NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great pick. I'm in the ESPN Weekly fantasy and have picked him up the last few weeks, I'm hoping he can keep it up. I actually like this format for fantasy hockey. It's such a long season, it's nice to redo the roster every week!
Yeah it was a 20 team league so I really had to hit on my first pick since I had to wait so long to pick again and I figured that as long as he stayed healthy he'd be right at the top of the league

My Flyers are really pissing me off right now. If they can't beat the Rangers or Bruins it's gonna be hard for them to get deep into the playoffs, if they get in at all. 8 points back is horrible!

My Flyers are really pissing me off right now. If they can't beat the Rangers or Bruins it's gonna be hard for them to get deep into the playoffs, if they get in at all. 8 points back is horrible!

not going anywhere without another defense man and a goalie who can stop the puck

Does anyone give Ilya a scouting report on the opposing teams players and what their tendencies are in a shootout? One of the two goalies will catch fire (you hope). Now Chicago on the other hand, they're screwed.

Does anyone give Ilya a scouting report on the opposing teams players and what their tendencies are in a shootout? One of the two goalies will catch fire (you hope). Now Chicago on the other hand, they're screwed.

I betcha they manage to get Nabokov out of Long Island around the deadline. That would be ace for them.

True Buck. Pronged being out is hurting us!

i wish hed announce his retirement hes never coming back and being the player we signed him to be..... at least we'd have cap room to pick someone up. I want Webber Bad but i doubt that will happen.... i think were gonna get Hal Gill as a rental for the year which i think is dumb but whatever.

Yea but they always think they have more left in the tank than they really do. Look at Sid "the kid" what's he waiting for. Just hang them up already. One more big hit and hockey will be the least of his worries!

I betcha they manage to get Nabokov out of Long Island around the deadline. That would be ace for them.

I was reading something the other day that 1) The Islanders are not trading him and 2) That the Flyers don't want him as they are miffed at the way he and his management handled things when they traded for his rights a few years back.

Aim lower, think Khabibulin possibly.

I was reading something the other day that 1) The Islanders are not trading him and 2) That the Flyers don't want him as they are miffed at the way he and his management handled things when they traded for his rights a few years back.

1: Why not? He's not going to resign there
2: The flyers? Meh. He can go better places at this point if he moves like Chicago or Detriot who both have the space, need and assets to get him.

Aim lower, think Khabibulin possibly.

Khabby can catch fire and is a good playoff goalie. Lower indeed but not bad. Plus as Khabby isn't really a regular season goalie so a tandem with Crawford wouldn't be a bad idea.

1: Why not? He's not going to resign there
2: The flyers? Meh. He can go better places at this point if he moves like Chicago or Detriot who both have the space, need and assets to get him.

Khabby can catch fire and is a good playoff goalie. Lower indeed but not bad. Plus as Khabby isn't really a regular season goalie so a tandem with Crawford wouldn't be a bad idea.

The problem the Hawks have is to get a goalie good enough means they have to sign him. They have enough prospects to land Nabakov or Miller if Buffalo was to move him. Trading for him isn't the issue, it's paying anyone they acquire that poses the biggest issue. They wouldn't pay Niemi peanuts compared to what these top tier goaltenders will command.

Last edited:
The Hawks will never trade Craw for Nabby or Happy, If the Hawks are going to make a trade it will most likely be a Ryan Miller Trade or "try" a Bobosky or Hiller change..

But with the Cap this is pretty hard, Best bet is to throw a 5th or 3rd round pick and you could get ether or.. But who wants Happys money next season? eek 3.5?

Rick Nash on the market. First real big name who looks like they will be moved. With a no trade clause though, there is rumour that there are only 4-5 teams he is willing to be traded too.

Rick Nash on the market. First real big name who looks like they will be moved. With a no trade clause though, there is rumour that there are only 4-5 teams he is willing to be traded too.

I've seen a bunch of places say he gave them a 10 team list to explore. San Jose, LA, Montreal, Vancouver seemed to be for sure on the list with others being speculation.
The real question is what someone would have to give back to get him.

