NHL 2013-2014 Season

Scott Stevens finished his career with a whopping 4 elbowing penalties. He hit hard and he hit clean. There is a responsibility of the player being hit to be aware of their surroundings. Don't skate with your head down.

The new rules don't care if someone had their head down or not, you cannot hit the head anymore. Stevens playing today would get 15 games in before being suspended for 30.
He was awesome and played within the rules at that time, but fact is he just couldn't play that way anymore.

Scott Stevens finished his career with a whopping 4 elbowing penalties. He hit hard and he hit clean. There is a responsibility of the player being hit to be aware of their surroundings. Don't skate with your head down.

They didn't call that stuff as much and he hit with his shoulder and forearms right on the jaw a lot. I'm no Lindros fan but he was 6'5" and for the most part skated pretty tall, Stevens targeted his head. The hit on Kariya was like a clothesline elbow if I remember it right.

Well the Caps play like that in one more of these remaining games and they will be on the course. Not sure what to think about this team any more, might be a blessing to miss the playoffs. Chance to blow it up and start over.....

Stevens was not a dirty player at all and would have been a force in today's NHL. Now guys like Probert Peluso I could go on would have never made it.

On another note you Canadians will love this.... My students all think I am from Canada because I love hockey and speak about it frequently I also have a beard. One of them said I just assumed you were Canadian. Haha

Could always send you a nice team Canada shirt and a Tims mug or something haha that would really get them going

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They didn't call that stuff as much and he hit with his shoulder and forearms right on the jaw a lot. I'm no Lindros fan but he was 6'5" and for the most part skated pretty tall, Stevens targeted his head. The hit on Kariya was like a clothesline elbow if I remember it right.

Might want to rewatch clips of both hits. Not sure I would agree at all on either hits.

Lindros was reaching for the puck. Stevens kept his elbow in, led with the shoulder and kept his feet on the ice.
Kariya hit was shoulder to chest. Size difference was the biggest factor there. This coming from a guy who was a massive Kariya fan

I don't get how so many people can say Brooks hits to injure. My status as a Pens fan aside, how the hell can you tell me what a player is thinking on the ice?

Might want to rewatch clips of both hits. Not sure I would agree at all on either hits.

Lindros was reaching for the puck. Stevens kept his elbow in, led with the shoulder and kept his feet on the ice.
Kariya hit was shoulder to chest. Size difference was the biggest factor there. This coming from a guy who was a massive Kariya fan

Watched them both again. You're right on Kariya and Lindros was reaching for the puck, both were shoulders to the jaw/head, both clean hits in that era, wouldn't be today. Like I said, I loved stevens when he played. I've thrown a few hits like that in the past and you know what your targeting is all I'm saying.

Weird how the topic of hitting and dirty hits comes up, then Douglas Murray lays a disgusting elbow on Kostka tonight.

Think we can all agree that one is dirty and has no place in the game.

Miller was insane phenomenal in the shut out win tonight. Hard to believe that's his first shutout in 2 years. That was a Hell of a hard fought game by both teams. Just glad my boys pulled it out in the SO.

On another note you Canadians will love this.... My students all think I am from Canada because I love hockey and speak about it frequently I also have a beard. One of them said I just assumed you were Canadian. Haha

You can be an honorary Canadian. Just start spelling it colour and really confuse them.

More proof that refs are blind.

Well the Caps play like that in one more of these remaining games and they will be on the course. Not sure what to think about this team any more, might be a blessing to miss the playoffs. Chance to blow it up and start over.....

No heart 5 on 5. If Ovi only wants to play on the PP and not care about team defense in the slightest it's going to be hard to get the team to believe in the concept. I wouldn't be surprised to see him break his contract at some time and go back to Russia.

Really happy about the Avs, Jackets game. Love the Colorado can dig out a win as we head down the stretch, #WhyNotUs. The Jackets I'm really wanting to get in the playoffs and win a round and even though it's only 1 point it helps keep them fighting for the wild card. Columbus has some great fans and it really shows up on Twitter I would love to live in that market and they deserve to have some success in the post season.

Miller was insane phenomenal in the shut out win tonight. Hard to believe that's his first shutout in 2 years. That was a Hell of a hard fought game by both teams. Just glad my boys pulled it out in the SO.

Amazing game to watch and although I do love watching the moves displayed they need to get rid of the shootout. To many points decided on a skills competition especially in such a tight checking game. I wanna see 3 on 3 next year and see if they helps knock some of these shootouts out.

Amazing game to watch and although I do love watching the moves displayed they need to get rid of the shootout. To many points decided on a skills competition especially in such a tight checking game. I wanna see 3 on 3 next year and see if they helps knock some of these shootouts out.

How long do you go 5 on 3? Until someone scores I guess? Or after X amount of time move to the SO anyhow?

How long do you go 5 on 3? Until someone scores I guess? Or after X amount of time move to the SO anyhow?

3 on 3? Yeah 5 minutes 4 on 4 5 minutes 3 on 3 then shootout.

Don't know why I typed 5 on 3 haha. I like that idea a lot though.

It's funny how some people want hockey to be more of a skills competition and others want to do away with the biggest skills competition in the game, the shootout. I don't know if 3 on 3 is the answer, I think I'd prefer a longer 4 on 4 frame. But who knows, I like the shootout, just wish they got more than 5 minutes of OT.

It's funny how some people want hockey to be more of a skills competition and others want to do away with the biggest skills competition in the game, the shootout. I don't know if 3 on 3 is the answer, I think I'd prefer a longer 4 on 4 frame. But who knows, I like the shootout, just wish they got more than 5 minutes of OT.

I for one would go back to tie games.... I hate the idea of giving points to a losing team

Chicago-Blackhawks.png

Stars in the 8th spot with a game in hand on the Coyotes. It's gonna come down to the end. Just get into the dance and who knows what can happen.

[video=youtube;V8kLHfu-GSY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kLHfu-GSY[/video]

Murray hit. Received a match-penalty for hitting to the head and will face a hearing call.

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but am watching the Red Wings-Bruins game and saw that there's a chance that these teams could meet in the first round. I don't think the Bruins would be too happy about that as a reward for being #1 in the East, especially with Datsyuk getting healthy soon.

I think with the travel schedule and time constraints of the equipment guys and pilots I don't think this will ever happen. I like the shoot out and have no problem with the game ending this way. I see more penalty shots than I do 3 on 3 hockey and would prefer the game to end in a format you would see during a regular game.

I do hate the loser point, personally and many I'm sure will disagree but I would like to see two points for a win and nothing for a loss.

I loved hearing Barry Melrose say the Avs were a team that could hang with Chicago and possibly have home ice against them. Never thought I'd be hearing that.

Back