NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is going to be in deep sh*t regarding the release of the news surrounding Boogaard.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Such an awful story.

Such an awful story.

To be honest, stories like his... Are why I have in my will my brain gets donated to concussion research should something ever happen. I've had a few terrible concussions and been through the depression symptoms and everything that goes with it. If I can help fix this I will

but... fighting is the best part of the game!

but... fighting is the best part of the game!

Oh absolutely and I would never want it out of the game. Just more needs to be done to help with concussions

He failed something like 14 drug tests through his career, but was never suspended by the league or the Rangers .... That's a big red flag.

???? You thought were being mean to each other? huh, I thought we were communicating.

Crest is the man, he's freakin awesome, with or without a silver bullet.
Communication is key... I think I am blushing Hahaha

I am not sleeping on the Bolts. The Panthers could bite some teams in the ass though. They don't get much media attention but dang they are good.

All I know is one of my teams has to win the cup.
Well of course they are, you have 16 teams in the playoffs.
Lol that makes my night, I'll be a realist though and say I don't see either of my teams making it out of the first round... Unless they play each other, than whoever wins is out second round
I thought the Red Wings would play the Bolts as long as they make it?

He failed something like 14 drug tests through his career, but was never suspended by the league or the Rangers .... That's a big red flag.

I still don't understand why the league should be liable for a personal choice an athlete makes be it drugs or putting his body in harm's way. We all have choices and it is everyone's job to examine the consequences of the choice. Enough of this hand holding and pointing fingers elsewhere people need to take it on the chops with the choices they make.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Today's going to be freakin' nerve wracking for me. Stupid Bruins once again getting down to their last game to see if they're going to be in the playoffs or not.

I still don't understand why the league should be liable for a personal choice an athlete makes be it drugs or putting his body in harm's way. We all have choices and it is everyone's job to examine the consequences of the choice. Enough of this hand holding and pointing fingers elsewhere people need to take it on the chops with the choices they make.

To protect everyone, not only the player being tested. If that's the case, then don't have rules and drug tests to begin with.

Going to be an awesome day of hockey

Today's going to be freakin' nerve wracking for me. Stupid Bruins once again getting down to their last game to see if they're going to be in the playoffs or not.

I'm not really nervous because they don't control there own destiny. They have sucked the last 2-3 weeks and couldn't wrap it up earlier.

To protect everyone, not only the player being tested. If that's the case, then don't have rules and drug tests to begin with.

So to protect everyone families and players (not just the NHL) point fingers because of the dangers of the sport/ taking something illegal. All things the individual knows when making that choice. Not to mention these were tests that were given under the substance abuse program not the NHL or NHLPA drug testing program both of which are not notified of the testing or results under the substance abuse program they stay confidential . That said my point is the individual was the one who made these choices not the NHL. One of the "failed" tests was for Xanax that one along with some others probably would not have failed a NHL drug test. People need to be responsible for themselves and ultimately they have the consequences to deal with although sometimes awful .

So to protect everyone families and players (not just the NHL) point fingers because of the dangers of the sport/ taking something illegal. All things the individual knows when making that choice. Not to mention these were tests that were given under the substance abuse program not the NHL or NHLPA drug testing program both of which are not notified of the testing or results under the substance abuse program they stay confidential . That said my point is the individual was the one who made these choices not the NHL. One of the "failed" tests was for Xanax that one along with some others probably would not have failed a NHL drug test. People need to be responsible for themselves and ultimately they have the consequences to deal with although sometimes awful .

I'm not disagreeing with your point regarding the person's choice, but if I work for something like a trucking company, I fail a drug test, I'm either suspended or fired. The Rangers did nothing. If the league is not informed on the results, then maybe that's a problem with the current policy. We're talking about an issue that is leading to the death of players and long term issues. I personally think it's a moral obligation to start taking action to prevent these sort of issues arising, not only in hockey, but in contact sports.

I'm not disagreeing with your point regarding the person's choice, but if I work for something like a trucking company, I fail a drug test, I'm either suspended or fired. The Rangers did nothing. If the league is not informed on the results, then maybe that's a problem with the current policy. We're talking about an issue that is leading to the death of players and long term issues. I personally think it's a moral obligation to start taking action to prevent these sort of issues arising, not only in hockey, but in contact sports.

I think the issue with the report is the way the media is reporting this. The Rangers and NHL and NHLPA are not notified of substance abuse program testing or even participation. This is all confidential between the doctors and player. This is done so if the player has issues they can feel like they can go somewhere to get help not just get punished right away. That said the doctors can pull the plug and notify the team if they feel it is needed (so doctor liability sure I can buy that). All the tests he failed were under this program so they were not given by the NHL or the NHLPA thus they didn't know the results. The media is making it appear these were NHL drugs test but they were not and multiple tests he would have passed had it been an NHL test. That said the NHL drug testing is a joke as is but in this case the media is twisting it a bit to make a story.

I think the issue with the report is the way the media is reporting this. The Rangers and NHL and NHLPA are not notified of substance abuse program testing or even participation. This is all confidential between the doctors and player. That said the doctors can pull the plug and notify the team if they feel it is needed (so doctor liability sure I can buy that). All the tests he failed were under this program so they were not given by the NHL or the NHLPA thus they didn't know the results. The media is making it appear these were NHL drugs test but they were not and multiple tests he would have passed had it been an NHL test. That said the NHL drug testing is a joke as is but in this case the media is twisting it a bit to make a story.

Though, the doctors giving the test are employed by the NHL.

Though, the doctors giving the test are employed by the NHL.

True but if the program is truly confidential the NHL should not know anything about any of it. I actually think the doctors were employees by the NHLPA as well not the NHL but could be wrong on that.

True but if the program is truly confidential the NHL should not know anything about any of it. I actually think the doctors were employees by the NHLPA as well not the NHL but could be wrong on that.

CTV reported as them being employees of the NHL, though that may be wrong, but that's what I was basing it off of. Ultimately, due to confidentiality, it's the doctors to make the call, but they're working on behave of NHL/NHLPA.

To be honest, stories like his... Are why I have in my will my brain gets donated to concussion research should something ever happen. I've had a few terrible concussions and been through the depression symptoms and everything that goes with it. If I can help fix this I will
I consider myself lucky that over 20+ years of hockey and other contact sports I've never had a concussion. Pretty sure I dished out a few though. Not proud of it but never was a concern, wanted to lay the big hit, just part of the game. The heightened focus on the effects of concussions could very well change a lot about contact sports.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

WHY ARE THERE TWO HOCKEY GAMES ON RIGHT NOW AND NEITHER OF THEM ARE ON TV!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY ARE THERE TWO HOCKEY GAMES ON RIGHT NOW AND NEITHER OF THEM ARE ON TV!!!!!!!!

Pens Flyers at 3

Red wings goal over turned? And then the B's score? Damnit!

beacuse Masters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back