Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I figure we may as well get this going now that free agency is in full swing.. Who are your favourite teams and who is looking good in each conference?

I'm a Blue Jackets fan. Hoping to see the additions of Martinek, Carter, Wisniewski, and bringing up Kubalik/Johansen will be enough to get them into the post season.

Habs all the way! Looking forward to a healthy defense corps this year.

Habs all the way! Looking forward to a healthy defense corps this year.

Those boys are due for a long playoff run eh? I hope they are moving on from their small/speedy forward obsession from a couple years ago..

Sharks fan here. I'm hoping the addition of Burns and Havlat turns out well mostly.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to see how Philly, LA and Winnipeg does this year. Very intriguing changes and it should be neat to see how it turns out this year

Sharks fan here. I'm hoping the addition of Burns and Havlat turns out well mostly.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to see how Philly, LA and Winnipeg does this year. Very intriguing changes and it should be neat to see how it turns out this year

Sharks fan in Vancouver? How'd you come about that? I was a big Heater fan, and Dan Boyle is a Miami grad like me so i cheer for him. SJ should be pretty damn good this year with the new additions.. They really need to do something big sometime soon..

I'm not from Vancouver originally so didn't grow up with them. When the Sharks entered the league my god father got me one of the first few jersey's off the product line and I've been a fan since then.

Sharks first
Av's second because I cheered for the Nordiques growing up in Halifax
Canuck's third since my wife loves them and I now live here

I'm not from Vancouver originally so didn't grow up with them. When the Sharks entered the league my god father got me one of the first few jersey's off the product line and I've been a fan since then.

Sharks first
Av's second because I cheered for the Nordiques growing up in Halifax
Canuck's third since my wife loves them and I now live here

Are you a native of Nova Scotia? I live just outside of Sydney!

I should say that I am going to be rooting for the Jets too this season. I am moving to northern Manitoba to work in August so they are my new province's team. Nice to have another Canadian team to cheer for! Really can;t wait for them to move to the Western Conference next year so I can have a favourite team in each conference. My #3 team would be the Caps. Love Ovechkin and Green!

Pens fan here. Sad to see Talbot go (especially to the other side of the state), but I think it's going to be another solid hockey year in Pittsburgh!

Devils fan here. Loving all the moves the Devils have made this offseason....oh wait

Rangers fan here, obviously Richards is the big thing but I think the Rupp signing is interesting too.

I also follow Ottawa a bit since we have their AHL team here.

I figure we may as well get this going now that free agency is in full swing.. Who are your favourite teams and who is looking good in each conference?

Wisniewski

Blackhawks fan here. You'll love what Wiz brings to the table in grit, toughness and positional D, but man is that a horrible contract for a second pairing Dman with a long history of knee injuries. This is coming from someone who owns a Wiz sweater and called him my favorite players when he was in town. I'm just happy the Hawks got rid of their own albatross contract this offseason in Soup.

I really like what the Avs have done in the offseason, but since there hasn't been to many moves made up until this offseason, I'm not going to hold my breathe! We'll see what happens and who the new captain will be.

I've been a Washington Capitals season ticket holder for a while now. As dissapointed as I am with their exit last season I'm very excited about their off season moves. More experience, especially at goalie, was a key reason they lost to TB. Looking forward to their first pre-season game in September!

Go Caps.

I really like what the Avs have done in the offseason, but since there hasn't been to many moves made up until this offseason, I'm not going to hold my breathe! We'll see what happens and who the new captain will be.

You just got an amazing goalie in Varly. He was by far my favorite goalie here in DC. If he was healthy he would easily have been the starting goalie. I hated to see him leave, even have a signed jersey from him. He may be injury prone this past season. But, if he stays healthy you will have a brick wall for a goalie this season.

You just got an amazing goalie in Varly. He was by far my favorite goalie here in DC. If he was healthy he would easily have been the starting goalie. I hated to see him leave, even have a signed jersey from him. He may be injury prone this past season. But, if he stays healthy you will have a brick wall for a goalie this season.

They're going to need him to be since the defense is still a work in progress.

Disturbing rumours about Statsny leaving are swirling as well.

I'm a Blue Jackets fan. Hoping to see the additions of Martinek, Carter, Wisniewski, and bringing up Kubalik/Johansen will be enough to get them into the post season.

I'm a Flyers fan...you're welcome. Any Kings' fans? They're welcome too.

Blackhawks fan here. You'll love what Wiz brings to the table in grit, toughness and positional D, but man is that a horrible contract for a second pairing Dman with a long history of knee injuries. This is coming from someone who owns a Wiz sweater and called him my favorite players when he was in town. I'm just happy the Hawks got rid of their own albatross contract this offseason in Soup.

For the record, he's going to be a first liner there with Fedor Tyutin. It was a necessary deal to get some legit skill on the defensive end of the team, and they are one of the many teams will loads of cap room. That, coupled with a ridiculous cap increase, and I don't hate that deal at all. Just hoping he stays healthy.

I'm a Flyers fan...you're welcome. Any Kings' fans? They're welcome too.

Yeah, I was blown away that we got a top tier center in Carter.. That said, Voracek could very well be the real deal, just couldn't get over the hump playing in Columbus. You might be pleasantly surprised with his capabilities.

I'm not terribly upset about it. I am intrested to see what these prospects can do. Carter was out so much this season, and they still did okay without him. In desprate need of (consistant) goaltending though.

I'm not terribly upset about it. I am intrested to see what these prospects can do. Carter was out so much this season, and they still did okay without him. In desprate need of (consistant) goaltending though.

. . . Since Hextall retired in 1999!

The health was the major hangup in my mind, but from what I saw of him he looked quite good. We'll see, the Avs haven't had the greatest luck in goaltenders since ROY!

For the record, he's going to be a first liner there with Fedor Tyutin. It was a necessary deal to get some legit skill on the defensive end of the team, and they are one of the many teams will loads of cap room. That, coupled with a ridiculous cap increase, and I don't hate that deal at all. Just hoping he stays healthy.

He's a second pairing dman, skill-wise. A second pairing dman playing on the first line is still a second pairing dman. It really is already one of the 10 worst contracts in the league. Hell, the deal Seabrook signed at $5.8 per was pretty bad and he's twice the dman Wiz will ever be (I'm being pretty generous with that twice figure for Wiz' benefit, too). As for the cap, don't expect it to keep rising when the CBA expires after this season and we don't have another huge TV deal on the books to temporarily boost revenue. The Canadian TV deal doesn't expire until before the '15-'16 season, so we won't see that kind of revenue boost again for four more years. It won't cripple them like the Soup deal did the Hawks, simply because there is no young talent to retain in RFA in the immediate future to skew the numbers, but these kinds of deals getting passed around is just bad for free agency in the cap era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back