NHL '09-'10 Season

_JL_

Let's Go Pens
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
I know there are a few hockey players/fans here in addition to myself. Lets use this thread to talk about all things hockey in the upcoming season.
Maybe we can start with some preseason Stanley Cup predictions.
I like the Blackhawks to come out of the West, and the Pens to repeat in the East, with the Pens taking it in 7 games in the finals.

The season starts tomorrow night right? The Kings first game isnt until saturday night. They might be decent with all of the young guys developing but im not expecting much.
I just joined an adult league and had my first game on Monday night. It was the first time I hit the ice in almost 15 years.

Can't wait for the season to start. Unfortunately I am an AVS fan and it is a rebuilding year. Should be fun though. I also play and my season starts Sunday! Yahoooooo!!!

Nice to hear you guys are playing too. It seems like lots of hockey players also play golf and vise-versa. I guess it's because the seasons mesh so well.

well... I'm a Wings fan, lived in Metro-Detroit for 25 yrs, but I don't think they'll make it to the finals this year. Chicago is definately possible, maybe the Ducks or Canucks... and I still won't completely count Detroit out.

The Pens will learn how hard it is to keep the desire strong, but if they can they have the team to repeat. Bruins and Flyers look to be solid, and should be in the mix.

I am another hockey player (although haven't played as much since moving to NC last year), and now I have a brand new baby girl... so maybe I can get back on a team next spring and just hit up a few drop-in and pick-up games until then.

I haven't watched any Pre-Season or looked at standings, so I couldn't tell you who's going to win the Cup. All I know is I'm rooting for my Sharks!

I always think the Sharks are going to be the best team in the league, but until they do something in the playoffs I'll never predict them to go to the finals. I don't know what it is, they just always choke as soon as the playoffs start.

I always think the Sharks are going to be the best team in the league, but until they do something in the playoffs I'll never predict them to go to the finals. I don't know what it is, they just always choke as soon as the playoffs start.

Yeah...last year was a bummer :sad:

Who saw Okposo from the islanders DIRTY back hand toe drag dangle the other night? filthy

I was sooo pumped when my flames started 4-0 then we LOST a game where we were up by 5!!! they will make a comeback though

My Jackets are 4-1 right now. I'm hoping for another trip to the playoffs with hopefully a different outcome. Maybe get bounced in the second round. "We" are young but also experienced. Should be a good season.

OK time for me to get off the pine and get in, so I think this will be an enjoyable season with some surprises. Out of the East well of course you can't overlook the Pens but Philly, Big B's, Caps and the Blueshirts will look to make things interesting. Now in the West the Hawks have put some firepower together without a doubt but their D and goaltending is a real question mark. I just don't see Huet with a cup sorry Chitown fans, the Wing's aren't going anywhere that I can see far too much loss of talent and the Wizard of Oz is not enough to carry it all. Vancouver might just come out of this and Flame's might just shock everyone, Sharks seem fragmented and the Oiler's look pretty tough as of late, however the whole division seems upside down right now . Now if you held my feet to the fire and I had to pick right now......................................
Cup Finals Vancouver vs. New York Rangers and Vancouver wins in 6. All of this said while I might have been a decent player...I scouted a little for awhile and wasn't very good and only had one good run as a coach at the Kobe Cup. So in short I won't put money on my picks LOL.

It's always interesting when the season begins because expectations are always high for most teams. Some surprises are the Kings (all those draft picks are starting to work out), Rangers (they'll eventually fade), and Colorado (good solid mix of players) and what's up with the Canucks(key injuries and they're not protecting Luongo).
All I can say is Go Sens Go. (Great game tonight VS. the Habs)

Oh and being a Leaf's fan I guess I intentionally skipped over them but truth be told they're as bad as I've seen. Burke has assembled a group of clowns and Wilson will pay the price. Tried to watch a little of the game vs. the Rangers tonight and the final blow came when three Leafs deep in the NYR zone fell over each other like the three stooges giving up a 3 on 1. Poor Joey MacDonald what in the world did he do to deserve this fate.

Good win for the Avs tonight! Way to come back from 2 goals down and again from 1 goal down. The young kids are getting it done!:zthumbsup:

The Kings started off 4-1 but after tonight weve dropped 3 in a row.

The Kings started off 4-1 but after tonight weve dropped 3 in a row.

I am sure the Avs are going to go through the same struggles as the Kings this year since they are both young. Gotta enjoy the wins while they get 'em though.

Nice win for the Kings last night, Kopitar got 3 goals. The Stars defense looked like a little kids team in the first and the Kings collapsed in the third. Nice to pull it off in OT though.

Its not looking too good this year for my Red Wings. Their star players are past their prime and their young players are average at best. They are off to a 3-3-2 start, so Im not expect much. I think they will make the playoffs, but not make it very far into the playoffs.
Id like to see the Capitals do well this year.
As long as the Penguins and that little puke Crosby dont win the Stanley Cup again, I'll be happy.

Well said Bake, It's time for a certain team from Massachusetts to taste Lord Stanleys Cup, yeah right LOL it would be nice if they make the playoffs again this year, wow what a painful start...

Ill jump in too

Im a MN fan and really I am hoping for them to bottom out this year. Having Lemaire for the start of the franchise held them back from finishing low enough to grab an elite talent in the draft but competive enough to keep them on the fringe of the playoffs. Minnesota just doesnt have the talent in the minors to help...they need to bottom out ala the Pens/Caps/Hawks did and move from there.

On a side note, ive got season tickets to the Coyotes(they practally give away the seats). Ive been surprised at their good start... entertaining hockey to watch at least.

Last edited:
Ill jump in too

Im a MN fan and really I am hoping for them to bottom out this year. Have Lemaire for the start of the franchise held them back from finishing low enough to grab an elite talent in the draft but competive enough to keep them on the fringe of the playoffs. Minnesota just doesnt have the talent in the minors to help...they need to bottom out ala the Pens/Caps/Hawks did and move from there.

On a side note, ive got season tickets to the Coyotes(they practally give away the seats). Ive been surprised at there good start... entertaining hockey to watch at least.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Minne. I was a North Stars fan when I was young until they moved to Dallas (hate them now).

If I was in 'Zona I would certainly get tickets to the Coyotes if they were on the cheap. Hockey is hockey and at least you get to see some good teams come to town. Just be prepared to get hosed when they do jack up the prices when they start to excel.

Go Avs!!! They won again tonight. Them youngsters look good!

Graz
Congrats to the start your squad is off to. Hopefully the youngsters can keep up the pace.

As for the Yotes seats:
The tickets are $40 per seat in the lower level a couple of rows up from the zamboni entrance on the end right behind the goal...great seats at just an outstanding value. Jobing.com is a fantastic place to watch a game.

Graz
Congrats to the start your squad is off to. Hopefully the youngsters can keep up the pace.

As for the Yotes seats:
The tickets are $40 per seat in the lower level a couple of rows up from the zamboni entrance on the end right behind the goal...great seats at just an outstanding value. Jobing.com is a fantastic place to watch a game.

Nice price for sure. Doesn't hurt that they are off to a good start either.

I am hopeful for the Avs but I am not to sure they can keep up this pace for the whole season. Should be fun nonetheless..

Back