NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with this entirely.
Brown is simply Burrows without the french accent. I can't believe how much people dislike Burrows but are fine with Brown. (I like neither) And Carter deserved to rot in Toronto for the next decade instead of winning the cup. The lesson here? Whine about not getting your way, pout it all the way to the bank and end up both rich and victorious.

That being said, LA deserved this. I'm super happy for the organization and very, very happy that Mitchell won the cup along with Gagne. I also love how the whole Kings team acknowledge the Old Man of the team and made sure he got the Cup immediately after Brown hoisted it. It's was funny watching them look for him in the crowd and shove him up there.

Honestly, I'm also glad that the team staff got it to. Robitaille as president getting this is awesome. Hrudy choking up on HNIC was pretty cool. Lombardi and Sutter getting the cup together finally that they deserved in SJ was equally fantastic.

Way to go LA.

An excellent run by the Devils lets not forget. I honestly thought the Panthers had a chance to outst them in Rd1 and they almost did. However the Devil's branded steel came out and they played a heck of a playoffs. Hats off to them!

Every team has their "hated" players. Burrows is hated more so than Brownie is because 1. He's an idiot. 2. He plays with 2 other idiots on that team. LaPierre and Kesler. Oh, add Kassian to that list now.

Every team has their "hated" players. Burrows is hated more so than Brownie is because 1. He's an idiot. 2. He plays with 2 other idiots on that team. LaPierre and Kesler. Oh, add Kassian to that list now.

1: Brown is equally an idiot
2: Can't argue with that. I loathe this Cancuck's team. Which for the record, isn't a popular opinion in this city these days heh.

2: Can't argue with that. I loathe this Cancuck's team. Which for the record, isn't a popular opinion in this city these days heh.

I made the mistake of Tweeting about how fans were treating Luongo and how I thought it was a little classless and that Luongo deserved a little better. Longest evening of my Twitter life. I have angered some folks politically from time to time, but people just started showing up, lambasting me for sticking up for Luongo. I was like, HOLY HELL people! Chill!

Oh I agree. Brown is an idiot as well. But he leads with example in other parts of his game.

I made the mistake of Tweeting about how fans were treating Luongo and how I thought it was a little classless and that Luongo deserved a little better. Longest evening of my Twitter life. I have angered some folks politically from time to time, but people just started showing up, lambasting me for sticking up for Luongo. I was like, HOLY HELL people! Chill!

Should have sent them to me..haha

Oh my yes. The way he's been treated here is just plain awful frankly. If he were himself, Roy, Broduer and Plante rolled together he still wouldn't be good enough. Guys here are clamouring for Schediner to play. We'll see what they think by Xmas next year if Lou goes in the offseason. I suspect there will be a different tune going on.

Too much "corporate"ness surrounding the team with people who don't know the game at all and unlike most places, scream more loudly then in most other cities.

I lost all respect for Luongo after last year's Final after he made his stupid comment. "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint, It's an easy save for me". For that, I hope Vancouver keeps him and trade Schneider. No one would take Luo's huge overrated contract anyway.

This was 2011 P.D. (Pre-Dev) Twitter feed. LOL. Your Twitter feed on game night kills me.

I aim to amuse. Most of what I say is just for fun. Most.... hahah

Oh my yes. The way he's been treated here is just plain awful frankly. If he were himself, Roy, Broduer and Plante rolled together he still wouldn't be good enough. Guys here are clamouring for Schediner to play. We'll see what they think by Xmas next year if Lou goes in the offseason. I suspect there will be a different tune going on.

Too much "corporate"ness surrounding the team with people who don't know the game at all and unlike most places, scream more loudly then in most other cities.

It was bad and generally I don't pay much attention to stuff like that, but I just happen to be watching a Canucks game and Luongo was really struggling, and I think if the fans could have charged the ice and drug him out of the arena by his mask and paddle, they would have. I felt horrible for the guy. It's weird watching how fans in other cities react to their stars struggling. I couldn't imagine St. Louis booing Brett Hull out of the arena in the late 80's, early 90's because he was in a goalless drought. Or even recently, booing Pujols mercilessly because he was mired in a slump. Pre-Pujols Anahiem, of course. I of course am no Canucks fan and don't know the region or the pulse of the fan base, but from the outside looking in, Luongo is a major reason why the Canucks are and have been relevant for a very long time now and I think its sad the fans don't see that and appreciate it.

