NHL '09-'10 Season

I guess you throw it in a zip lock baggie and hide it where ever you can! :act-up:

haa haa, you have to have a good throwing arm or its going to land in the section in front of you haa haa haa

yeah that would suck to have front row seats and get hit in the back of the head with a stinky, slimy dead cephalopod!

What other NHL traditions are there besides the beards and the octopi and the throwing of the hats during a hat trick? :confused2:

Panthers fans threw fake rats on the ice a few years back when they went on a run, but they have stunk since

What other NHL traditions are there besides the beards and the octopi and the throwing of the hats during a hat trick? :confused2:

Not NHL, but hockey nonetheless:
Sieve chant. We do this one every time the Badgers score a goal. We're basically pointing out the fact that the other team's goalie is a sieve, meaning that a lot of stuff gets by him.

Power play chant:

The Bud Song and Varsity. The Bud Song is actually taken from an old Budweiser commerical and at the end the crowd says, "When you say Wisconsin, you said it all". Varisty is just a time honored tradition that is sung at most every Badger game. Typically we sing it during the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd periods of the hockey game. The words go something like this: "SING!!! Varsity, varsity, u-rah rah Wisconsin. Praise to thee we sing, WE SING! U, rah, rah Wisconsin" Then the crowd chants, "U rah rah Wisconsin, u rah rah Wisconsin" over and over.

The we want more chant. After each Wisconsin goal, there is this guy named, "Phil" who has been at every Badger hockey game since the '60s who leads the chant. It goes back and forth between the students' section and the rest of the crowd. The students say how ever many number of goals and the words, "we want more" Then the rest of the crowd answers and it goes back and forth.

Then theres various songs and corepgraphed dances that the UW band and the students section does during the intermissions and in stoppages of play:
Time Warp:

Space Badgers (not sure what its all about myself, honestly):

Tequilla:

This is known as the, "Badger Dance". They do it at the start of the game and the start of each period to get the team and the crowd pumped up:

Ring of fire:

Incase you cant tell, we have A LOT of fun at the hockey games. God, I love hockey!!!! Cant wait for the season to start again in October!!!! :)

Red Wings get a win, looks like the series will end in SJ!!!

Red Wings get a win, looks like the series will end in SJ!!!

I didn't watch the game, and that's probably why the Sharks lost haa haa, but they're still ahead 3-1 :clapp:

come on GC you need to watch the next game! 7-1 is not acceptable! :act-up:

come on GC you need to watch the next game! 7-1 is not acceptable! :act-up:

Yikes!! That bad?!?! I missed it, forgot what I was doing though and totally wasn't thinking about the Stanley Cup playoofs, eeeps!!

yep they even scored another goal on themselves!

been alot of that going on this postseason

forgot what I was doing though and totally wasn't thinking about the Stanley Cup playoofs, eeeps!!
*gasp* Thats blasphemy!!! All I can think about right now is hockey. Im pretty sure my girlfriend will be very happy when hockey season is over and I will talk about something besides hockey.
Im kind of not surprised that the Wings won 7-1 last night. The Sharks had little to play for (and probably figured they had the Wings beat) and the Wings had everything to play for (and were playing for pride and their playoff lives).
Things like that tend to motivate and demotivate a team. Im just glad the Habs won.

*gasp* Thats blasphemy!!! All I can think about right now is hockey. Im pretty sure my girlfriend will be very happy when hockey season is over and I will talk about something besides hockey.
Im kind of not surprised that the Wings won 7-1 last night. The Sharks had little to play for (and probably figured they had the Wings beat) and the Wings had everything to play for (and were playing for pride and their playoff lives).
Things like that tend to motivate and demotivate a team. Im just glad the Habs won.
I won't watch hockey by myself, if the BF is home, then hockey is on and I watch it with him, but I forget its on otherwise haa haa

I won't watch hockey by myself, if the BF is home, then hockey is on and I watch it with him, but I forget its on otherwise haa haa

I give you points for that. When ever I watch hockey my girlfriend rolls her eyes and says, "watching hockey again???" Dont get me wrong, she likes hockey but when its hockey, hockey, hockey for 9 months out of the year she gets the point where she has had all the hockey she can take.
I think one of the reasons why she is so supportive of my golf is that shes just glad its something other than hockey. LOL

Toews is on fire! 5 pts, still a whole pd to play.

Congrats to the Flyers for staying alive in their series with Boston. I have a feeling they are only prolonging the inevidible though...
About the Hawks, fingers crossed and they are playing well but Im not going to count my chickens until the final buzzer sounds.

Wow, the Canucks got creamed!! The BF and I were actually watching the Blackhawks/Canucks game and when Jonathan Toews had a hat trick, I asked him how come no one was throwing hats onto the ice AND THEN I remembered the game was in Vancouver haa haa haa

1 more win for the Blackhawks...Blackhawks/Sharks hmmm...

you better watch tonite so the Red Wings can go away!

The wings are done and it's a great day in the neighborhood. That's just too bad!

I did watch and that's why the Sharks won, YAY!! Nailbiter at the end where the wings had an empty net for the extra man AND the sharks had a penalty, yikes!! Perhaps Sharks and Blackhawks? The Canucks haven't played since game 1 hah hah LOL!! :tongue:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

A couple good blocker whacks to the side of the head woulda kept you in check! :beat-up:

I preferred a good cup check and yes I did wear the tools ignorance for more then a few years. My only real claim to fame is the 156 PM's I rolled up my second year in jr you know something to make a Mom so proud. Played a fwe years for Terrible Ted and his comment about me years later was that I was the dirties twiners he ever saw. Now there is some high praise. When my oldest son went Jr the Ref in Chief had been a linesman at the end of my playing days in the "i". He pulled my son aside at one of his first games that he was monitoring the officials and said "Please tell me you're not as big an idiot as your Dad". He answered no way that's why I don't wear the pillows.

Last edited:
Looks like the 'Nucks arent quite ready to go away yet...

Back