NHL '09-'10 Season

OK here's how I see it,
Sharks over Avs in 5 (firepower wins) Well at least I picked the winner
Hawks over Pred's in 4 (firepower wins) Boy di I blow this one but came out with the winner
Vancouver over Kings in 7 (talent wins this one) Missed again but picked the winner
Wings over Coyot's in 5 (experience wins this one) Yeah this one is going to haunt me.

Caps over Habs in 4 (too much talent) Game 7 ya gotta be kidding me!
Devils over Flyers in 5 (goaltending makes a huge difference) Yeah it did but for the Flyers
Sabers over 'B''s in 6 (his name is Miller) I believe it's spelled Rassk or whatever
Sens over Pens in 7 (a draw but I think the Sens pull it off)
Blew this one up

SO I still have a chance to have picked the winner in the West but man did I suck an egg in the East I might just go 0 for 4.

Tonight's Coyotes/Red Wings game should be a good one...

I'm so glad I found this thread, hockey is my favorite sport. I'm an avid Avs fan so I'm going through a little depression right now. But at the beginning of the year if you would have asked if I thought we were going to the playoffs I would have said "You're Crazy!!!"

Tonights game 7 should be awesome. As much as I want to see the Habs win a little part of me wants to see the Pens/ Caps meet again.

Did anyone see Dany Heatley throw out the first pitch at the Giants game? Its pretty funny if you can find the video.

Welcome, Ice. Sorry about your Avs, but as long as Craig Anderson is still there they'll be back.

As for my favorite team, I definitely want them to play Montreal next round.
I guess a small part of me would be disappointed if the Pens didn't have to go through Washington again, though.

WOWW!!!!!

Time to cool off a bit, Jaro Halak.

Last edited:
28770_418977711213_626616213_530416.jpg

With the game at 1-0 for the Habs John Carlson #74 from the Caps can't find the effort to come back and pick up the late guy coming in allowing the Habs second tally. Sure would have put a different look to the game in Washington scored to tie it rather then make it 2-1. That said you can't take anything away from the Habs performance especially Hallak (is that how you spell it?). 3 goals allowed on the last 134 shots on net that's incredible. I've never pulled for the Habs not even once in my life but as an ex-goaltender how can I not against the Pens! So here are my picks for the second round.
West:
Sharks vs. Wings SJ in 6 (Howard is highly overrated)
Vancouver vs. Hawks Vancouver in 6 (goaltending in Chitown isn't where it needs to be.)

East: Like I have a clue after going 0-4 in first round

Philly vs. Bruins Bruins in 6 (no clue just sounds right)
Pens vs. Habs ( Pens in 5) but I will pull for the Habs but I just can't see then shutting down the Pens in the same manner they did the Caps.

P.S. Just a side note about Carlson as a 90 birth year maybe he needs to spend a few years in the minors and grow up. Honestly if I had anything to do with the management of the Caps he'd never wear a Washington sweater again

down goes Frazir! down goes Frazir! wow props to the Habs!

WOWW!!!!!

Time to cool off a bit, Jaro Halak.

Yeah, you may not want to play Halak after seeing his play in that last game. When he's hot, he's almost impossible to get past. But the Pens looked really good in the first round, a Blackhawks/Pens final would be nice!!!

I'm so glad I found this thread, hockey is my favorite sport. I'm an avid Avs fan so I'm going through a little depression right now. But at the beginning of the year if you would have asked if I thought we were going to the playoffs I would have said "You're Crazy!!!"

Another Avs fan! Right on, there don't seem to be too many of use outside Denver.

After going 3/4 in the West and and only 1/4 in the East I will give it another try.

West

SJ over Det in 6
Chi over Van in 7

East

Bos over Phi in 6 (Even though I love the Boucher story)
Pitt over Mtl in 5 (Like I said during Canada's gold medal game, the only time I will ever be cheering for Crosby)

Another Avs fan! Right on, there don't seem to be too many of use outside Denver.

I've loved the Avs since they came to Denver, we only have a local USHL team to cheer for here, and once I went to the Pepsi center I was hooked. Joe Sakic is my idol!!!

SJ in 7
Chi in 6
Pitt in 5
Phi in 7

Re: NHL '09-'10 Season

IceyShanks said:
SJ in 7
Chi in 6
Pitt in 5
Phi in 7

I think you're respecting the wings a little too much. But if they both keep playing terribly, you will be right on the money with your picks. I don't know of the habs will even get a goal, rather than a win(obv exaggerating a little)

Hardcore Avs fan right here. I'm bummed about losing but we have to be happy with the season overall. Anderson was HUGE all year. If we had some offense we would still be in the playoffs. I can't help but think if Hejduk didn't get hurt the series would have ended differently.

I can't believe Washington lost. Again. It's been a crazy 1st round...

Hardcore Avs fan right here. I'm bummed about losing but we have to be happy with the season overall. Anderson was HUGE all year. If we had some offense we would still be in the playoffs. I can't help but think if Hejduk didn't get hurt the series would have ended differently.

I can't believe Washington lost. Again. It's been a crazy 1st round...

You know I think Anderson's role in the Avs this year is almost understated even though it seems to be talked about quite a bit. I do have a little bone to pick with Sacco with using him too much throughout the year, he certainly showed a little burnout in the playoffs. But I don't think the avs even have a chance without him to sniff the playoffs.

You know I think Anderson's role in the Avs this year is almost understated even though it seems to be talked about quite a bit. I do have a little bone to pick with Sacco with using him too much throughout the year, he certainly showed a little burnout in the playoffs. But I don't think the avs even have a chance without him to sniff the playoffs.

Oh there is no way they would have made the playoffs without him this season. They probably would have finished dead last. He did seem burned out. Maybe if he didn't have to make 50 saves every game he would have been better...

Looks like what I picked...
Pitt 6
Phi 7
SJ 7
Chi 5
Yeah quite close, I think your chicago series is a bit more realistic, but who knows. It'll be some great games for sure.

San Jose and Detroit was an on the edge of your seat game. Go Sharks!! Finally in Round 2 :clapp:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Loved seeing the wings go down, it hurts to say Go Sharks!

So, who thinks the Pens can crack Halak tonight?
I sure hope so.

Back