NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
B,s fan my whole life.was 3 when Bobby scored the famous goal so last yrs. stanley Cup win was awesome for me.They r playing good now but have stumbled in a few games here recently.Cant wait till Horton comes back.Also,the NHL needs Sid the Kid back.Even though Malkin is awesome as well.

B,s fan my whole life.was 3 when Bobby scored the famous goal so last yrs. stanley Cup win was awesome for me.They r playing good now but have stumbled in a few games here recently.Cant wait till Horton comes back.Also,the NHL needs Sid the Kid back.Even though Malkin is awesome as well.

if they stay healthy they are gonna be a hell of a team to face in the playoffs again... their team is so strong and physical.

I love watching it. I'm a defense junkie. It's hilarious to me.

Its a solid defense i play it with my one team and its tough to break out of the zone.... you need to make perfect passes and move with speed through the neutral zone.

The 1-3-1 is the worst thing to happen in hockey. Ever.

Steel Tappin'

Steel Tappin'

the lockout was the worst thing to ever happen to hockey.... i think if more teams used the 1-3-1 it would be worse but there are only a few teams that use it. But i did enjoy when the flyers just sat with the puck and refused to skate up against it.

My facebook was full of people congratulating him on his accomplishment yesterday haha I was loving it.

Sid practices! Sid practices! Sid practices!

Bylsma said Staal and Despres are 5-10 days away. And, rumor has it that Sid could be close.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

No, not it wasn't. The New Jersey/Detroit Stanley cup finals was the worst thing ever. The 1-3-1 is a crappy, crappy trap to the left wing lock when grabbing and pulling back was ok. Lots of teams have shown the 1-3-1 can be tuned and it hasn't won jack. No one was more successfully then those horrid trapping teams.

Im sure the Habs are more than pleased with Scott Gomez' 7.5 Mil a year performance...

http://didgomezscore.com/

I imagine not but that contract might actually be worth something next year. Either it'll be easier to be bought out with the new CBA or the cap will go up and teams will have to spend more to get to the floor and this would be an easy way to do so.

Sid practices! Sid practices! Sid practices!

Bylsma said Staal and Despres are 5-10 days away. And, rumor has it that Sid could be close.

I'll be honest, as a pens fan I'm far from optimistic about Sid. 11 months off, comes back and a slight tap from Krecji and he's gone for another 2 months. I'm afraid if someone passes wind he may be done for the year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, as a pens fan I'm far from optimistic about Sid. 11 months off, comes back and a slight tap from Krecji and he's gone for another 2 months. I'm afraid if someone passes wind he may be done for the year.

They problem being they were treating him for a concussion, something that only time can help heal, if ever. Now knowing that it's a neck tissue injury, steps can be taken towards healing that. Unlike a concussion, a neck injury can be worked on and healed with exercises.

Having the proper diagnosis is a step in the right direction.

They problem being they were treating him for a concussion, something that only time can help heal, if ever. Now knowing that it's a neck tissue injury, steps can be taken towards healing that. Unlike a concussion, a neck injury can be worked on and healed with exercises.

This. I think we'll see a rapid return from 87.

The neck is one opinion as a possible cause. If you listen to Sid talk about the "neck" injury, there is very little certainty in his voice that the "soft tissue" injury is causing his problems. I know its opened up hope and given them something to treat, but I'm not totally sold that the neck is as big of an issue. Just my opinion.

The neck is one opinion as a possible cause. If you listen to Sid talk about the "neck" injury, there is very little certainty in his voice that the "soft tissue" injury is causing his problems. I know its opened up hope and given them something to treat, but I'm not totally sold that the neck is as big of an issue. Just my opinion.

Having an opinion is fine and I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fact that he has passed concussion testing multiple times and is still having problems, it seems to be the only answer currently.

Having an opinion is fine and I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fact that he has passed concussion testing multiple times and is still having problems, it seems to be the only answer currently.

As much as i don't like Sid, i think hes dumb if he comes back from this early again. Look at Savard and Pronger they are staying out for a whole year or longer to make sure they are symptom free. I think a lot of these guys have good and bad days so i think its possible for him to have a day where he could pass the concussion test and other days where he wouldn't. I just think he could end up like Lindros if he rushes back and his career would be shortened or ended before it should have been and as much as i hate to admit it, it would hurt the game especially since hes been the NHLs poster boy for so long.

As much as i don't like Sid, i think hes dumb if he comes back from this early again. Look at Savard and Pronger they are staying out for a whole year or longer to make sure they are symptom free. I think a lot of these guys have good and bad days so i think its possible for him to have a day where he could pass the concussion test and other days where he wouldn't. I just think he could end up like Lindros if he rushes back and his career would be shortened or ended before it should have been and as much as i hate to admit it, it would hurt the game especially since hes been the NHLs poster boy for so long.

This is the problem with concussions, the long-term effects. I agree that he should take all the time he needs to return. The only problem being that how much of this neck injury has contributed to the headaches?

We all know that neck and back injuries can lead to headaches. So now it's determining how much of this was concussion induced and how much of this was a neck injury.

See this is why I'm not completely sold on the "neck" issues. He was out for 11months, was apparently symptom free, which means no head or neck issues. Comes back and takes a "bump" (use the term loosly) and he's toast for another 2 months. As much as I want Sid back, I think reality has set in that it is very likely we are seeing another Lindros. He may come back, show the flashes of brilliance that we've all come to expect from him, but he is clearly fragile and a hit away from being on the shelf for another long stint.

I think the whole thing comes to a helmet problem , compared to college hockey helmets theres a big difference , never hear about college kids with these problems

I think the whole thing comes to a helmet problem , compared to college hockey helmets theres a big difference , never hear about college kids with these problems

theres no helmet that can prevent a concussion, so although i think they could improve helmets nothing is gonna fix this problem if the game keeps getting faster and players keep getting bigger and stronger.

They're all wearing the same style of helmets that follow the same regulations. As said, there is no helmet that can prevent a concussion. The difference in my opinion is the respect. In the NCAA the guys actually realize that they all have a future a head of them and a lot of them know that hockey is the way of a free education. This leads to a mutual respect for each other.

I'm all for doing anything to win, but I sometimes wonder in the NHL if players don't feel too obligated to do anything to win and then sometimes go out of line.

I think the Bruins my be the biggest cheap **** team I've seen in a very long time.

I think the Bruins my be the biggest cheap **** team I've seen in a very long time.

How do you figure? With the rules they way they are now, there's no way teams now are more physical or cheaper than teams of the past.

How do you figure? With the rules they way they are now, there's no way teams now are more physical or cheaper than teams of the past.

I didn't say they were the cheapest team ever, just in recent memory. Watching the Sabres game. Lots of cheap and dirty tactics on behalf of the Bruins. I get the teams don't like each other after what Lucic did to Miller, Buffalo hanging 6 on them and blanking them can cause frustration, but the game was getting dangerously close to becoming another Pens/Isles game of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back