I think is San Jose could get it done say along with Pahlsson some how they have to go for it. The Thorton/Marleau/Boyle window is closing rapidly. IMO it's already gone but this year and maybe next year is probably the last shot they've got with it before having to retool entirely. If they could get a quality scoring winger for Thorton like Nash and then be able to move Marleau to the 2nd line so they aren't such a one line attack team I think it would help them out tremendeously. That being said I don't think they have the assests to get it done since Coulter/Crowe aren't going anywhere IMO.

While the playoff race is neat, I'm already looking forward to see how teams retool for next season, especially Montreal who are a terrible, terrible team now. Firing Martin was plain jane stupid.

Ah, i wouldn't say firing Martin was dumb what so ever, Ya someone can argue about waiting till the season is over. But what needed to happen is a face lift and not only a team face lift but the Organization the Coach had to go, and i hope the GM goes in the off season as well too.

On to the Nash sega, i think his value would be higher in the off season if big teams were to fail in the first or second round. But thats taking a huge chance, But i would expect L.A. to make a big offer.

I've seen a bunch of places say he gave them a 10 team list to explore. San Jose, LA, Montreal, Vancouver seemed to be for sure on the list with others being speculation.
The real question is what someone would have to give back to get him.

I think is San Jose could get it done say along with Pahlsson some how they have to go for it. The Thorton/Marleau/Boyle window is closing rapidly. IMO it's already gone but this year and maybe next year is probably the last shot they've got with it before having to retool entirely. If they could get a quality scoring winger for Thorton like Nash and then be able to move Marleau to the 2nd line so they aren't such a one line attack team I think it would help them out tremendeously. That being said I don't think they have the assests to get it done since Coulter/Crowe aren't going anywhere IMO.

While the playoff race is neat, I'm already looking forward to see how teams retool for next season, especially Montreal who are a terrible, terrible team now. Firing Martin was plain jane stupid.

Montreal is supposedly not in the equation according to Bob MacKenzie.

List basically consist of front running teams and two Canadian teams:

LA - They're always in the mix when it comes to top 6 forwards
Vancouver - Have Snider and a few young guys to offer. One of the goalies would have to be in the package for sure
Toronto - Grew up near TO. They have the prospects, but Burke tends to not like guys with long contracts so what he is willing to give up, may not be enough.
New York - They would have to move a lot of salary in the other direction to fit him in.
Philly - Have a few young guys, but they just picked up most of them, like Scheen, not sure they would want to part with them.
San Jose - Don't know if they'll have enough to offer, CBJ is looking for young guys and I just don't know enough about SJ's farm.

I'm not for sure on this, but this is rumour.

Marek Zidlicky: I have waived my NTC to go to New Jersey.
Wild: We have not asked Zidlicky to waive his NTC.
Everyone else: :bulgy-eyes:

Marek Zidlicky: I have waived my NTC to go to New Jersey.
Wild: We have not asked Zidlicky to waive his NTC.
Everyone else: :bulgy-eyes:

hahahaha hilarious.

love when a team comes out flat and you know they are getting REAMED in between periods and come out with a fire under there @$$.

Huge, huge win for the Pens in Philly. Really a crazy game with a playoff atmosphere. Neal picked up his 30th on the year - they just took over in the final period.

Always fun to beat those bums. Philly fits right in their with the Patriots, Ravens, Browns, Capitals - teams that I megaloathe.

Philly sucks. Especially Hartnell.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Elliott with another shutout. 4 goals scored from guys that don't score goals. I will take that all day long. I am wondering with the call up of goalie Ben Bishop, if a trade is not in the works for a scorer. LETS! GO! BLUES!

i can't believe its gonna be another season where the Goalie is the reason the Team Tanks.... its so frustrating.

i can't believe its gonna be another season where the Goalie is the reason the Team Tanks.... its so frustrating.

He looks so lost out there. Although, Bobrovsky was abused as well.

For some reason, I really enjoy it.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back