I lost all respect for Luongo after last year's Final after he made his stupid comment. "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint, It's an easy save for me". For that, I hope Vancouver keeps him and trade Schneider. No one would take Luo's huge overrated contract anyway.

I doubt that, especially with the sucky goalie free agency market. I suspect Lou will be moved around draft day along with a number of other trades (see Thomas for a team that needs to get to the floor).

I doubt that, especially with the sucky goalie free agency market. I suspect Lou will be moved around draft day along with a number of other trades (see Thomas for a team that needs to get to the floor).

I only see Panthers and the Leafs. No one else. Even those would hesistate to get him since the asking price will be crazy.

YAY! The playoffs are finally over June 11th. Good god NHL, do something about that.

I only see Panthers and the Leafs. No one else. Even those would hesistate to get him since the asking price will be crazy.

Plus Columbus, Tampa, Islanders, Edmonton and Chicago

Plus Columbus, Tampa, Islanders, Edmonton and Chicago

Rebuilding, Capped, Nabakov (plus they don't want another huge goalie contract), wouldn't trade away their talent and Crawford.

YAY! The playoffs are finally over June 11th. Good god NHL, do something about that.

People that say things like this, only say it when there team was knocked out long ago..haha

My day has been drenched in sadness. Feels like I've been dumped.

People that say things like this, only say it when there team was knocked out long ago..haha

I would agree normally, but I have no problem watching anyone. As a Leafs fan you get use to watching other teams play. Just that its mid June and training camps start back up in September. Just not enough of a break.

Rebuilding, Capped, Nabakov (plus they don't want another huge goalie contract), wouldn't trade away their talent and Crawford.

Need a goalie to go along with the decent defense. They'll be interested somewaht

Not really with all the contracts coming off the books. They could swing it

Nabakov is a UFA and I seriously doubt will be going back there after they killed his Detroit dream

Probably would, just not their elite talent. I bet you could swing Ballard+Lou for Whitney and something and work it out.

Crawford was garbage and the reason why the Hawk's season went on the skids according to their management. Plus the coach doesn't like him and wants a different goalie. Long term, I don't see that working out.

I would agree normally, but I have no problem watching anyone. As a Leafs fan you get use to watching other teams play. Just that its mid June and training camps start back up in September. Just not enough of a break.

Lets file this in the ThingsLeafsFansSay category..haha

Lets file this in the ThingsLeafsFansSay category..haha

haha take it as you will. I had a Bruins fan agreeing with me last year during the Cup final, so not the only one. Though I guess in the States you don't deal with sports networks doing 24/7 NHL shows during the playoffs.

I honestly thought the NHL playoffs felt like they moved along quite good, and as a hockey fan I want to keep it around as long as possible!!!

I honestly thought the NHL playoffs felt like they moved along quite good, and as a hockey fan I want to keep it around as long as possible!!!

Use to play 12 months a year, I guess it's just the media here shoving it down our throats 24/7 that makes it annoying.

Use to play 12 months a year, I guess it's just the media here shoving it down our throats 24/7 that makes it annoying.

I wouldn't know what that's like, around here they don't talk hockey at all so we can never get enough!

LOL the knowledge of some people and the things they say about the Canucks blow me away haha. Loving the stupidity

Burrows isn't a leader? Are you in the dressing room? No

Kesler? Prob biggest leader in the NHL..

No one wants Luongo? I could see 6-8 teams wanting him

I will admit they have chirped and semi dived (every team does though) for 2-4 seasons, but this year they were one of the top most respectful teams in the league they never celebrated after scoring goals by going by the other teams bench cheering or slapping high fives they went straight into the bench and got ready to play. I wonder if some people watch hockey or just sports center in the morning.. I also think thats why they lost against the Kings they went back to there old ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back