DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
I was a 49ers season ticket holder but dropped them when they moved from SF. Next I became a Raiders season ticket holder but dropped them when they announced their move to Las Vegas.
The Dolphins owner Steve Ross was the only owner to vote against the Raiders move, so now the team I root for is the Miami Dolphins.
As the season is about to begin, which is your favorite NFL team ?

Good question! But for me, the answer is none of them. I'll be glued to NCAA football! Love all college sports MUCH better than pro.

Long suffering Cincinnati Bungles Fan. Looking forward to another less than mediocre year.

The Texans. Deshaun Watson is the second coming, just sayin.

Grew up in South Florida, was a Dolphins season ticket holder (well my parents were since I was a kid), so I’'m a Dolphins fan, for better or worse....and usually it’'s worse.

Last edited:
mar1961;n8879086 said:
Good question! But for me, the answer is none of them. I'll be glued to NCAA football! Love all college sports MUCH better than pro.

I agree, college football is great. My son played 4 years of high school football and will be a college freshman next month. For the past couple of years we bought Stanford Cardinal season tickets and got to see Bryce Love, JJ Arcega Whiteside (Eagles fans will be pleased the team drafted him, an awesome receiver), and when Notre Dame, USC, Oregon etc... were in town, we saw them. Tailgaiting and going to the games with my son is a memory I will cherish.

Ugh :banghead: the Detroit Patriots

Go Giants.

Lifelong Steelers fan

Diehard 49er's fan. I'm excited about George Kittle's potential this year, especially if Garoppolo can stay healthy. Side note, I love going to sporting events in person, except for football. I've been to several NFL games and tailgating is awesome, but I think with the right TV and sound system the experience is far better in your living room.

MrMom;n8879113 said:
Diehard 49er's fan. I'm excited about George Kittle's potential this year, especially if Garoppolo can stay healthy. Side note, I love going to sporting events in person, except for football. I've been to several NFL games and tailgating is awesome, but I think with the right TV and sound system the experience is far better in your living room.

For me if seat location is excellent, attending the games is ideal. However if the seat location is not great, I agree that watching from home is preferable.

MrMom;n8879113 said:

I loved going to sporting events when I was younger, but I much prefer to watch at home or a sports bar now.

GolferGal;n8879118 said:
I loved going to sporting events when I was younger, but I much prefer to watch at home or a sports bar now.

I love watching football in a good sports bar! It's a fun way to keep tabs on your fantasy team. Alas, with a 2-year old and 4-year old at home and a wife that works most Sundays, it's not in the cards for me for a few more years.

DG_1234;n8879080 said:
Next I became a Raiders season ticket holder but dropped them when they announced their move to Las Vegas.
The Dolphins owner Steve Ross was the only owner to vote against the Raiders move, so now the team I root for is the Miami Dolphins.

First, I'm a Bears guy.

I'm curious why you're so against the Raiders-Vegas thing though? I mean, aside from not being able to attend the games if you were a season ticket holder. To me it just makes so much sense. It's a perfect market for it. I've never liked the Raiders, but I will definitely go to games there if it works out during our visits. I can't say that about other teams & locations. Heck, I'd love it if one the MLB teams moved there too. As a former pitcher I'm kind of a baseball purist, but as I'm thinking about it, yeah, I'm totally okay with them ripping away one of the poorly owned/operated teams and putting them in Vegas. Marlins, Orioles, Blue Jays, heck just take the A's and make it an Oakland 2-fer. Or the White Sox. Sucks those are mostly AL teams, but if I can golf, gamble, and go to games in Vegas my wife won't have to 'ask' me if I'm coming along on her work trips anymore. The Bears are playing the AFC West this year. If their game against the Raiders was in Vegas, I'd be there!!

Texans for me. I was a season ticket holder up until my 2nd daughter was born and it took too much time away during home games because we would tailgate and I was the cook. So Saturdays I would spend getting the food and pit ready for Sunday. On Sundays we were in the parking lot by 8am and wouldnt leave until 5 or 6 in the afternoon.

I love live sporting events, but I wont take my daughters to a game as people dont know how to control their drinking and even at NRG there are some idiots that ruin the gameday experience.

b1010544211020e7bebbb6a6e6776e37.gif

Yea, we are the worst. No one likes us. We donÂ’t care.

The best time I can remember being a fan, besides the super bowl, was when I lived in Dallas and went to the local sports bar to watch the Eagles/Dallas game. Seeing the game where the Eagles stopped Emmitt Smith on 4th and one was great. The call of “They give it to Smith, and they stop him again! They stop him again!” Was a classic.

Sucks, Dallas went on to win the Super Bowl and I had to hear it in work. Moved the next year back to PA. 😄

Fun times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldandStiff;n8879127 said:
I'm curious why you're so against the Raiders-Vegas thing though?

The Oakland-Bay Area market has supported the Raiders very well. The Oakland Coliseum is an ideal location adjacent to major freeway (s), enormous parking lots, BART train, Oakland Airport etc.... There is no fair or reasonable reason for the Raiders to vacate Oakland, especially considering that the city-county only 20 years ago borrowed $200 million to make the stadium improvements demanded by former team owner Al Davis.

I am a Texans fan, but I live with a reformed Colts fan. She followed Manning and is now a Broncos fan since we lived north of Denver for several years.

Life long Cowboys fan but I am not paying attention to NFL these days because many of the players are over paid whiners. NCAA is much more entertaining or me. Gig’Em Aggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DG_1234;n8879146 said:
The Oakland-Bay Area market has supported the Raiders very well. The Oakland Coliseum is an ideal location adjacent to major freeway (s), enormous parking lots, BART train, Oakland Airport etc.... There is no fair or reasonable reason for the Raiders to vacate Oakland, especially considering that the city-county only 20 years ago borrowed $200 million to make the stadium improvements demanded by former team owner Al Davis.

You're obviously more invested in this than I am, and my memory isn't perfect, but wasn't that loan & improvements to convince them to come back to Oakland? Didn't seem like a good deal at the time, but they/you/whoever made it, and in sports you tend to have to overpay for everything so from an outsiders perspective it seems about right, now. I mean, I don't know how they handled the loan or anything (most places repeatedly push them off until they bite them in the ass), but 200 mil for 20 years of football really doesn't seem unreasonable. I guess I could understand bitterness as a local fan about them leaving, but they had already left, and you basically paid to get them to come back. Seemed pretty obvious they didn't really want to be there. A girl leaves you, you buy her something shiny to convince her to come back and she does, should you really be surprised when she leaves again later and takes the shiny with her??

SEC for me. Big time Vols fan and have made the trek from Maine for games. Now here's the part that will get me lynched by the rest of the New England crew.... I despise the Patriots! :excruciating:
NFL team for me is the Titans, became a Oilers fan back as a wee kid while visiting my uncle in Arizona and going to games with him. Been a loyal fan since.:joy:

Cowboys fan since 1980.

Life long Bears fan here, though I've been pretty bored with the NFL as of the last few years. I like going to games, but watching it on TV is painful. I'm not in to 3.5 hours of commercials.

With my son, though, I have begun rooting for the Rams as well. He seems to like them, and to get to take him to games locally is a treat.

I grew up a Redskins fan, but more than two decades of malicious incompetence from the front office has ground my actual support for their success to a nub and now I just pay attention for the schadenfreude.

I don't know how to be a fan of a team.

Bengals are just a bunch of dirty criminals lmao
Browns are horrible.
Colts never did anything for me.
Steelers aren't worth being a fan of while living in Cincy.

Still working on it.

Back