NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel bad for the hardcore fans in the States. There's almost always at least one game on here in Canada between CBC, TSN and Sportsnet.

I agree they need to get a better TV deal, but that's not all it, they also need some better stars to step up and be the face of the sport. To further a sport you not only have to have viewership and fan-dome, but you also have to get people playing the sport as well.
hockey is very expensive to get kids involved and a lot of travel time for parents who really dont have enough time ,baseball,football ,basketball and of course golf are so much easier

hockey is very expensive to get kids involved and a lot of travel time for parents who really dont have enough time ,baseball,football ,basketball and of course golf are so much easier

It is, but generally those parent who do it are dedicated. I was very fortunate to have parents who put the time and money into hockey to allow me to play at the highest level I could. My mom still tells me that she misses going to the rink a few times a week. She still follows the High School hockey team a little just so she can go. Mind you not all parents are like this, but I do agree there are much easier sports that at a higher level are less expensive. Hockey at a low level however can be inexpensive depending on where you live.

Like here to play "house" league I think it's $500 for registration, then add gear, if you go low end or used though it can be cheap, then they play once a week at a local rink. That's actually cheaper than golf in some cases.

The NHL ASG > Pro Bowl.

Steel Tappin'

Finally this Some-Stars Weekend is over. Back to real hockey.

The NHL ASG > Pro Bowl.

Steel Tappin'
Couldn't agree more, the skills challenge was more entertaining for me than the game itself, but both were miles ahead of the pro bowl.

It is, but generally those parent who do it are dedicated. I was very fortunate to have parents who put the time and money into hockey to allow me to play at the highest level I could. My mom still tells me that she misses going to the rink a few times a week. She still follows the High School hockey team a little just so she can go. Mind you not all parents are like this, but I do agree there are much easier sports that at a higher level are less expensive. Hockey at a low level however can be inexpensive depending on where you live.

Like here to play "house" league I think it's $500 for registration, then add gear, if you go low end or used though it can be cheap, then they play once a week at a local rink. That's actually cheaper than golf in some cases.
Well said , i guess living in Canada every kids dream is to play in the NHL, here in US every kids dream is to play in the NFL or MLB. I know hockey here in Pittsburgh is tough they have practice at at diffacult hours do to renting the rink, tournaments are very far away.Honestly its just easier to grab a bat and ball and go to the field or your football gear. IMO of course

Well said , i guess living in Canada every kids dream is to play in the NHL, here in US every kids dream is to play in the NFL or MLB. I know hockey here in Pittsburgh is tough they have practice at at diffacult hours do to renting the rink, tournaments are very far away.Honestly its just easier to grab a bat and ball and go to the field or your football gear. IMO of course

Yeah I agree, it's just a difference of where we live. Baseball was pretty big in the town I grew up in as well, but hockey was life for a lot of kids and still is these days. It helps living in a small town when it comes to ice times. Have talked to people even here in Halifax, which isn't even a large city at all and they have really ****** ice times for practices. I can't imagine waking up at 5am in the morning to take a kid to hockey practice.

Might have missed the discussion but any thoughts on Morrison to Chicago? Granted he's old now but still has a burst of speed and is one crafty, crafty dude. I could see him and Hossa or Kane really click and give the Hawks a better 1-2 punch.

He is a great 3rd liner who is going to add even more depth to a team that is already 3-31/2 lines deep.

Definitely on the upswing in Western PA. I've seen a real growth in local hockey since Sid came around.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

The NHL ASG > Pro Bowl.

Steel Tappin'

I don't really agree with this.

Pro Bowl<<<<<<<<<<NHL ASG=NBA ASG=MLB ASG

And I'm not talking about the individual events, I include all the stuff with them as well. You forgot a few of < lol.

The Pro Bowl is easily the worse.

NHL ASG is the best all around in my opinion.

MLB ASG has the best extra, that being the Home run derby.

Then NBA has the best game because of all the broken ankles.

I think I prefer the NBA ASG the most because it's fun watching all those epicly skilled guys try to look as good as they can. Lots of fun there. And the dunk contest, 3 pt contest, skills contest, rookie-soph challenge. So good. I also love the NHL though because of the draft and all of the challenges and stuff as well.

The Pro Bowl is easily the worse.

NHL ASG is the best all around in my opinion.

MLB ASG has the best extra, that being the Home run derby.

Then NBA has the best game because of all the broken ankles.

In its prime, no single event was better than the slam dunk contest. It had a really bad stretch for a while but I think it has been good again the last few years. In fact, if I remember correctly, last years slam dunk contest was awesome.

thank god regular hockey is back on tonight.... i hate waiting during the all star break to see a game that actually matters.

thank god regular hockey is back on tonight.... i hate waiting during the all star break to see a game that actually matters.

This. Hopefully the Pens pick it up right where they left off against the Leafs.

This. Hopefully the Pens pick it up right where they left off against the Leafs.

or not and they lose.... id be ok with that too and im sure Thainer wouldn't mind either.

Forgot that they have the Leafs back-to-back. I like that the NHL does this on occasion - could make for some gritty games.

Really uninspired start from the Pens.

Steel Tappin'

I like the leafs but my fantasy squad is filled with pens. Im in the "meh" zone.

I have the same problem. I'm taking a Leafs win over the fantasy pool any day. Need to get back into the playoff standings again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back