Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I seem to enjoy starting these season threads, so let's get it rolling...

2012 Draft tomorrow in Pittsburgh. My CBJ have the 2nd overall pick. Hoping EDM isn't stupid and drafts the defenseman they actually need rather than Yaks as BPA.. If not, it'll make for a few interesting moments to see if they trade down for a different player they have their eyes on.

Can't wait for the Nash deal, can't wait for the new season. My boys need a fresh start.

Jordan Staal rejected an offer of a contact extension. That makes me so sad. I love Staal and the Pens need him.

EA Sports announced that Claude Giroux would be the cover athlete for NHL 13 today on Facebook. One of the comments reminded me of some of our Pittsburgh fans on here.

"That's gay. I will buy the game, but I am throwing the f***ing cover away".

I died laughing.

Jordan Staal rejected an offer of a contact extension. That makes me so sad. I love Staal and the Pens need him.

I heard it was 60 million over 10 years.. That IS pretty huge.

Apparently he wants to be 'the guy' on a team.

EA Sports announced that Claude Giroux would be the cover athlete for NHL 13 today on Facebook. One of the comments reminded me of some of our Pittsburgh fans on here.

"That's gay. I will buy the game, but I am throwing the f***ing cover away".

I died laughing.

I was thinking that I'd use it as a dart board.

Just got an email last night, first Washington Capitals game is Friday Oct 12th! Can't wait to smell the ice again!

I heard it was 60 million over 10 years.. That IS pretty huge.

Apparently he wants to be 'the guy' on a team.

So annoying. He's such a good penalty killer and even scorer. I wish he'd come back.

Just got an email last night, first Washington Capitals game is Friday Oct 12th! Can't wait to smell the ice again!

Against the Devils.... Bring it on!

Against the Devils.... Bring it on!

Hee hee, yup. You guys had a great run, too bad the Kings' Quick caught fire in the post season. Seems like there's always one goalie that does it.

My Twitter says, CBJ trades for S.Bobrovsky for 3 draft picks including number 45 of this year.

EDIT:
2nd (45th), 4th round this year and PHX 4th next year

Well, Staal is gone.

This could end up working out SO SO SO brilliantly for the Penguins. Shero might make himself the GM of the year by July 2nd.

So annoying. He's such a good penalty killer and even scorer. I wish he'd come back.

I don't blame him at all. He wants to be a top tier center and he can't do it behind Sid and Geno.

Well, Staal is gone.

This could end up working out SO SO SO brilliantly for the Penguins. Shero might make himself the GM of the year by July 2nd.

An impressive haul for a guy who wasn't re-signing in a year. Sounds like in interview, Shero knew it too.

Solid deal for Pittsburgh, got a lot of return, although I didn't love that Pouliot pick at all.

I love Jordan Staal. I'll miss Jordan Staal.

I won't miss him a whole lot if Parise signs here. Sutter, Dumoulin, Pouliout, Parise for Staal? Yes, please.

I think both teams did really good, both won. Parise in Pitts? whom knows he could really go to any team.. Sure saves them the cap to do so though!

I think both teams did really good, both won. Parise in Pitts? whom knows he could really go to any team.. Sure saves them the cap to do so though!

Parise and Sid are pretty darn good friends.

Strike what I said before. The Pens moved Michalek. Would've rather seen Martin go.

Give me Parise!

Ya Highschool buds i believe or roommates as well? He would fit in with Pitts pretty darn good. Last year he prob knew he couldn't go to Pitts cuz Staal was still there but the Devils reported Van was his number 1 team last season. (Dont see him here anymore with Booth)

Do you think the Rangers will make one of there Ridiculous offers?

PITT sends Z. Michalek to PHX for 3rd Rd. / 2 Prospects

So looks like it more and more freeing Cap!! Heard their maybe interested in Semin

Ya with there last trade it just showed that was their goal, And dont under-rait Sutters skill you will be very impressed what he will do in Pitts the kid has unreal work ethic and skill. Great 3rd line center.

Looks even more and more like Parise will be done

I was thinking that I'd use it as a dart board.

Very disappointed in your first post of the new NHL season thread! Lol

some interesting moves already love this time of year!

Sutter is a stud. He really is - he's going to continue to improve. And, while I'll admit that I don't know a ton about him, people seem to be very, very high on Dumoulin.

And they picked Pouliot. And a steal in Maatta (heck, I'd think he'd be more likely to go at #8 while Pouliot would be #22).

I think Shero has some master plan to acquire every young defenseman in the league. The Penguins depth at defense is just crazy.

And, of course, I think they're going to make some MAJOR moves soon. They're legitimately clearing up space for both Suter and Parise. That would be unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back