NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw my opinion on here about Ovi skipping the ASG, I think it's a joke when these guys skip the ASG without a serious injury. If they want to grow the game these are the kinds of things the "stars" need to be participating in. When I was growing up I loved watching the skills competition and the game, now it's become a joke.

I'll throw my opinion on here about Ovi skipping the ASG, I think it's a joke when these guys skip the ASG without a serious injury. If they want to grow the game these are the kinds of things the "stars" need to be participating in. When I was growing up I loved watching the skills competition and the game, now it's become a joke.

i have little interest in the all star game anymore but i still like watching the skills challenge... honestly if i was in the league id love the week off from playing and stuff, just to rest and spend time with my family. Ovi's just pissed off about his suspension. Which i think was fair and deserved. I don't think Ovi left his feet on purpose i know sometimes stuff like that happens during the game BUT, Everyone knows what they are looking for now for suspending guys and just cause you're a "superstar" in the league doesn't make you any different. Now he just looks like a cry baby IMO.

i have little interest in the all star game anymore but i still like watching the skills challenge... honestly if i was in the league id love the week off from playing and stuff, just to rest and spend time with my family. Ovi's just pissed off about his suspension. Which i think was fair and deserved. I don't think Ovi left his feet on purpose i know sometimes stuff like that happens during the game BUT, Everyone knows what they are looking for now for suspending guys and just cause you're a "superstar" in the league doesn't make you any different. Now he just looks like a cry baby IMO.
I think the players need to calm down a little bit about the suspensions, only because the more complaining they do isn't going to change Shannaban!

Anyone else watching All-star game draft right now?

Anyone else watching All-star game draft right now?

Yes but in the background while I'm working on my clubs!! How very Canadian of us!

Ovi is a piece of crap i agree , he is only out there for the money it shows

Yes but in the background while I'm working on my clubs!! How very Canadian of us!

Pretty sure Team Chara is stacked up front.

Just saw that my boy Brian Elliott was selected by Team Alfredsson. The way Halak has played over the last month and a half, he could have made the team as well.

LETS! GO! BLUES!

Ovi is a piece of crap i agree , he is only out there for the money it shows

Yes. Just yes. You're completely right.

Just saw that my boy Brian Elliott was selected by Team Alfredsson. The way Halak has played over the last month and a half, he could have made the team as well.

LETS! GO! BLUES!

Blues have a great setup in net.

LETS! GO! BLUES!

I was very impressed with the Blues the other night. They aren't the most skilled team but, wow, they're just incredibly difficult to play against.

I was very impressed with the Blues the other night. They aren't the most skilled team but, wow, they're just incredibly difficult to play against.

Yeah, we aren't going to blow your doors off with skill, but man, we hustle and play hard every night. And we play physical. This is not the same St. Louis club it was last year or even at the start of this year. These guys have a fire under their a**. They are fun to watch, because with the goal tending and the hustle, we are in every game.

Couture picked last. Gets a Honda.....plans to give it away to someone he knows, which is awesome. Glad to see him help out someone in need.

Though, not as good as the Range Rover he bought his dad last year for father's day.

Couture picked last. Gets a Honda.....plans to give it away to someone he knows, which is awesome. Glad to see him help out someone in need.

Though, not as good as the Range Rover he bought his dad last year for father's day.

Didn't Kessel get 25 grand to donate to a charity of his choice last year for being the last guy picked?

Team Chara is going to completely dominate. Datsyuk, Malkin, Hossa? And they have Tim Thomas?

Honestly, that team is just stacked completely.

Taped the draft last night, hoping to watch it tonight, the little bit I caught last night didn't look all that energetic, they really need to amp up this if the younger generation is going to tune in and help grow the sport.

It was pretty boring after the first 5 rounds basically.

Taped the draft last night, hoping to watch it tonight, the little bit I caught last night didn't look all that energetic, they really need to amp up this if the younger generation is going to tune in and help grow the sport.

I think the all star weekends for every sport are a joke.

The actual on ice product in the NHL is really solid right now. Honestly, they just need a real television deal (aka, get something going with ESPN again).

The actual on ice product in the NHL is really solid right now. Honestly, they just need a real television deal (aka, get something going with ESPN again).
I agree they need to get a better TV deal, but that's not all it, they also need some better stars to step up and be the face of the sport. To further a sport you not only have to have viewership and fan-dome, but you also have to get people playing the sport as well.

I agree they need to get a better TV deal, but that's not all it, they also need some better stars to step up and be the face of the sport. To further a sport you not only have to have viewership and fan-dome, but you also have to get people playing the sport as well.

There's a few guys in the next 2-3 drafts who are real characters, hopefully someone can step up and help bring the game away from the "concussion zone" stage it seems to be in right now.

I agree with u on this one get the NBA off ESPN and bring back the NHL just isnt working on VS, 10yrs ago u could always find a hockey game on ESPN no matter what day or time

And please bring back NHL 2Night. One of the best sports related shows ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back