NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That argument beats any other word anyone says though.

In the modern era, not really.

The Habs have not been a great team as of late. It's not about the past in sports.

Malkin. James Neal. Awesome!!!

Steel Tappin'

Allow me to make a similar comparison...

David Duval = best ever.

Poor comparison. The Penguins have won three championships in the last 21 years and they're a legit contender every year these days.

The Habs?

Allow me to make a similar comparison.

Habs = Bobby Jones.

Steel Tappin'

Boy oh boy I hope the Pens get Crosby back soon. I hate to see them struggling, and it's exacerbated by the fact that I live with a Devils fan. Grrr.

LOL... is it just me but does anyone miss the California Golden Seals? LOL

I'm a Leafs fan but the one team that is under the radar is the Sens.. and it pains me to say as much.

Alex

Boy oh boy I hope the Pens get Crosby back soon. I hate to see them struggling, and it's exacerbated by the fact that I live with a Devils fan. Grrr.

They've won three in a row!

Steel Tappin'

Big game against the Rangers tonight. Would be a huge push in momentum.

On another note, it looks like we'll see a Detroit v. Toronto Winter Classic next season at Michigan Stadium. The Big House!! Should be quite a television spectacle but it's suck to be in the upper levels for that one, haha.

Big game against the Rangers tonight. Would be a huge push in momentum.

On another note, it looks like we'll see a Detroit v. Toronto Winter Classic next season at Michigan Stadium. The Big House!! Should be quite a television spectacle but it's suck to be in the upper levels for that one, haha.
That is going to be an amazing Winter Classic, I'm not a fan of either team but would love to see a hockey game in that stadium!

Poor comparison. The Penguins have won three championships in the last 21 years and they're a legit contender every year these days.

The Habs?

Allow me to make a similar comparison.

Habs = Bobby Jones.

Steel Tappin'

Penguins aren't best ever. Neither is Duval. Thus, valid comparison.

And don't get me started on "the forgotten/ignored years" of Pens history. You know, the ones between your second and third cup. The Pens have a good healthy franchise now and for years to come, but pre-Crosby it wasn't all roses for many years.

Pens with a really solid win over the Rangers tonight. Looking good as of late.

Penguins aren't best ever. Neither is Duval. Thus, valid comparison.

And don't get me started on "the forgotten/ignored years" of Pens history. You know, the ones between your second and third cup. The Pens have a good healthy franchise now and for years to come, but pre-Crosby it wasn't all roses for many years.

The Penguins had four bad seasons. They were a perennial playoff team during the entire 1990's. So, they didn't exactly go through a couple decades of futility of anything. Remember some guys named Mario, Jagr, Kovalev, etc.? They weren't too bad in the 90's and early 2000's.

Regardless, huge win tonight. They looked great. Malkin is playing the best hockey in the league right now.

Steel Tappin'

Unfortunately, i'm a Sabres fan. I have no idea why they are playing so bad.:banghead:

Actually, it's a real possibility that if they hadn't won the Sidney Crosby draft lottery there would be no Pittsburgh Penguins today. I think the franchise may very well have been sold and moved.

Actually, it's a real possibility that if they hadn't won the Sidney Crosby draft lottery there would be no Pittsburgh Penguins today. I think the franchise may very well have been sold and moved.

But they did, so they there still is. Now if Sid could just get back on the ice...

Jaro Halak is about to pitch another shutout for my boys! I think we have the best 1-2 goaltending punch in the NHL. Our backup is going to the All-Star game! And our starter is finally playing like an All-Star. We are fun to watch again!

Who do you guys think the top 4 underrated players are, and top 4 overrated players?

Over:

1. Pat Kane
2. Milan Lucic (Offensively)
3. Ilya Kovalchuk
4. Patrick Marleau

Under:

1. Logan Couture
2. Matt Moulson
3. Louie Erickkson
4. Keith Yandle

Who do you guys think the top 4 underrated players are, and top 4 overrated players?

Over:

1. Pat Kane
2. Milan Lucic (Offensively)
3. Ilya Kovalchuk
4. Patrick Marleau

Under:

1. Logan Couture
2. Matt Moulson
3. Louie Erickkson
4. Keith Yandle

Good question.

Tough to narrow it down, honestly, but I'll take a shot.

Overrated:
1. Ilya Kovalchuk (wildly inconsistent)
2. Dany Heatley
3. Roberto Luongo
4. Alex Ovechkin

Underrated:
1. Loui Erikkson
2. Dustin Brown
3. Jamie Benn
4. Erik Karlsson

Good question.

Tough to narrow it down, honestly, but I'll take a shot.

Overrated:
1. Ilya Kovalchuk (wildly inconsistent)
2. Dany Heatley
3. Roberto Luongo
4. Alex Ovechkin

Underrated:
1. Loui Erikkson
2. Dustin Brown
3. Jamie Benn
4. Erik Karlsson

I'll add Anze Kopitar and David Backes to underrated.

I'll add Anze Kopitar and David Backes to underrated.

Agreed. Was a toss-up for me between Kopitar and Dustin Brown. Both are excellent players but I would venture that it's fair to say that Kopitar is considered the best on the Kings. Dustin Brown is one tough dude. Not a huge point scorer but he's gritty and a good leader.

And I refrained from naming any Pittsburgh players but I still think Jordan Staal is underrated - and, quite honestly, I think Penguins fans are some of the worst offenders. Dude doesn't get enough love for all that he does.

I agree. He's the best penalty killer in the league. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back