Annnd we have live video of Vancouver losing their minds..

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/livenow?id=8193381

Man I'm watching it live here on the local news and its just sad. These people all need to get a life and they are making the city of Vancouver look terrible. There have been 4 cars now set on fire and the police have all their riot gear on, and now they have made a big pile of garbage that they are burning, covering the downtown core in a cloud of garbage smoke. These people need to get a life.

Man I'm watching it live here on the local news and its just sad. These people all need to get a life and they are making the city of Vancouver look terrible. There have been 4 cars now set on fire and the police have all their riot gear on, and now they have made a big pile of garbage that they are burning, covering the downtown core in a cloud of garbage smoke. These people need to get a life.

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing.. As a Canadian living in the USA, you can't even imagine how much I'll be associated with those people over the next few days.. It makes the game of hockey and Canada look terrible. Glad to hear you're watching and not partaking dude!

I can start looking towards next year and see who the Wild choose for their new head coach.

It's a mistake if they don't give Mike Yeo the job, they can't let him out of their system. Another mistake if they don't let Yeo bring Sydor with him, they make a good team behind the bench.

Congrats to all the Bruins fans!

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing.. As a Canadian living in the USA, you can't even imagine how much I'll be associated with those people over the next few days.. It makes the game of hockey and Canada look terrible. Glad to hear you're watching and not partaking dude!

Yeah thanks for rioting you hoser.

Tap tap taparoo

Congrats to all of you Boston fans. That city has had a number of titles in the last 10 years. Must be nice.

Congrats to all of you Boston fans. That city has had a number of titles in the last 10 years. Must be nice.

Yeah I know. It makes me sick..lol

Congrats to Boston a well played game and series, to start two down and to come back to win in 7, well done. Tisk tisk on Nucks fans, the rioting is a joke. I'm a die hard hockey fan, but would never think about rioting and burning cars. Also as a funny side note, I did like the booing of gary bet, and then the applause for the boston players, very classy!

Yeah, I am thinking they need to reconsider who hands out the trophy haha.. Bettman has a trail of hate following him.

And that was disgusting by a select few Canucks fans. I don't understand why people feel the need to do any of that.

Congrats to Boston a well played game and series, to start two down and to come back to win in 7, well done. Tisk tisk on Nucks fans, the rioting is a joke. I'm a die hard hockey fan, but would never think about rioting and burning cars. Also as a funny side note, I did like the booing of gary bet, and then the applause for the boston players, very classy!

It really is time that Buttman lets someone else hand over the cup. Maybe last year's winning team's captain? Maybe one of that franchise's all time greats or something. But to have him up there and being booed is unecessary.

Yeah so were the people who were throwing cups of beer and things on the ice after the game. Nothing like having to skate through a puddle of beer to go collect the Stanley Cup.

The Vancouver Police Chief thinks the rioting was caused by criminals and anarchists disguised at Canucks fans.

Interesting article...I think he's just trying to get the city to look a little better.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/06/16/canada.riots/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- Hours after a crushing Stanley Cup defeat at the hands of the Boston Bruins, Vancouver residents on Thursday were trying to come to terms with the reasons their city had again exploded in riots.

"It's totally unlike Vancouver," said Jennifer Richie, bar manager at the Wicklow Public House bar and restaurant. "Just too many people had too much to drink."

She said fire and smoke billowed in and around adjoining neighborhoods near Rogers Arena, where hundreds of angry hockey fans rampaged after the loss.

"I'm a little ashamed to live in Vancouver right now."

The incident echoed a 1994 Vancouver riot after a Stanley Cup loss to the New York Rangers, which caused widespread damage that resulted in hundreds of arrests.

Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chu is blaming "criminals and anarchists" who, he said, disguised themselves as Canucks fans for the riots.

"These were people who came equipped with masks, goggles and gasoline, even fire extinguishers that they would use as weapons," Chu said of Wednesday night's melee.

Nearly 100 people were arrested, according to Deputy Mayor Raymond Louie. Fifteen vehicles were damaged after the home team lost the hockey championship to the Boston Bruins.

"We have more than 100 tips that include video and photographs of the individuals involved in the riot," Louie said Thursday. "We will investigate and prosecute individuals involved in last night's activities. They do not represent Vancouver, and we thank the people that came out this morning to help clean the streets."

