NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any blockbusters happening. I fully expect Nash to be a Blue Jacket tomorrow and into the summer.

TSN just reported that there are roughly 3-5 GM's pushing hard for him and it's 50/50 that's he'll be traded.

There was speculation that they were taking Nash banners down at the Nationwide Arena.

Alex

Leafs will not do anything. Man they came out flat Sat against the Caps who were on a back to back... awful. I would love to now their record since RW's contract extension. I have never been a Ron Wilson fan.

Oduya to Blackhawks.

wonder if my Canes will do anything last minute, not expecting anything

At this point, I'm wondering how many more overtime games they'll lose. A point is a point, but I dont wanna finish last when we're in it most games.

Great game to watch on Hockey Night In Canada, philly and flames! Great shootout win for philly tonight. And i dont want wanyone ragging on Bryz tonight i thought he played solid, if thats the D and defence zone coverage he gets every night.. My soul might be wanting out too :/. If your gonna block a shot do it, otherwise let your goalie take it.
Flames played terrible and Bryz was the only reason they were still in it tbh

Boring deadline.

Confirmed that Nash is staying.

Gaustad to Nashville. They look like winners on this boring deadline day.

Confirmed that Nash is staying.

Gaustad to Nashville. They look like winners on this boring deadline day.

The Preds made a lot of small moves that I think could have a major impact in a positive way.

You wonder if the lack of action at the deadline has any relation to a possible lockout on the horizon? Teams not wanting to take on salary if there might not be a season?

You wonder if the lack of action at the deadline has any relation to a possible lockout on the horizon? Teams not wanting to take on salary if there might not be a season?

Doubt it. I think it's because there are still a lot of teams in the playoff run and they're scared to unload and chance missing that opportunity.

CBJ has no reason to get rid of Nash if the offer wasn't right for them. They loss nothing on not trading him.

I just don't think it was a very strong deadline market at all. The rentals were all bad and very few depth pieces were available.

Doubt it. I think it's because there are still a lot of teams in the playoff run and they're scared to unload and chance missing that opportunity.

CBJ has no reason to get rid of Nash if the offer wasn't right for them. They loss nothing on not trading him.

What they lost was a happy hockey player that may or may not give it his all until he's traded which they pretty much have to do in the off season. Keeping a star around who's peeveed off all the time isn't going to be a good situation.

What they lost was a happy hockey player that may or may not give it his all until he's traded which they pretty much have to do in the off season. Keeping a star around who's peeveed off all the time isn't going to be a good situation.

Happy or not, why trade him just because he wants. If he wants a team to pick him up, he knows he needs to play well or else no one is going to want him and his contract.

I love Nash as a player, I really do, but I do see him as a one trick pony. He has scored 30+ goals in all but one season. Though in times when he has played with spectacular players, like the Olympics and World Championships, he still doesn't dominate. Just my 0.02.

Vancouver's pick-up of Zack Kassian is great for them. Kassian and Gragnani for Hodgson and Sulzer. Hodgson is going to be a good one but the hole the Canucks had is filled. Kassian is a freak.

Alex

Vancouver's pick-up of Zack Kassian is great for them. Kassian and Gragnani for Hodgson and Sulzer. Hodgson is going to be a good one but the hole the Canucks had is filled. Kassian is a freak.

Alex

As a Canucks fan, I am so happy!! I love Hodgson, but he is very slow. And will never be a fit here. Salos retiring soon so Gragnani looks like a solid prospect putting up 60 points last season in the AHL thats amazing! And Kassians a beast kid in my opinion will have a more successful career then Hodgson would have in a Van Jersey.

Last edited:
A most satisfactory 5-0 win for my Devils. Will be fun to see Carlyle in TO as well, should be entertaining to say the least....oh hi Joffrey Lupul!

Just glad Wilson is out. Think it was obvious that the players were not happy with him.

It was needed. Also, with an assistant coach change, someone new will be taking charge of the defence, which will hopefully make a difference.

Excited for tonight's game. Should be a really good one. The Yotes played some great hockey in February.

Steel Tappin'

B,s fan here,I like the additons we got during trade deadline,but our other goalie just got diagnosed with an abdominal/groin issue.Out for 4-6 weeks.Now we need a back-up goalie,our Prov. Bruins backup is serviceable at best.

B,s fan here,I like the additons we got during trade deadline,but our other goalie just got diagnosed with an abdominal/groin issue.Out for 4-6 weeks.Now we need a back-up goalie,our Prov. Bruins backup is serviceable at best.

So they signed Marty Turco, Which is a great signing! He will be a great back-up. And i personally think CLBJ should have signed him at the start of the season to provide a leader-ship to Stevey Mason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back