NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't believe its gonna be another season where the Goalie is the reason the Team Tanks.... its so frustrating.

Phillys management doesnt know how to produce a goalie though, and give him confidence. I think they should have kepy Bobby told him he was the man and not sign another tendy who hasn't played in a big city. Boby last season proved he was there best goalie and he still did not get the create he deserved. And if he was told he was the main from last off season, the confidence would be off the wall. And i guarantee hes work ethic would be at a high. I think he has a chance to be a top 5 in the league. Being a goalie myself thats just my opinion being in that whole icky situation.

But come on with Brys i'm not gonna lie i expected alot more

Penguins sign James Neal to a 6 year extension. Awesome news!

Steel Tappin'

Phillys management doesnt know how to produce a goalie though, and give him confidence. I think they should have kepy Bobby told him he was the man and not sign another tendy who hasn't played in a big city. Boby last season proved he was there best goalie and he still did not get the create he deserved. And if he was told he was the main from last off season, the confidence would be off the wall. And i guarantee hes work ethic would be at a high. I think he has a chance to be a top 5 in the league. Being a goalie myself thats just my opinion being in that whole icky situation.

i completely agree i loved BOB last year and i thought they should have just given him the starting job but once i saw they signed Bryz i figured they could use him as trade bait this time of year cause they still have leighton who would be a fine back up but now i dunno what to think. Bobs work ethic is unreal from all the behind the scene stuff i've heard him and Jagr are there at all hours of the day and night working on stuff. I just can't believe how many people come to philly and TANK once they get here. if we had a goalie id say we could be one of the best teams in the league and even though our record is good i don't see us going anywhere in the playoffs if this doesn't get fixed.... Bryz said yesterday in an interview that he needs to search his soul to find a way to play in this city after he was booed off the ice yesterday. both goalies let in soft goals yesterday and continue to let in soft goals. Im glad they signed these 2 Dmen the last few days but without a goalie who isn't letting in garbage goals every game it won't much matter.

All I can say is Toronto need to make a deal. They need help and a boost if they plan on playing at all this spring.

To be honest I'm not that surprised that Bryz isn't doing all that well. He's never really been viewed as a goalie who's good under pressure and there's a lot of pressure in Philly.
And if you look at his best season with Phoenix his back up goalie actually put up better per game averages so that gives in indication that the system had a lot to do with it

Man, the Leafs are pissing me off. Pick a number 1 goalie and stick with them.

Man, the Leafs are pissing me off. Pick a number 1 goalie and stick with them.

They would if they had one. Right now it's more like 2A and 2B, same thing with Tampa really.

Someone needs to pony up for Bob from Philly, Schnider in Van and Harding in Minnesota. All #1 qualitiy goalies sitting in #2 spots.

They would if they had one. Right now it's more like 2A and 2B, same thing with Tampa really.

Someone needs to pony up for Bob from Philly, Schnider in Van and Harding in Minnesota. All #1 qualitiy goalies sitting in #2 spots.

please don't take BOB i still have some hope for him... hes young and so talented. And after Bryz moved out of the way of a puck last night to let in a late goal i need some hope for the next 9 years and 56 million dollars that are being tied up.

please don't take BOB i still have some hope for him... hes young and so talented. And after Bryz moved out of the way of a puck last night to let in a late goal i need some hope for the next 9 years and 56 million dollars that are being tied up.

Don't be so worried, Philly is the type of team that will just buy him right out. Which they probably will come quarter way threw next season if the same thing keeps up.

But i really think he will play alot better next season.

Don't be so worried, Philly is the type of team that will just buy him right out. Which they probably will come quarter way threw next season if the same thing keeps up.

But i really think he will play alot better next season.

im hoping he finds himself in da universe and finds his soul to play in this city..... and were all laughing about this in a year. This City is a hard place to play especially if you're a goalie. But your right Ed Snider will spend a fortune to get a team that could win the cup if there wasn't a salary cap we'd prob have an allstar team.

im hoping he finds himself in da universe and finds his soul to play in this city..... and were all laughing about this in a year. This City is a hard place to play especially if you're a goalie. But your right Ed Snider will spend a fortune to get a team that could win the cup if there wasn't a salary cap we'd prob have an allstar team.

I'd be suprised if Holmgren isn't looking into that Europe deal like what the Hawks did with Huet.
Did they give Bryz a no movement clause?

You know who would be awesome in Philly though? Miller. He tells the Buffalo media to stuff it on a regular basis. I'd love to see him have a go with the Philly press heh.

I'd be suprised if Holmgren isn't looking into that Europe deal like what the Hawks did with Huet.
Did they give Bryz a no movement clause?

You know who would be awesome in Philly though? Miller. He tells the Buffalo media to stuff it on a regular basis. I'd love to see him have a go with the Philly press heh.

I swear the media ruins half the players here that tank. Id take miller in a heartbeat of course so would any other team pretty much. Im not sure on the no movement clause but i dunno anyone else thats gonna jump at that length of a contract at that much money with how hes playing.

I swear the media ruins half the players here that tank. Id take miller in a heartbeat of course so would any other team pretty much. Im not sure on the no movement clause but i dunno anyone else thats gonna jump at that length of a contract at that much money with how hes playing.

Without a NMC though they can burry him in the minor's, pay him a bunch and have him play in the KHL, move him to Europe, etc. They're still on the hook dollar wise but then he's off the cap.
The flyers do have the assets to go after a Miller or Nash if they wanted but I'm not sure if it's worth it. They'd have to give up at least one of Schrenn or Courtier if not both and I don't think that's in the plan.