Among unofficial Facebook pages set up after the violence was one soliciting cleanup help and another asking readers to report riot "morons."

One city restaurant manager called the turmoil "disappointing."

"I'm proud to be from Vancouver," said Courtney Rose, manager of the Boat House restaurant. "I've grown up thinking we are a peaceful city in western Canada, not the kind of people who destroy property and fight with police in the streets."

Rose said she and other residents avoided downtown parts of the city after smelling tear gas in areas surrounding the arena.

Public transportation was also restricted during the riot, she said, which temporarily prevented residents from entering parts of the city.

The melee began after the Bruins won their first NHL championship in 39 years, trouncing the Vancouver Canucks 4-0 Wednesday night.

"It's absolutely disgraceful and shameful," Mayor Gregor Robertson told CNN affiliate CTV. "It by no means represents the city of Vancouver."

He called the rioters "despicable" after hundreds of mostly young people took to the streets and set overturned vehicles ablaze.

Some disappointed fans and rioters stopped and posed in front of the flames. Others danced atop an overturned vehicle as a cloud of gray smoke hung over downtown.

Aerial footage showed city police wading into the unruly crowd that taunted and threw debris at the officers a few blocks from arena.

After dropping the first two games in Vancouver, the Bruins took four of the last five games from the Canucks, who struggled to stay in Game Seven after going down 1-0 in the first period.

It wouldn't shock me if it were true either though. Canadians are well aware of this style of rioting (see: Montreal Canadiens post game celebrations) and could have very well taken advantage of the situation.

Thanks fellas. We've been fortunate as of late.

I was worried that some of the fans here in Boston would do a "Vancouver", but fortunately that didn't happen. Frankly, I was shocked at what happened in Vancouver. I've been to that city a number of times, as well as a lot of other places in Canada (in addition to having family in Nova Scotia), and I just didn't see that coming from Canadians.

Only a select few Sean!! That group of jackwads make up only about 0.000000000001% of the country.

Also, at what point does it become boring to be a sports fan in Boston haha?

I raise an interesting topic: When was the last time a major sports team lost and this didnt happen in a sport that people actually care about?

It happens with football and baseball.

Biggsy:

While some of the rioting was idiot fans there were a large number of people who are known to Police here who came to the even simply to start fires, shoot people, etc. Black box protesters they're known as in the city because they like to leave black boxes that explode in buildings. They were at work hard during the Olympics and ended up doing it again. Were they on their own? Nope. Were people really stupid to join them? Yes. Is their a reasonable explination that people rioting have a gas mask with them? Nope and those were the worst.

It was not a pleasant night at the Tuna household last night given we live right in the midst of all that crap. Unpleasant night indeed...

Meanwhile I love the out pouring of community spirit today from the true people of Vancouver. There were so many volunteers down here today to help clean, sweep up glass, start repairs, etc that the city had to start turning them away because there wasn't enough work for everyone.

Last night made me sick and fearful for my friends and family. This morning showed what this city is really like.

I'd still rather live in Vancouver than just about any city in America personally. Absolutely great city.

Only a select few Sean!! That group of jackwads make up only about 0.000000000001% of the country.

Unfortunately Canadan that's what the media covers.

As to your last question...Never! :)

The morning after I was watching the news and was apalled at their coverage. They lead off with rioting and said that Vancouver lost the game and then showed 1 highlight and didnt even show Chara raising the cup. They spent 5 minutes on riot stuff and about 10 seconds on actual game coverage.

Tap tap taparoo

Sportsnet.ca is reporting Nicklas Lidstrom will return to the Red Wings for the upcoming season. I can hear the sigh of relief coming from Detroit all the way in NJ.

Sportsnet.ca is reporting Nicklas Lidstrom will return to the Red Wings for the upcoming season. I can hear the sigh of relief coming from Detroit all the way in NJ.

Great to see one of the all time greatest d-men back for another shot at the holy grail!

Great to see one of the all time greatest d-men back for another shot at the holy grail!

I'm curious as to how much he takes off the Detroit cap.

I can't believe there is talk of raising the cap to 64 million.. Going to be music to a couple teams ears..

Habs signed Patches to a 2 year extension as well today. Hope to see the d corps recover from injuries that derailed their chances. Crossing my fingers that Markov will finally have a healthy season and return back to form.

Back