Newbie in this exciting times.

Welcome to THP :welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Hi,
Newbie from Belgium, 51 ( the age, not the hcp which is 12).
Why exciting times? As a sport economist, the PGA/LiV issues are for me a daily source of surprises:)
Looking since 30 years for the perfect swing that suits me, swing I still has to discover.
That’s golf, I guess.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Welcome.

As a sports economist what’s your opinion on this theory I have on LIV.

As a business LIV makes no sense. They are shelling out a couple billion in guaranteed money to get players but they have no revenue. I saw earlier today that their US tv revenue last year is estimated at $3m. Based on rumors that’s about the same as what they pay Jon Rahm per round. Okay the Saudis don’t need LIV to make money and there are the sports washing benefits. Hemorrhaging money is never fun and the shiny new toys get replaced with newer ones.

My theory is LIV was never destined to be viable. Its entire existence is to destabilize the pga tour and get a seat at the table. A way to become a part of the golf establishment. Achieve a level of power and influence similar to what they have achieved with the FIA in motor racing. That appears to so far be successful and they have gotten the pga tour to the negotiating table.

The tour taking a pile of cash and the not shocking news about American business consultants being threatened if they comply with a congressional investigation. If the PGA tour deal falls apart and the merger doesn’t happen will the Saudis keep throwing money at LIV or do they cut their losses?

Welcome to THP !

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Back