Mizuno Pro Irons: 221, 223, 225

If it were up to me, I'd use the logo (running bird) and the number, across the entire club line - that'd be it. make the bird the 'thing' sort of like some of the hats I have seen the logo is front and center, not sure if it actually says Mizuno anywhere (or if it'd need to). Second to that, I could see the script - as many have said - it's the historical background. - not sure the word pro would be needed at all (and no MP, no JPX, no nothing). Woods might be different, but there is way more real estate on the sole of a wood).

Frankly I have always liked Mizuno irons (and most of the drivers), since I played the MX-20 - yea the 20) long ago and their first carbon crown driver the MP-001 - probably the driver I played longer than any other.

I like the cool, old-school script but it's been a Japan "thing" in the past. Unless they are going back to their "Mizuno Pro" roots, they've used "MP" here.

I like the cool, old-school script but it's been a Japan "thing" in the past. Unless they are going back to their "Mizuno Pro" roots, they've used "MP" here.

I know the looks on them are spectacular. If they moved the script towards the heel on the rest they would hit it out of the park.
I think this would make the font much more appealing and acceptable. I think that's part of my issue with it. It just looks odd at the toe.

I think the cursive is a step back in aesthetics. Otherwise they look good. I’m partial to the matte finish on the JPX line though.

I still wish I would have picked up a set of MP18 SC’s. They were perfect.

If it were up to me, I'd use the logo (running bird) and the number, across the entire club line - that'd be it. make the bird the 'thing' sort of like some of the hats I have seen the logo is front and center, not sure if it actually says Mizuno anywhere (or if it'd need to). Second to that, I could see the script - as many have said - it's the historical background. - not sure the word pro would be needed at all (and no MP, no JPX, no nothing). Woods might be different, but there is way more real estate on the sole of a wood).

Frankly I have always liked Mizuno irons (and most of the drivers), since I played the MX-20 - yea the 20) long ago and their first carbon crown driver the MP-001 - probably the driver I played longer than any other.
From a marketing standpoint, putting the word "Pro" on the iron is brilliant because it gives those that are larger or middle handicappers the idea that they are using a "Pro" iron and getting the forgiveness they need. It allows them the target market to be a little larger.

I think the 225s might be the hollow body line for the higher handicap player like me which is pretty interesting. Love to see more profile shots of it.
With the light contrast of the photo on the white background, it's difficult to tell whether the sole is wider or not. I can kind of see on the 223's a little bit of contouring with the cavity back where it may have a wider sole. It may be the 225's are the hollow body SGI. I didn't pay much attention to any of Mizuno's previous irons. Yeah, I know. Sue me.:ROFLMAO: I wasn't in the market for new irons so I wasn't inclined to look at any too closely.

Where's Vosh? He can tell us!

If it were up to me, I'd use the logo (running bird) and the number, across the entire club line - that'd be it.

^^^ this. The logo is elegant and recognizable, the number is the cool factor and where you can play with fonts - but don't go script, that is Titleist's thing.

For those of you that don't like the cursive, you're not on my list for the "pick your foursome."
This is awesome. :LOL:

^^^ this. The logo is elegant and recognizable, the number is the cool factor and where you can play with fonts - but don't go script, that is Titleist's thing.
This isn’t new for Mizuno. At all.

I get the cursive font is old school Mizuno. As someone with two sets of past MP irons in the garage, I don’t love it.

Yep, those will do.

This isn’t new for Mizuno. At all.

Understood. But just because it is old doesn't mean it is good. I'm a perfect example of that :D

For those of you that don't like the cursive, you're not on my list for the "pick your foursome."
Why would it matter, lol. It's sponsored by Callaway and TT. No cursive irons lol

Back