NHL '09-'10 Season

Theres a lot of hockey left to be played, but if it ends up being Chicago vs Philly in the finals I thinks its going to be a short series where the Hawks take the Cup. The Flyers are a very good team, but they arent a great team and IMO they just dont have the firepower to compete with the Hawks.
Having said that, Im not ready to nail the coffin shut on the Habs or Sharks yet. The Flyers showed us that even if a team is down 3-0, the series still isnt over.

When Malkin was out due to injury in the middle of the season, Crosby went into a scoring slump. He went something like 6 or 8 games without scoring any goals. It wasnt until Malkin came back that Crosby started scoring goals again.
With Malkin out, the opposing team didnt have to worry about Pitt's other lines as much, so they could keep their best defenders on the ice when Crosby was on the ice and could essentially shut him down.
Crosby needs Malkin. If they trade Malkin, who are they going to get who will be better than Malkin and be willing to play 2nd fiddle to hockey's golden boy?

That shouldn't suggest that Malkin is the reason why Crosby has success, but actually, is a testament to how shallow Pitt's offense is. If they trade away Malkin, they have 9 million to work with... They could easily acquire a solid 5 million dollar winger for Cros, and probably add a prospect or two who can make their way up the ranks...

I'll never question that Malkin is a talent, I just think he's been caught being lazy this year.

That shouldn't suggest that Malkin is the reason why Crosby has success, but actually, is a testament to how shallow Pitt's offense is. If they trade away Malkin, they have 9 million to work with... They could easily acquire a solid 5 million dollar winger for Cros, and probably add a prospect or two who can make their way up the ranks...

I'll never question that Malkin is a talent, I just think he's been caught being lazy this year.

Which poses the question, whom would they get that would be as good as Malkin and have his big game experience? Its not as if there are all these great wingers sitting around just waiting for the phone to ring.

Montreal FINALLY scored hee hee :wink: Now, next step, they need to win a game :)

A great game all around a great game. It's not over till it's over.

uh-oh...I hope the usual choke artist philly team doesn't show up...

Which poses the question, whom would they get that would be as good as Malkin and have his big game experience? Its not as if there are all these great wingers sitting around just waiting for the phone to ring.

We'll take him in Columbus for Kristian Huselius!! Hell, we'll even throw in Andrew Murray! :popcorn:

A great game all around a great game. It's not over till it's over.

I've been pretty unimpressed by Philly's effort tonight, however, it's great to see MTL get back in this series regardless of how they do it..

I still think whichever of these two teams wins is in for a beating in the cup finals.

NHL '09-'10 Season

I've been pretty unimpressed by Philly's effort tonight, however, it's great to see MTL get back in this series regardless of how they do it..

I still think whichever of these two teams wins is in for a beating in the cup finals.

Chalk it up as a clunker game. Flyers still win in 6 but agree that the Cup Finals will be bad for the East

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalk it up as a clunker game. Flyers still win in 6 but agree that the Cup Finals will be bad for the East

I have quite a few friends who are Philly fans, and they all said that the team who played in last night's game was the uninterested regular season team that almost missed the playoffs... I have a feeling that fifth goal did a lot mor for Philly than it did for Montreal last night... I'll be shocked if they don't come out to play in the next game.

We'll take him in Columbus for Kristian Huselius!! Hell, we'll even throw in Andrew Murray! :popcorn:
Now the only question is why would the Pens want either of those guys???

Good win for the Habs last night. I have a feeling that Philly took winning the series for granted and a combination of lazy play by the Flyers and the Habs playing with a lot of fire, passion and pride caused that game.
As the announcers said last night, "this series is about to get really chippy!"

Good win for the Habs last night. I have a feeling that Philly took winning the series for granted and a combination of lazy play by the Flyers and the Habs playing with a lot of fire, passion and pride caused that game.
As the announcers said last night, "this series is about to get really chippy!"

Finally! And now the Sharks need to win now!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I just watched HBOs Documentary on the Broad Street Bullies. Holy crap, record that one if you get a chance.

Good game so far tonight.

Has been solid eh? I can't believe Hossa didn't bury that chance with the wide open net... I don't understand why Nabokov plays SO far out of his net all the time... I get cutting off the angle, but it's brutal on rebound control.

I just watched HBOs Documentary on the Broad Street Bullies. Holy crap, record that one if you get a chance.

The Bullies are classic hockey for sure, too bad the rules won't allow that kind of hockey anymore, old school is so much better.

The Bullies are classic hockey for sure, too bad the rules won't allow that kind of hockey anymore, old school is so much better.

Haha, it was insane watching that. I think the third man in rule killed that style but Bettmans instegator in the last 5 got rid of all of the good fights at the end of blowouts.

Haha, it was insane watching that. I think the third man in rule killed that style but Bettmans instegator in the last 5 got rid of all of the good fights at the end of blowouts.

Yeah, Bettman is an idiot. I don't want to say he ruined hockey, but I don't really know what he's done to HELP the sport!

For as much negative has been brought to Bettman, there is also a lot of positive..

While the rule changes have made the goal scoring easier, it has also brought more excitement to the non-hockey lover watching games. When you open the ice up and let the players skate without being obstructed, amazing goals and plays occur. Once you add on all the obstruction, the game slows down.

I do think the shootouts are stupid, however, I enjoy watching every single one of them (except for the ones my team is in).

The instigator needs to get scrapped in a big way, especially considering all of the cheap shots that are occurring around the league.

Like I said, he's got his negatives, but he's bringing interest back to the sport in ways that draw in new crowds, not just the same old same old.

Careful I played during those days and trust me it wasn't all that great either you need a middle ground. While the brawls kept some fans on the edge of their seats bench clearing dances were not much fun at all and caused the league large market share.

Outstanding game last night obviously not if you're a Shark fan but even in the loss it was a great game to watch.I am not really pulling for either team but have enjoyed all three games. Nappy looked tired on the winner seemed slow to follow from behind the net. I have a feeling that we are watching the cup final between the Hawks & Sharks as I don't think the the Flyer's nor the Hab's can go toe to toe with either club. I'm not calling for a sweep for the cup but i can't see the games being as good as last nights. On the note of Bettman I can't see anything he's done for the game worth a plug nickel his marketing is poor at best, discipline in the league with head shots a joke at best. If the game is going to grow he's got to go quickly.

Careful I played during those days and trust me it wasn't all that great either you need a middle ground. While the brawls kept some fans on the edge of their seats bench clearing dances were not much fun at all and caused the league large market share.
Haha, thats one of those better to watch then be involved in things. I think your right about the happy medium but it is complete opposite now. Like it or not, the fighting brought in a lot of casual fans too. Good thing the playoffs need none of that because they have been great so far.

Sharks/Hawks was a great game last night. It just sucks for the Sharks because they are playing good hockey and are still losing. As a Blackhawks fan though, Im OK with it. The Hawks are playing just a little bit better than the Sharks right now and thats why they are winning.
Tough loss for the Habs today. Its do or die time for them now!

Back