NHL 2013-2014 Season

I loved hearing Barry Melrose say the Avs were a team that could hang with Chicago and possibly have home ice against them. Never thought I'd be hearing that.

The scary part about it is how young that Avs team is and how many years they'll have together after this.

The scary part about it is how young that Avs team is and how many years they'll have together after this.
I hope the front office can keep the core together. I'll be curious to see how long Roy stays.

I think with the travel schedule and time constraints of the equipment guys and pilots I don't think this will ever happen. I like the shoot out and have no problem with the game ending this way. I see more penalty shots than I do 3 on 3 hockey and would prefer the game to end in a format you would see during a regular game.

I do hate the loser point, personally and many I'm sure will disagree but I would like to see two points for a win and nothing for a loss.

I would hate to have gotten zero points in a shutout that was won in a shootout. I like watching the shootouts just don't like it deciding SO Many games. and I know the time constraints but maybe they could add even another 2 minutes to the 4 on 4.

I would hate to have gotten zero points in a shutout that was won in a shootout. I like watching the shootouts just don't like it deciding SO Many games. and I know the time constraints but maybe they could add even another 2 minutes to the 4 on 4.

I hear ya but at the end of the season I would rather a team with more wins get into the post season and not a team that was good enough not lose during regulation and ot and I hate tie games. I think knowing you will get 0 points if you lose in ot or a shoot out might change the intensity and coaching for an ot game. I find a lot of teams get lazy in ot because they already get a point and will take their chances in the shoot out for the second.

I hear ya but at the end of the season I would rather a team with more wins get into the post season and not a team that was good enough not lose during regulation and ot and I hate tie games. I think knowing you will get 0 points if you lose in ot or a shoot out might change the intensity and coaching for an ot game. I find a lot of teams get lazy in ot because they already get a point and will take their chances in the shoot out for the second.

If it didn't end in a shootout I'd be fine with your idea. I just don't like the shootout deciding one point let alone 2.

Sounds like no one is giving the Avalanche a chance and I don't get it. They are 5th in the league and have as many wins as the Sharks in less games. They have taken the season series against the Hawks and no one is looking at them. I'm not buying into the experience argument either.

Holly horrible officiating. I'm a Leafs fan and all, but that call on the Bruins was brutal, as was the one previous on the Leafs.

Even the linemen were horrendous. Looked like the Temp officials from the NFL.

Sounds like no one is giving the Avalanche a chance and I don't get it. They are 5th in the league and have as many wins as the Sharks in less games. They have taken the season series against the Hawks and no one is looking at them. I'm not buying into the experience argument either.

Another Avs come from behind win tonight as this team just keeps finding a way to win playing great team hockey. They will have home ice against Chicago and were the better team this year (4-1). It sucks that with the new playoff seeding they will face the Blues before the Conference Championship even if they end up the 3rd seed. And there finally seems to be a commitment from ownership to keep this team together and make a sustained run at several Cups. MacKinnon will win Calder and Varlamov should win the Vezina as he will lead the league in wins without a stellar D in front of him. And Roy will be Coach of the Year (Jack Adams Award). I doubt any opponents will not take this team seriously, its the idiot media that are ignorant.

Another Avs come from behind win tonight as this team just keeps finding a way to win playing great team hockey. They will have home ice against Chicago and were the better team this year (4-1). It sucks that with the new playoff seeding they will face the Blues before the Conference Championship even if they end up the 3rd seed. And there finally seems to be a commitment from ownership to keep this team together and make a sustained run at several Cups. MacKinnon will win Calder and Varlamov should win the Vezina as he will lead the league in wins without a stellar D in front of him. And Roy will be Coach of the Year (Jack Adams Award). I doubt any opponents will not take this team seriously, its the idiot media that are ignorant.

Don't know about all the awards but I will agree with the Calder for Mackinnon.

#WhyNotUs

Love both Bernier and Ranger and I don't want to see someone injured but I do like seeing some type of retribution on a defenseman for pushing a player on top of his goalie. It happens a lot when guys are trying to get a goaltending interface penalty or to prevent a goal and I never understood why they do it for this very reason. I would like to see the play.

Bye bye Randy.

This Montreal @ Ottawa game is insane.

Caps are done.... Damn you Dev

How imsane? What am i missing?

It was 3-0 Ott after the first 8 min. Mtl tied it before the end of the first. Now 7-3 MTL and been multiple fits and big hits. Just been a really good game to watch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It was 3-0 Ott after the first 8 min. Mtl tied it before the end of the first. Now 7-3 MTL and been multiple fits and big hits. Just been a really good game to watch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Really!? 7-3!?

Big win today for Avs mentally. They know they can beat the Hawks but needed this for confidence against the Blues.

#peaking4playoffs

Well after a disapointing loss last night, tonight is yet another MUST win for the Caps....... Really the season is all but lost. Not sure I would want to watch this team in the playoffs because no matter who they play it would get ugly. Oh well some serious changes need to happen this off season.

Well after a disapointing loss last night, tonight is yet another MUST win for the Caps....... Really the season is all but lost. Not sure I would want to watch this team in the playoffs because no matter who they play it would get ugly. Oh well some serious changes need to happen this off season.
Seems like rinse and repeat for the under achieving Caps. Sad really sad. They have had too much talent to be in this situation year after year.

Seems like rinse and repeat for the under achieving Caps. Sad really sad. They have had too much talent to be in this situation year after year.

Yeah it really sucks. We keep hearing the players are young they will grow into winners blah blah. I am getting sick of it. Might be time to blow it up and start over. I hate to say because I am usually an optimistic fan but not this season.

Yeah it really sucks. We keep hearing the players are young they will grow into winners blah blah. I am getting sick of it. Might be time to blow it up and start over. I hate to say because I am usually an optimistic fan but not this season.

It must be really frustrating as a caps fan to see how Ovi plays. This guy is so talented that he could take the team into the playoffs almost by himself.

It must be really frustrating as a caps fan to see how Ovi plays. This guy is so talented that he could take the team into the playoffs almost by himself.

Yeah there are rumblings around here that if they miss the playoffs then trade him. At first I said no way but the more I thought about it didn't seem that crazy. It would certainly change the dynamic of the team but the Caps could still get a lot for him IMO.

I've been forced to watch some Caps games this year at work. I see a selfish one dimensional player in Ovi, not someone I would want to base my team on.

Big win today for Avs mentally. They know they can beat the Hawks but needed this for confidence against the Blues.

#peaking4playoffs
You got that right, come the playoffs those kinds of games will help big time.

Back