.

More work on the swing to get that consistency.

Bag restocked with upgraded clubs so my resolution is to learn to hit them to the best of my ability.

More golf less practice
Replicate practice swing on the real swings

Winter golf lessons for sure. I'll never be a scratch golfer, but I know I can be better than I was last year.

Retire and move to Pinehurst or Pawleys Island. And I am not joking.

Back