NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with the NHL is that they're pushing their bodies too hard. You can only go so far before you begin to feel the effects of wear and tear and on top of that, the guys are bigger, faster and a lot stronger than before. Back 10-12 years ago guys would show to training camp to get in shape after taking it easy all summer. Now they barely take 2-3 weeks off at the end of the season and start pushing themselves right away in the gym.

Dirtiness and cheapness is a bias opinion of looking at it though. If you look at the stats, Boston is rated 14th in the league for times short handed. If they were a dangerous team, they would be more near the top in that statistic, but instead they are center of the pack.

Dirtiness and cheapness is a bias opinion of looking at it though. If you look at the stats, Boston is rated 14th in the league for times short handed. If they were a dangerous team, they would be more near the top in that statistic, but instead they are center of the pack.

Go look at the PIM/G, they are tops in the league. 13 mis-conducts is tops in the league. 5 game mis-conducts is tops in the league. Your not shorthanded if you coax a player into taking an offsetting penalty, so looking simply at how many times a team is short handed doesn't tell the whole story. Lucic smacking a player with his stick in the back of the head while he's down on one knee and playing it off as "just skating by", isn't going to show up in that stat.

Go look at the PIM/G, they are tops in the league. 13 mis-conducts is tops in the league. 5 game mis-conducts is tops in the league. Your not shorthanded if you coax a player into taking an offsetting penalty, so looking simply at how many times a team is short handed doesn't tell the whole story. Lucic smacking a player with his stick in the back of the head while he's down on one knee and playing it off as "just skating by", isn't going to show up in that stat.

Well then I guess guys need to stop retaliating don't they?

Also, if you want to talk about cheap shots, I've guess you've never watched a Vancouver game. You can talk about Lucic all you want, but the Sedin's are tops in the league every year when it comes to slashing penalties.
I can't believe I'm sticking up for the Boston.

Well then I guess guys need to stop retaliating don't they?

Also, if you want to talk about cheap shots, I've guess you've never watched a Vancouver game. You can talk about Lucic all you want, but the Sedin's are tops in the league every year when it comes to slashing penalties. Not to mention, you can add in fighting majors if you want, but not sure how fighting makes you a dirty and cheap team.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for the Boston.

I didn't bring up fighting majors because it's not indicative of a dirty team.

I guess it's a good thing I play goal. If some player slashed me in the back of the leg while I'm skating away after a play is over, I'd take my hand out of my glove and turn around and end his night right then and their. lol

No, but they're near top in fighting majors, which are added to PIM total. If you look at minors, philly is in the lead.

You know they say about goalies though. They're all a little crazy haha sorry man, I joke.

It's all good. I just think Boston takes a lot of heat for being dirty when a lot of it is just their big incidents are over talked about by the media because they're the cup champions. That's not to say when they take it too far, they really take it too far.

No, but they're near top in fighting majors, which are added to PIM total. If you look at minors, philly is in the lead.

You know they say about goalies though. They're all a little crazy haha sorry man, I joke.

It's all good. I just think Boston takes a lot of heat for being dirty when a lot of it is just their big incidents are over talked about by the media because they're the cup champions. That's not to say when they take it too far, they really take it too far.

See and I think the forwards and D that go down to block 90+MPH slap shots with the little amount of padding they have on are the crazy ones. lol

See and I think the forwards and D that go down to block 90+MPH slap shots with the little amount of padding they have on are the crazy ones. lol

Yeah, but we can't be linked with Ron Hextall haha.

Ill grant ya that. lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 via tapatalk (Ban this Apple 8========D )

Jordan Staal is set to return for the Penguins tomorrow.

Steel Tappin'

Five points for Geno today in an 8-5 thrashing of Winnepeg. He's just unreal. Shades of Mario.

Steel Tappin'

The Pens played really well, especially Geno. Great game.

Leafs honoured Mats Sundin tonight and put his number in the rafters. I know he never helped the Leafs win a cup, but I know I would not have a different captain just to see a cup in Toronto. He is the true definition of class and how to be a great leader on and off the ice.

Leafs honoured Mats Sundin tonight and put his number in the rafters. I know he never helped the Leafs win a cup, but I know I would not have a different captain just to see a cup in Toronto. He is the true definition of class and how to be a great leader on and off the ice.

I agree, its great the leafs put his number up in the rafters one of there all time best captains. I just wish he wasn't so ignorant to the Canucks Team-mates/Fans in his stint there. Kinda lost all respect for him.

But all in all, congrats to him and his family

I agree, its great the leafs put his number up in the rafters one of there all time best captains. I just wish he wasn't so ignorant to the Canucks Team-mates/Fans in his stint there. Kinda lost all respect for him.

But all in all, congrats to him and his family

I agree with that. I don't think his heart was with him in Vancouver.

My Wings just won number 19 in-a-row at home! Keep it going boys!

Omg !!! Flyers pk sucks!!

Halak with the shutout of the Silicon Valley Sharks! LETS! GO! BLUES!

Awesome night in hockey. Went from being down 6-2 in the pool to being up 8-2. Needed a big week.

Malkin is just on another level. He was completely dominant once again tonight and continues to anchor the best line in the league.

Steel Tappin'

Malkin is just on another level. He was completely dominant once again tonight and continues to anchor the best line in the league.

Steel Tappin'

Dude I'm loving this. He rules.

Steel Tappin'

Can't believe he missed the empty net though......twice :bulgy-eyes:haha. I agree though the guy is on fire right now.

I have Malkin on my fantasy team in a league that has a $50 prize. He's basically the reason I'm anywhere close to #1.
Glad I took him 3rd overall.

I have Malkin on my fantasy team in a league that has a $50 prize. He's basically the reason I'm anywhere close to #1.
Glad I took him 3rd overall.
That was a great pick. I'm in the ESPN Weekly fantasy and have picked him up the last few weeks, I'm hoping he can keep it up. I actually like this format for fantasy hockey. It's such a long season, it's nice to redo the roster every week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back