I can't believe there would be a work ethic problem with Richards! I would expect the exact opposite with him! I wonder when Philly will be a contender again. I believe they took themselves out of the talks for a year or two with these moves.

You guys see the new Predators jerseys?

Spoiler
jY86Z.jpg

Spoiler
Ve2Lx.jpg

I actually like them.. Tired of the same colours throughout the league.

Boston Bruins on line 4......something about similar colors?

Spoiler
jY86Z.jpg

Spoiler
Ve2Lx.jpg

Evidently the Flyers only wanted to move Carter but the deal for Richards was too hard to pass up

I cannot believe the Flyers would trade Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. The Flyers are reported to want to sign Bryzgalov to a nine year $51 million contract.
I understand they had to unload one of them for cap reasons if they wanted Bryzgalov, but both.

Bingo! Plus the Flyers got rid of 19 years worth of long term contract that would've sucked in about 5 years or so

From what I understand, Carter/Richards still didn't buy into the work ethic thing that Pronger and some of the others were preaching. I think this is more of a chemistry shake up rather then a skill set problem.

Richards is going to be interesting in LA. If he wants to work for it he'll be a super star there. If he doesn't, Ryan Smith will bury his head so far up you know where it'll never come out.

Nash must be super happy to have a proven centerman to play with. I wonder if Toronto made a pitch for Carter again? Burke is huge on the guy and almost dealt Kaberle for him 2 years ago (Kabs wouldn't waive his NTC for Philly though).

Boston Bruins on line 4......something about similar colors?

Boston is more white/black, uses a different jersey cut, and in the East.

I saw some potential options for NSH last year and they were the same dark blue/white combo that probably 5-10 other teams league wide use.

Obviously all teams can't have their own colour, I just like seeing it spread out a bit.

Spoiler
jY86Z.jpg

Spoiler
Ve2Lx.jpg

Almost looks like a practice jersey from the front. Not the biggest fan.

Bingo! Plus the Flyers got rid of 19 years worth of long term contract that would've sucked in about 5 years or so

Are they not two of the league's top players? I don't mean to punch holes in your argument, and they certainly got great return, but at just over 5 million, their deals are awesome.

Though, I DO like trying to change things up colour wise.

Also, I really wish the NHL would go back to white jerseys at home.

Are they not two of the league's top players? I don't mean to punch holes in your argument, and they certainly got great return, but at just over 5 million, their deals are awesome.

+100. I guess they had to sacrifice a LOT to get a decent, proven tender for the playoffs. Too bad they aren't going to do anything in the playoffs now...

Though, I DO like trying to change things up colour wise.

Also, I really wish the NHL would go back to white jerseys at home.

I would LOVE that. I still don't get why they decided to change it. It's stupid.

Also, at least the Preds didn't go for that ridiculous goldy/mustard colour again.

+100. I guess they had to sacrifice a LOT to get a decent, proven tender for the playoffs. Too bad they aren't going to do anything in the playoffs now...

I am not even sure they got much cap relief. Voracek will likely shoot for 3 mill, and I am certain Simmonds will do the same. Schenn isn't even an NHLer and his cap hit is 3.1 million.. I don't know a lot about Philly's top 6 structure, but I now think they are less talented but much deeper for the short run. Schenn is a talent for sure, but I still think they would be lucky if he ended up being as good as Richards is.

Also on Columbus' end this is enormous. I was hoping they'd throw a big number ~7.8 at B.Richards, and I don't think Carter is that much of a downgrade. He's also younger and comes at 2.5 million less. If Howson can get a couple defenders I'll be blowing up the NHL 11/12 thread with optimism haha!

Only two jerseys that were worse in NHL history...
#2:
7333d1290975589t-ugliest-jersey-ever-fishstick_islanders-jpg

#1 (by a long shot)
anaheim-mighty-ducks-jersey1.jpg

Still gives me shivers!

LOL not even close

I never saw that blues jersey before! I threw up in my mouth a bit. Wow! Imagine the people that were canned after coming out with these jerseys!

LOL not even close

haha were they when they were on the Flyers roster?

NHL goals leaders since 2008-09:
1. Ovechkin (203),
2. Kovalchuk (167),
3. Iginla (160),
4. Heatley (145),
5. Carter (144),
6. Nash (143).

Yeah, I'd say that's worth an underachieving winger and a couple draft picks!

They may not be the best as in Crosby and Ovechkin, but Richards is a proven leader and an Olympian and Carter has averaged over 38 goals the past 3 years. Both players have proven they can put up a point per game through a season. While they will not touch any of Gretzky's records, they are stars in the league today.

answer is still no. they always disappeared in playoff games, were mutts in practice, and not liked by any veterans who played with them.

people always overvalue young and cheap talent. if they were THAT good then they would not have been moved. but as I said before, this was about chemistry and not skill

haha were they when they were on the Flyers roster?

Yeah, I'd say that's worth an underachieving winger and a couple draft picks!

They may not be the best as in Crosby and Ovechkin, but Richards is a proven leader and an Olympian and Carter has averaged over 38 goals the past 3 years. Both players have proven they can put up a point per game through a season. While they will not touch any of Gretzky's records, they are stars in the league today.

That's a great point. And while they may not be directly comparable to Ovi or Sid, neither are their cap hits. Again looking at it from Columbus' perspective, they were having to overpay just to get older, mediocre talents (like Huselius and his ridiculously high 4.75 million cap hit). Now, they've got a legit top line center who can bury big time, at a price LESS than what he would have signed for on the open market.

Gretzky was that good and was traded. Anyone can be traded. By any chance are you a disgruntled Flyers fan Hanks? lol

answer is still no. they always disappeared in playoff games, were mutts in practice, and not liked by any veterans who played with them.

people always overvalue young and cheap talent. if they were THAT good then they would not have been moved. but as I said before, this was about chemistry and not skill

Maybe the change in scenery and leadership will help Carter get over the practice thing.

And frankly, as a CBJ fan, the fact that 'playoffs' is even mentioned is good news for the fans of this team haha

not at all. In fact I'm not even a hockey fan, just a sports fan. Look, I know people don't want to have someone knock the new kid in town because they're on 'their team' now but lets be real.

Gretzky was traded for a whole different reason. $$$$ As in he wanted a ton of it, Edmonton couldn't afford him, and LA needed him to establish the franchise and to ....wait for it....make $$$$

Gretzky was that good and was traded. Anyone can be traded. By any chance are you a disgruntled Flyers fan Hanks? lol

I am not a Jackets fan at all. As a Habs fan I would absolutely love to have a Carter or Richards on my team.

In other news, looks like the Jets are back!!! Thank God!

In other news, looks like the Jets are back!!! Thank God!

I'll be curious to see what type of hoopla they create when they announce before their pick!!!

Back