I'll be curious to see what type of hoopla they create when they announce before their pick!!!

Seeing as it is in Minnesota, I would hazard a guess and say not too much. In Manitoba, absolute bedlam! The Jets are now my second favourite team. I am moving to Manitoba in August to begin my teaching career so it works out well. Always wanted a Western Conference team to cheer on and now I have one. Still going for the Canadiens in the season opener though. lol

Nugent Hopkins didn't surprise me.. I thought Landeskog was a strange pick for Colorado..

Great standing "O" for Boogie as NYR announce their pick.

My new Winnipeg Jets pick Mark Scheifele with the 7th overall pick and my Montreal Canadiens take Nathan Beaulieu with the 17th overall pick. Happy with the choices, but really would have liked to see Sean Couturier or Dougie Hamilton taken by the Jets. Only time will tell.

I liked the avs picks so far, still doesn't replace what we lost or traded away, but youth is never a bad thing! That is speaking from outside the playoffs.

I liked the avs picks so far, still doesn't replace what we lost or traded away, but youth is never a bad thing! That is speaking from outside the playoffs.

That's why I thought the Landeskog pick was weird.. He's probably the most NHL ready of the bunch, but his ceiling appears to be quite a bit lower than a handful of the guys taken around him.

That's why I thought the Landeskog pick was weird.. He's probably the most NHL ready of the bunch, but his ceiling appears to be quite a bit lower than a handful of the guys taken around him.

Need his salary on the books to get to the cap floor perhaps?

The Liles trade was also strange.

Greg Sherman is either a genious with a master plan or isn't quite sure of his route except to keep costs low until a superstar falls in his lap

Need his salary on the books to get to the cap floor perhaps?

The Liles trade was also strange.

Greg Sherman is either a genious with a master plan or isn't quite sure of his route except to keep costs low until a superstar falls in his lap

haha great call! One more big name dealt out of town and they'll NEVER get above the floor!!

I think it was a 2012 second rounder too.. Really didn't get it.. I thought Liles was worth quite a bit more.

Fitting to see Winnipeg go with the Jets for their mascot! Good Luck to them.

Fitting to see Winnipeg go with the Jets for their mascot! Good Luck to them.

Anything less and the Vancouver riots would have seemed like an episode of Barney and Friends.

So glad to see them back!

winnipeg_jets_1992.gif

A: Leafs adding Dudley to their management team is brilliant. He's amazing at scouting out good, young talent and getting them to grow with the team

B: Buffalo is insane. I get wanting Regher for their blue line but to take Kotalik as well? Eww.

C: Calgary is also insane. 5 years at 3.5 for Tanguay when he's already 31 is odd. I wonder how front loaded the contract is with money as I can't see him around in 5 years being a 60 to 70 pointer

More interesting moves

A: Didn't think Brower was worth a 1st round pick, though it was a weak draft year. I guess the Caps think Brooks is gone?
B: Sharks sign Setoguchi to a 3 year deal then trade him 3 days later is odd. However adding Burns to their lineup makes their defense MUCH better if he's past his consussion problems
C: Interesting that Campbell was willing to waive his NTC to go from Chicago to Flordia. Major loyal to Tallon I guess since he's going from a contender to a rebuilder
D: Nice to see Smyth heading back to Edmonton. I assume to show Hall et all what it means to be an Oiler

Have to say between Campbell, Richards and Carter I guess there's no such thing as an untradable contract anymore if the GM's are willing to be creative.

It certainly solidifies the need for players to demand a NTC, that's for sure..

- I love how much of a chubby Tallon/Campbell have for each other.. I also love how badly below the cap floor that team is..
- The Burns trade was definitely in favor of Minnesota, with the amount of talent that went back to them. That said, Burns could be a definitive savour on that Sharks squad.

Sad to read that, Paul Kariya is retiring from NHL because of post-concussion symptoms.

I always enjoyed watching him play.

Erhoff wanted nothing to do with the Islanders, will be going to UFA..

Wizniewski's rights traded to Columbus, which is awesome! He would be fantastic for them.

Sad to read that, Paul Kariya is retiring from NHL because of post-concussion symptoms.

I always enjoyed watching him play.

+1, very sad, I remember watching him with the Ducks and the old school jerseys, also his appearance in Mighty Ducks III was epic!

should help win the cup if he has a good attitude

No doubt. His history in the city should play a large role on his probable success. As a Habs fan, I want the youth movement to continue. Happy to see Hamrlik walking and with their #1 pick this year being close, if not NHL ready, the blue line should be solid for years to come.

Hope Crosby will be in good health to start the year and doesn't have any setbacks over the summer. I actually used to play against him and he was always a phenomenal talent!

I'm still not sure about Jagr. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where his head is. Definitely could help on the PP, if nothing else. I at least hope we hear something soon, they said a decision would be made yesterday...

Back