NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough... but he did play 141 regular season games in the past two seasons, which is the most he's played consecutively in a long time. if we could get him to average 70 games in the two years we're on the hook for, i'm a happy camper. and while i agree the west is usually the stronger conference, i'm afraid if the leafs don't hustle hard for a playoff spot this year, the possible realignment bringing the wings east and sending the jets west will mean one less playoff spot for the blue and white.

and on the topic of playing a full season, if matty lombardi can be fit for the start of season, that adds depth down the middle too...

I have little hope for my Blues to ever do anything. Pretty much need to blow up what they have been doing and start over. Drafting defense first was a bad idea with all those top picks. Now they are trying to turn back the clock with Arnott and Langenbrunner. Ugh, I just want the cup to come to St. Louis!

I have little hope for my Blues to ever do anything. Pretty much need to blow up what they have been doing and start over. Drafting defense first was a bad idea with all those top picks. Now they are trying to turn back the clock with Arnott and Langenbrunner. Ugh, I just want the cup to come to St. Louis!

Yeah, their off-season moves remind me of what Nashville always does..

You happy about Oshie getting re-signed? Seemed like a strange move to only give him one year, although he does stay an RFA..

Yeah, their off-season moves remind me of what Nashville always does..

You happy about Oshie getting re-signed? Seemed like a strange move to only give him one year, although he does stay an RFA..

If Oshie doesn't rock it this year I bet he's gone by the trade dead line. Two subpar years would also make RFA negotiations for whomever picks him up easier. I bet if he went somewhere like Phoenix or Nashville where he isn't expected to perform but it's an added bonus if he does, he would rock the house. I think the expectations are too high on the younger guys in StL to get them back to an elite level. Doesn't help the owner wants out either, that has a trickle down effect.

I have a real feeling about the Sabres this year! Hopefully anyway :joy:

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oshie reminds me of the situation phx got in with peter mueller. needed a change of scenery and in colorado he got that... became a point-a-game guy with some new surroundings...

though i think oshie just needs to buy a new alarm clock... no?

They made the best trade of last season stealing Stewart and Shat, IMHO. I really do hate the Blues for their goonery (especially late in games they were out of) over the past few seasons, but they have some nice young pieces in place. Payne's an asshat, but if he can get them to actually play the game, their future isn't nearly as bleak as you may think.

I figure we may as well get this going now that free agency is in full swing.. Who are your favourite teams and who is looking good in each conference?

I'm a Blue Jackets fan. Hoping to see the additions of Martinek, Carter, Wisniewski, and bringing up Kubalik/Johansen will be enough to get them into the post season.

Columbus will be better fpr sure... finally help for Nash.

I'm a Leafs fan and this season will be interesting. I like the kids but it isn't quite time yet to make the playoffs. Good additions have been made and the prospects are looking good.

In the East... Philly... I know no Carter, Richards but they finally have goaltending.

In the West... man tough call... too many good teams but Detroit finds a way more often than not.

The Oil could be a darkhorse and real fun to watch.

Alex

I'm a Leafs fan and this season will be interesting. I like the kids but it isn't quite time yet to make the playoffs. Good additions have been made and the prospects are looking good.

In the East... Philly... I know no Carter, Richards but they finally have goaltending.

In the West... man tough call... too many good teams but Detroit finds a way more often than not.

Alex

i like where your heads at with the flyers! i think well make the playoffs this year but if they aren't hot and injury free i don't see them making it past the first or second round.... this year anyway.

Is it October yet?

Is it October yet?

It works out well for me as the sun sets earlier and earlier and I have to transition from evening golf to evening hockey..

Can't wait to see what happens this year though.. Only what, a couple weeks until the rookie camps get going? AWESOME!

Alex

Says who? Just because he signed a big contract, doesn't mean he will be worth it. He has never won a playoff series. I am not even sure he has ever won a game in the playoffs (dont feel like checking..lol)

Says who? Just because he signed a big contract, doesn't mean he will be worth it. He has never won a playoff series. I am not even sure he has ever won a game in the playoffs (dont feel like checking..lol)

He's got 12 playoff wins, but he's got 13 playoff losses.. .917 with a 2.55gaa

I agree, he's a step up from their recent string of mediocre goaltenders, but there's no guarantee that he's a solution to their problems.

He's got 12 playoff wins, but he's got 13 playoff losses.. .917 with a 2.55gaa

I agree, he's a step up from their recent string of mediocre goaltenders, but there's no guarantee that he's a solution to their problems.

plus they didn't lose any defense as long as pronger is healthy all year the defense in front of him just got a lot better!

plus they didn't lose any defense as long as pronger is healthy all year the defense in front of him just got a lot better!

Pronger is a lost cause in my opinion. Every year he gets slower and more brittle. Definitely biased because I think he's a detriment to the league and a ridiculously dirty player, but I get a real charge out of watching him get walked by players because he's so pathetically slow.

Hell of a shot though. Limited minute powerplay QB defensemen for sure. Anything else.. MEEEEH...

im a flyers fan i still like dirty players! lol i actually think flyers management realized that we can't be the broad street bullies anymore and compete for the cup. wish they would have realized a few years ago when the league started changing. pronger still has a few good years in him i think. i just hope this back injury isn't a ongoing problem... but the flyers only get players after their prime and over pay them anyway. and the other upside to pronger is hes a great leader and veteran in the locker room. which i think the flyers desperately need especially with all the new faces coming in this year. i know hes on the downward slope but i still like him.

+1, can't wait for the season to start. I watched some of the R&D camp, to tell you the truth it was pretty boring to watch. I wish they'd just tell us about the new rules and stuff once it's out rather than while they are testing and developing!
Is it October yet?

+1, can't wait for the season to start. I watched some of the R&D camp, to tell you the truth it was pretty boring to watch. I wish they'd just tell us about the new rules and stuff once it's out rather than while they are testing and developing!

i like that they have the R&D camp. really get a feel for what works and what doesn't work before they throw new rules into the NHL. ive only watched highlights but it does seem semi boring to watch for hockey anyway. is Shannahan still overseeing the R&D this year?

As far as I know yeah Shanny is the head, as an Avs fan it's tough for me to see him in a place of power, he's still that crappy Red Wing I used to root against!!!
i like that they have the R&D camp. really get a feel for what works and what doesn't work before they throw new rules into the NHL. ive only watched highlights but it does seem semi boring to watch for hockey anyway. is Shannahan still overseeing the R&D this year?

yeah i can understand that lol he was always one of my favorite players

im a flyers fan i still like dirty players! lol i actually think flyers management realized that we can't be the broad street bullies anymore and compete for the cup. wish they would have realized a few years ago when the league started changing. pronger still has a few good years in him i think. i just hope this back injury isn't a ongoing problem... but the flyers only get players after their prime and over pay them anyway. and the other upside to pronger is hes a great leader and veteran in the locker room. which i think the flyers desperately need especially with all the new faces coming in this year. i know hes on the downward slope but i still like him.

Three words...

Broad Street Bullies

Who will fill the void left by Carcillo? He's a goof but I like him. Avery (I know different team) on the other hand is... well...

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back