I'm curious as to how much he takes off the Detroit cap.

I can't believe there is talk of raising the cap to 64 million.. Going to be music to a couple teams ears..

$6.2 mil I believe is the salary. Same as last season.

Cap is crazy. Getting to the point where there is almost no pint in having one. Ceiling going up is great for the big spenders and those wondering how they are going to keep all of their big names, but not so good for the smaller market teams. Could contribute to the Coyotes collapsing sooner than later. But I don't mind a team or 2 folding and heading to the great white north. :clapp:

I can't believe there is talk of raising the cap to 64 million.. Going to be music to a couple teams ears..

If that happens, all of the current percentages of the cap should be eld to the players and they should still get paid the same percentage of total cap. Or else this fa pool will be overpaid by a mile because there's more cap and this fa pool this year is SHALLOW!

If that happens, all of the current percentages of the cap should be eld to the players and they should still get paid the same percentage of total cap. Or else this fa pool will be overpaid by a mile because there's more cap and this fa pool this year is SHALLOW!

Smart teams won't go after big free agents but re-invest the extra cap space in good young players that are due to be resigned. If percentages increase you'e just hurting young players and in the end the teams that developed them and couldn't afford them once their rookie deals expire

I keep reading things on Jagrs return to the NHL, I have a hard time believing he'll be able to hang.

After watching the NHL Awards, I REALLY wish that the presenters and maybe even the host knew about the game. I mean, mispronouncing Yzerman and Lidstrom. Do they even rehearse? Why not get the players, ex players, coaches, GM's, or even better, announcers and sports writers to present the awards. Having celebs is fine and all, but I find that they actually take away from it all, not add. I miss Ron MacLean hosting to be honest.

I was happy with the choices for the awards. A bit surprised that Perry got the Heart, but he did have a monster season.

Looking forward to the draft. Interested to see if any teams try to trade up and down and make some big trades.

MVPerry!!!

Reports have Jeff Carter being traded to Columbus for Jakub Voracek and 2 picks! Pretty big deal! In other news, Calgary are asking Robyn Regehr to waive his no trade.

The deal is Voracek, the 8th pick, and a third rounder for Carter.. As a Jackets fan, I am RIDICULOUSLY excited.

Crazy good deal for the Jackets!!! Actually, works well both ways. A solid trade for both teams. Voracek played junior for the Mooseheads 5 hours from me and played my hometown team quite a bit. He was crazy talented. Jackets have quite the 1-2 punch now with Nash and Carter.

Crazy good deal for the Jackets!!! Actually, works well both ways. A solid trade for both teams. Voracek played junior for the Mooseheads 5 hours from me and played my hometown team quite a bit. He was crazy talented. Jackets have quite the 1-2 punch now with Nash and Carter.

Yeah I loved Voracek but he couldn't seem to take it to the next level. They give up basically a meaningless first rounder (at least as far as the team structure is concerned) in a weak draft for a top center who can score 30 goals easy. Fills SUCH a huge gap. Plus, it might convince Upshall to stick around for another year or two at a reasonable price.

Mike Richards was also just traded for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

Also, they just reported that Mike Richards is being dealt to LA for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds....

I can't believe they just dealt away Carter/Richards within a half hour of each other.

Mind = blown

Also, they just reported that Mike Richards is being dealt to LA for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds....

I can't believe they just dealt away Carter/Richards within a half hour of each other.

Mind = blown

Flyers are blowing it up!!! WOW! I never thought they would begin with the core of their team. Carter and Richards are guys you build around, not ship outta town!!! This is insane!!! I literally cannot believe this!

Wonder where Briere is going?

Great responses from Nash, Umberger, Upshall, and Brassard already regarding Carter.. All they need to do is deal away that trainwreck Huselius and get a couple defensemen and they'll have a legit shot this coming year. I can't believe they have a number 1 center!

ugggghhh, hockey talk, back to sleep I go lol

I can't believe they would do that, I thought he was the captain of the future for them, WOW!!! Two great young guns on the other end, if this is a taste of things to come I hope this offseason is quite interesting!

I cannot believe the Flyers would trade Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. The Flyers are reported to want to sign Bryzgalov to a nine year $51 million contract.
I understand they had to unload one of them for cap reasons if they wanted Bryzgalov, but both.

I cannot believe the Flyers would trade Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. The Flyers are reported to want to sign Bryzgalov to a nine year $51 million contract.
I understand they had to unload one of them for cap reasons if they wanted Bryzgalov, but both.

Bryz is a done deal. 9years @ $51 million.

Looks like Bobrovsky is officially off the case.

A couple TSN guys said it's a done deal. 5.67 million cap hit.

It's barely even a cap move to deal Richards/Carter. Schenn has a hit of 3.1 per.. Simmonds is un-signed but will likely get over 2 mill and Voracek is also un-signed, likely to get around 2 million. Just.. craziness.

From what I understand, Carter/Richards still didn't buy into the work ethic thing that Pronger and some of the others were preaching. I think this is more of a chemistry shake up rather then a skill set problem.

Richards is going to be interesting in LA. If he wants to work for it he'll be a super star there. If he doesn't, Ryan Smith will bury his head so far up you know where it'll never come out.

Nash must be super happy to have a proven centerman to play with. I wonder if Toronto made a pitch for Carter again? Burke is huge on the guy and almost dealt Kaberle for him 2 years ago (Kabs wouldn't waive his NTC for Philly though).

Nash must be super happy to have a proven centerman to play with. I wonder if Toronto made a pitch for Carter again? Burke is huge on the guy and almost dealt Kaberle for him 2 years ago (Kabs wouldn't waive his NTC for Philly though).

The hockey analysts said Philly wanted Kadri and Kulemin but the Leafs wouldn't budge.

Back