Newb adapter question

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Soooo, I am used to reading and being told everything is opposite for Lefties with an RH adapter on a shaft... But those adapters usually go +1, +1.5...-1, -1.5, etc... The adapter is I have on my shaft has the lofts by number... 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, etc...

My question is - is 9 degrees 9 degrees for LH and RH on this adapter?

Sorry for the dumb question... Looking forward to trying this out but want to make sure... Thanks all. 20200121_201018.jpg20200121_201008.jpg20200121_194935.jpg

Well I'm just sitting here watching Yellowstone and no one is answering you, so I'll give you a bad answer.

I went out and found the only Cobra adapter I apparently have left in the garage. I know for certain that it is a RH adapter, if in fact Cobra differentiates, which I'm assuming they have to regardless of numbering. When oriented the same as the one you posted, the numbers progress in the same direction yours does, but it's off a 10* so the numbers are a little different.
So my instinct is that yours is in fact a stock 10.5 RH adapter. That's what it looks like. Which should make 9* on it, 12* for a lefty and vice versa, since each move off of 10.5 would be one in the opposite direction for you.

There is always the chance I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like. On the rare chance, as a righty, I buy one without realizing in the description that it's off a lefty, I just replace it. Not common though. This is definitely more of a #leftyproblem

Someone who deals with it more should come in and confirm eventually.

Last edited:
shop guy says 9 is nine...left or right on these.

It is not the same for both lefty and righty. Any time you lower loft for one, you add loft for the other. Your 10.5 driver matches the "stock" setting for that adapter. The draw setting for right handed will be the standard setting in lefty. The standard setting for righty will be a fade setting for lefty. So your conversions will be this:

RH - LH
9 - 12F
9.5 - 11.5F
9.5D - 11.5
10.5 - 10.5F
10.5D - 10.5
11.5 - 9.5F
11.5D - 9.5
12 - 9F

It is not the same for both lefty and righty. Any time you lower loft for one, you add loft for the other. Your 10.5 driver matches the "stock" setting for that adapter. The draw setting for right handed will be the standard setting in lefty. The standard setting for righty will be a fade setting for lefty. So your conversions will be this:

RH - LH
9 - 12F
9.5 - 11.5F
9.5D - 11.5
10.5 - 10.5F
10.5D - 10.5
11.5 - 9.5F
11.5D - 9.5
12 - 9F

thank you. much appreciated.

thank you. much appreciated.
No problem. This adapter is no different than the newer one that has +1, -1 etc. In the past their driver models had their own adapter so take the middle number. In this case, 10.5 and use that as 0 then it's the same as the new ones. This is also how you can use an adapter from a 12* model with a 9* model. Just find the center loft number and go from there.

Back