NHL 2013-2014 Season

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I know it's quick with the Cup just being won, but because of the condensed season, we're only a few days out from the draft.

Time to start considering who's going to be the big Free Agent hits, who's going to draft who out of the gate, and what players aren't worth a roster spot with this buyout business.

Annnnnnd go!

---------------------------

For Columbus, I don't really want to see any buyouts because their contracts aren't crazy long. Umby or Wiz would be the two guys for me, but Wiz is alright, and Umby is going to come into camp ready this year, methinks. No longer a situation where he can coast.

I want them to draft offense three times in the first round. The D is solid, and there are some great players to be had this year.

Arty got re-signed today for three years at a solid deal. Awesome. Time for Bob to get his.

Jackets should try and trade two of their first rounders and get in the top 5.
One of the few UFA's of interest is Nathan Horton. I would like to see him go to Colorado
Edmonton needs Jake Allen
Van needs to do something with Luongo and I think they have waited so long that they wont get much of anything for him.

Jackets should try and trade two of their first rounders and get in the top 5.
One of the few UFA's of interest is Nathan Horton. I would like to see him go to Colorado
Edmonton needs Jake Allen
Van needs to do something with Luongo and I think they have waited so long that they wont get much of anything for him.

I tend to agree, that if they can turn the later two picks into a lower first rounder, they should, but it wouldn't surprise me if they selected two guys in the first round and dealt the third. As long as they bring in offensive potential, I support it.

I think Jenner will make the Jackets roster and he has improved a lot and could be that offensive guy your looking for. The long term contracts are killing the UFA market. Teams are going to pay attention to the buy out's and trying to get deal on someone. Should be a good off season. I'll be pissed if the Avs don't take McKinnon.

I think Jenner will make the Jackets roster and he has improved a lot and could be that offensive guy your looking for. The long term contracts are killing the UFA market. Teams are going to pay attention to the buy out's and trying to get deal on someone. Should be a good off season. I'll be pissed if the Avs don't take McKinnon.

I hope so too, along with Ryan Murray. While I have much higher expectations for Murray, Jenner could be an awesome depth player for us.

I think Patrick Roy leads the Avs to the cup!!!

I'm totally joking, but I'm curious to see how the new regime performs.

For the LA Kings:
Most notable players whom are on the UFA: Scuderi, Penner and Richardson.
Out of those three, the Kings need to resign Scuderi. I know he will be expensive and with a low payroll it will be hard to retain him. Penner, love this guy in the Playoffs but he will be expensive and would love to see him play else where in the 2nd/3rd line regularly. Enjoy your pancakes else where bud!
Richardson is a role player and the Kings have plenty of that. Matt Frattin will do just fine filling in Richardson's spot.
A lot of RFAs but they will be cheap enough to retain them. Keaton Ellerby though... Unfortunately, the Kings don't have a spot for him. Trade him at the draft.

I would love to see Bickell on the Kings. He's a Penner Junior and would love to have a big body player like him.

Roster for 2013-2014

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Carter-Richards-Toffoli
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Frattin/Nolan

Reghr-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Muzzin-Greene

Quick
Scrivens

I'm kinda hoping Slava Voynov gets traded by the Kings. I don't know why they would do that. But, I want it too happen.

I think Patrick Roy leads the Avs to the cup!!!

I'm totally joking, but I'm curious to see how the new regime performs.

They are going to be awesome!!!
Jackets and Avs are going to face off for the cup in 2015:alien:

Bruins have already announced that Ference and Jagr aren't coming back next year, which is no surprise. Their 2 big free agents are Rask and Horton. Rask is not going anywhere, but his salary will go up significantly. The talk around here is that if Horton comes back, they're going to have to get rid of 1 or 2 of their other guys on the main 23-man roster. I would be surprised if they trade their backup goalie as well because the AHL goalie can come up and be the backup next year.

I'm kinda hoping Slava Voynov gets traded by the Kings. I don't know why they would do that. But, I want it too happen.

NO WAY JOSE! He just signed an extension.
Gotta love the silent Russians!

Bruins have already announced that Ference and Jagr aren't coming back next year, which is no surprise. Their 2 big free agents are Rask and Horton. Rask is not going anywhere, but his salary will go up significantly. The talk around here is that if Horton comes back, they're going to have to get rid of 1 or 2 of their other guys on the main 23-man roster. I would be surprised if they trade their backup goalie as well because the AHL goalie can come up and be the backup next year.

I could see Horton staying for the right price. He'll want to make another run next year.

NO WAY JOSE! He just signed an extension.
Gotta love the silent Russians!

Ahhh. Did not know that. Good for the Kings, but they need to help him out somehow.

They are going to be awesome!!!
Jackets and Avs are going to face off for the cup in 2015:alien:

Annnnnd in unrelated news.. TV ratings in the US for the Stanley Cup Finals plummet horribly...... hahahahaha

I want Penner and Horton in Colorado next year.

Did I miss the part where Penner stopped getting injured by pancakes and playing lazily?

Hahaha you didn't miss anything. He still loves his pancakes and lazy. He performs in the playoffs though. Weird how that works...

In terms of the Hawks, we need to hold onto Bickell, but I feel like we won't. After what he did in the Playoffs, he'll want to get payed more then we can give him. Other then that, I think we'll be pretty quiet this offseason.

In terms of the Hawks, we need to hold onto Bickell, but I feel like we won't. After what he did in the Playoffs, he'll want to get payed more then we can give him. Other then that, I think we'll be pretty quiet this offseason.

Yeah the Hawks are set for a couple more years. Scary team with or without Bickell. Hey, the Kings will take Bickell. We'll pay him 2.5 million a year for the next 3 years! I'm dreaming...

I think adding bicks to the core would be smart. Hopefully this cup run gives him confidence heading into next year. I believe Bolland will be gone. Also Emery will be fighting for a starting spot somewhere

The Red Wings are rumored to be going hard after Bickell. I like his game a lot and he would be a good addition, plus Detroit can pay him.

I think adding bicks to the core would be smart. Hopefully this cup run gives him confidence heading into next year. I believe Bolland will be gone. Also Emery will be fighting for a starting spot somewhere

Ah. I forgot about Bolland IMO I'd rather have Bolland for less money then paying a ton for Bickell. Let Bickell go to Detroit (allegedly) and he won't fit in or get in the shifts that he thinks he deserves.

Bickell earned himself a big payday the same way Buff did a few years ago. Might be a product of their surroundings and system, but good for him.

Back