NHL '09-'10 Season

What a start to the Playoffs! All one-goal games so far.
Hopefully my Pens can turn things around, other than that I'm enjoying all the close endings/upsets.
How about Montreal completely shutting down Ovechkin!? I think they said that was the most playing time he's ever had in a game where he didn't record any shots.

That was awesome that Montreal won!! :clapp: whoohoo!! Penguins need to win :)

great stuff so far and PHX is an amazing story for sure. the league is running them and all the talk about moving them back to Canada and bam they take off on an incredible run to grab the #4 spot in the West! I hope they sweep Motown sick of seeing them. since me beloved Bolts missed the playoffs again I'm gonna jump on the Coyotes band wagon too!

Count me in on the Phoenix bandwagon.
I've always loved Bryzgalov, glad he got a solid starting role to show what he can do.
And I, too, am definitely sick of the Red Wings. They're not as good as they were in previous years though. Howard would need to get really hot if they're going to get back in the finals.

Have they announced that Andrew Alberts will be suspended yet? He should be for that hit on Richardson last night.

Alberts left his feet without a doubt but Richardson turned a little on the play. I would expect a suspension but nothing too long even though Alberts does have a history of leaving his feet.

Alberts left his feet without a doubt but Richardson turned a little on the play. I would expect a suspension but nothing too long even though Alberts does have a history of leaving his feet.

Im just bitter about losing.:act-up:
I thought the Kings played ok and that game could of gone either way. It seemed like they carried their bad forechecking into the playoffs though. Quick looked pretty good.

The Green men were cracking me up though.
4526046017_e93dc478b3.jpg

^ I was cracking up about the green guys too. :D

This Pens/Sens game is NASTY! I'm a little peeved that Sutton got away with that flying elbow, should have been a major&misconduct. Hopefully he'll get suspended (again).

^ I was cracking up about the green guys too. :D

This Pens/Sens game is NASTY! I'm a little peeved that Sutton got away with that flying elbow, should have been a major&misconduct. Hopefully he'll get suspended (again).

I am going to argue clean hit. His feet were clearly on the ice at impact, so it wasn't flying at all. He lead with the hip and I would say got first contact there. He is a huge man, and Leopold is not, so it looks worse because of the height difference. Leopold had his head WAY down and being a left shot he couldn't see him coming. His arms were up, but that is his height more than anything. That is how you should hit and it wasn't Sutton's fault Leopold was so low. I think it was a good non call by the refs and there shouldn't be any suspension.

I am going to argue clean hit. His feet were clearly on the ice at impact, so it wasn't flying at all. He lead with the hip and I would say got first contact there. He is a huge man, and Leopold is not, so it looks worse because of the height difference. Leopold had his head WAY down and being a left shot he couldn't see him coming. His arms were up, but that is his height more than anything. That is how you should hit and it wasn't Sutton's fault Leopold was so low. I think it was a good non call by the refs and there shouldn't be any suspension.
Being tall is no excuse for hitting guys in the head. It's not like it was an accident.
And, after further youtube inspection, he most certainly left his feet at impact.

Here's part of his post-game interview.
The guy is such an a-hole.

I'm going to have to side with Islander on this one and if look back I absolutely detest head shots it more or less put an end to my son's career. It was a clean hard hit I sure hope Leopold is OK. It isn't the first time he's been caught with his head down going north to south.

Still can't believe everyone is seeing this as clean, are my homer glasses that strong?
I'd be ok with a shoulder, but he launched himself upward elbow first.

It was pretty successful in lighting a stronger fire under the Pens, though. I think lack of hatred was the problem in game 1.

He did leave the ice, no question, but not until well after the hit. That is pretty common with hip checks. From my view he lead with the hip and made first contact with that. Once that contact was made Leopold went down further and got caught by the arms. That isn't Sutton's fault.

Also you should read this article before making judgments on Sutton on his mood before the interview.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/04/17/sutton_mendes/
Ian Mendes was there when the interview took place and paints a good picture about his mood before that LOADED horrible "question" was asked. I would have gotten pretty pissed if someone "asked" me a question like that.

And just to make it known, I am not a Sens fan.:act-up:

Wow, this Caps/Habs game is pretty awesome.
Spoiler
Caps just tied it at 4.

Wow, what a game. Now tied up 5-5

Oh Man, that was a game. I managed to get it in while Gasmam cleaned around me. The pucks about to drop with the Kings/ Canucks. Go Kings, they moved Simmonds up to the first line tonight.

Caps/Habs was total BS. Refs handed Washington that game.
First Ovechkin scores by pushing on Halak's pads while he had the puck frozen. Then, on the next Montreal rush, the Washington defense pushed the net off just before the Habs could shoot the puck into an open net (nothing called). Then, they call Hal Gill on an iffy interference. By that point, the crowd was going so nuts Montreal didn't stand a chance.
Maybe I'm making too much of it, but it seemed like officiating had a lot to do with turning momentum around in that game.

In other news, I'm really enjoying VAN/LA. I'm pulling for the Kings, I really like Jon Quick.
The green guys beside the penalty box are a little disappointing tonight, though. They haven't been doing anything too crazy.

In other news, I'm really enjoying VAN/LA. I'm pulling for the Kings, I really like Jon Quick.
The green guys beside the penalty box are a little disappointing tonight, though. They haven't been doing anything too crazy.

Holy carp that was a game tonight. I was kind of worried about scratching Williams but the Kopitar line looks a lot better with Simmonds. Clune is pretty awesome as well. These first two games have been pretty close so far. Im thinking it goes 7, im hoping for at least 6 because I have tickets for game 6.

Is it possible that the Preds will be the only team in the first round with a 2-0 lead?????

Well after three games in I think I missed my guess Phoenix is playing like the club with experience while the Wings look pretty sad. Howard is showing what a huge mistake Babcock made not giving Ozzy more playing time because the kid simply put has been brutal at an .825 save percentage in today's game. The Wings aren't out of it by any means but Howard better figure out how to control rebounds as well as how not to over commit. I'm not a big Wings fan even though I live in the Detroit area. It would be good for the Coyot's to go on and at least so far they deserve it. You have to love the hustle and energy Tippet has the Coyot's playing with, Bryzgalov has been giving the team a good back bone to play from.

Man, Craig Anderson is an absolute beast. Colorado seriously has a chance to win the cup if he keeps playing like he did tonight.

Man, Craig Anderson is an absolute beast. Colorado seriously has a chance to win the cup if he keeps playing like he did tonight.

He has been great all year, but has really stepped it up in the playoffs. :banana: Go Avs :act-up:

Poor Dan Boyle though. Though I want to see Col win, he was almost in tears in the post game interview.

Coyotes are 2-1 in the series and they'll play next in AZ!!! GO COYOTES :clapp:

Aww man, and I sold my Kings Home Game 1 tickets :crying:

Bye Bye MTL and Carey Price, hahaha One more game in Washington and its all over :act-up:

Back