Without a NMC though they can burry him in the minor's, pay him a bunch and have him play in the KHL, move him to Europe, etc. They're still on the hook dollar wise but then he's off the cap.
The flyers do have the assets to go after a Miller or Nash if they wanted but I'm not sure if it's worth it. They'd have to give up at least one of Schrenn or Courtier if not both and I don't think that's in the plan.

id want nash but it be nice to hold on to some young talent for once. who knows i do love knowing the flyers are always in the mix at the trade deadline and always looking to upgrade.

Rumours say that Philly is out of the Nash deal. I guess CBJ asked for Schenn, Bobrosky(sp?), and another prospect.

This is what I heard on TSN anyways.

Rumours say that Philly is out of the Nash deal. I guess CBJ asked for Schenn, Bobrosky(sp?), and another prospect.

This is what I heard on TSN anyways.

thats fine i wish they'd get a decent defenseman to replace pronger.... hes never coming back.. he just can't admit that to anyone yet. sucks but from everything im hearing and stuff i dont' see him ever coming back and thats a lot of CAP room.

I still think the best place for Nash and Carter is LA.
Send Stoll to anyone who is a contender. He'll be an excellent 3rd line center for someone like Vancouver, Detriot, Pittsburg, etc. Get whatever you can past a bag of pucks.
Shop Penner for a bag of pucks. If there are no takers then stick him on waviers as we don't care if he's claimed or sent to the minors.

Then send Bernier, Johnson, 2 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder sometime in the next 2 years and a mid prospect or a low level prospect and a 3rd/4th rounder
Get Carter, Nash and a low level defensive defensement prospect.

CBJ gets a starting goalie and a top end defensemen with a wicked good contract for the organization who can play top minutes and score. They also get a bunch of picks which are useful in the rebound as well as mid or low level prospect that can fill minutes for now.

LA puts Nash with Kopitar on the top line to give Anze the sniper he needs. Carter plays on the 2nd line with Richards and they get to be buddy, buddy again. Carter also gets to live in a big, flashy city which would make him happy. LA gets the best top 6 forward grouping they've ever had in franchise history and fixes the offense.
The downside for LA is that Quick's contract is up in 18 months so they need to get his signature on a extension this offseason.

Bingo bango bongo.

Canucks don't need any Centers they have 4 great C's including the leagues best on there 4th. A big 4th line Winger would be nice though.

Honestly i don't see Nash moving, only to LA but i heard he states he doesn't want to go to LA? I could see T.O. but they don't have a goalie... Lets hit
this up maybe a 3 Way deal happens lololol.

would be interesting with Carter Richards and Williams back together in LA.... Calder Cup winning line right there. but Carter is lazy and i dont watch enough west coast games to know how Williams is doing now a days. I was wishing Richards luck when he left i always liked him although the Media destroyed his career here.

I still think the best place for Nash and Carter is LA.
Send Stoll to anyone who is a contender. He'll be an excellent 3rd line center for someone like Vancouver, Detriot, Pittsburg, etc. Get whatever you can past a bag of pucks.
Shop Penner for a bag of pucks. If there are no takers then stick him on waviers as we don't care if he's claimed or sent to the minors.

Then send Bernier, Johnson, 2 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder sometime in the next 2 years and a mid prospect or a low level prospect and a 3rd/4th rounder
Get Carter, Nash and a low level defensive defensement prospect.

CBJ gets a starting goalie and a top end defensemen with a wicked good contract for the organization who can play top minutes and score. They also get a bunch of picks which are useful in the rebound as well as mid or low level prospect that can fill minutes for now.

LA puts Nash with Kopitar on the top line to give Anze the sniper he needs. Carter plays on the 2nd line with Richards and they get to be buddy, buddy again. Carter also gets to live in a big, flashy city which would make him happy. LA gets the best top 6 forward grouping they've ever had in franchise history and fixes the offense.
The downside for LA is that Quick's contract is up in 18 months so they need to get his signature on a extension this offseason.

Bingo bango bongo.

That doesn't work cap wise. That would put LA close to 1 million over cap. Needs to be a bigger contract going back the other way from LA to CBJ.

I don't know what I think of the Avs trading Kyle Q for Downie. I think the Avs didn't get the best part of it, but we'll see.

I don't know what I think of the Avs trading Kyle Q for Downie. I think the Avs didn't get the best part of it, but we'll see.

i like downie although he takes a lot of penalties hes gritty and is pretty strong along the boards. i was def disappointed when he was traded from Philly.

That doesn't work cap wise. That would put LA close to 1 million over cap. Needs to be a bigger contract going back the other way from LA to CBJ.

Even with Penner coming off the cap? I thought I nailed that numbers wise.

I think it's a good choice. You have Downie and Landessomethingorother on the top two lines that add good scoring, the willingness to get the puck for the other two players and doesn't let the line get bossed around. He's also a RFA line Quincey but makes less money to start with. Once they both get their pay raises Downie's still going to be cheaper dollars and cap wise which is something Sherman seems to have on his mind a lot.
Finally the AV's are a defensive production city. They dealt Shatterkirk and Quincey and still have 7 or 8 good defense on board. More firepower from the forwards is what they need now IMO.

While we're on Col, I wouldn't be suprised to see Statsny dealt soon either.

Why would Penner be coming off the cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back