Niblick Unboxing & Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few threads on this one and here they are ready to be tested out. I hope we like them as much as we liked the 42* version.

708180152_pScQ6-L-1.jpg

708180093_pbSwq-L-1.jpg

708180054_qsFAa-L-1.jpg

708182068_cgjXn-L-1.jpg

This will be a fun one!

This is another one you can accidentally put my address on when you send the 49° back! hehe (I keep saying it, but it never happens, what's up with that!?)

JB has to have something to stick in those tour bags, lol.

• Admin
JB has to have something to stick in those tour bags, lol.

That is funny. But clubs are only kept outside. Other than some of my favorite putters on the putter rack we have.

Remind me what the purpose of those are?

• Admin
Wait one of them doesnt have the insert in the back? The second pic both have the insert and the third pic one is missing. Whats going on here!

• Admin
Wait one of them doesnt have the insert in the back? The second pic both have the insert and the third pic one is missing. Whats going on here!

just angle of the camera. They both have the gel insert.

Are the grooves conforming if one wanted to use them is a usga sanctioned event after December 31st?

No they are not.

They have the Zip Grooves, but I'm surprised they didn't do the etching like on the cg15's

They have the Zip Grooves, but I'm surprised they didn't do the etching like on the cg15's

Due,
I am as well actually.

Any noticeable differences between the 49* and the 42*, other than loft?

Any noticeable differences between the 49* and the 42*, other than loft?

Not sure as of yet. These will get their first mini-testing at the range this evening.

Response direct from Cleveland.

The NIBLICK line was launched at the end of 2008. The new lofts were
line additions to that particular line that was launched with short iron
hybrid technology + ZIP Grooves technology at a $109 retail price. For
consistent performance, each loft in the model features the same
technology as the originals.

Laser milled technology is the featured technology on the CG15 wedges.

Wow, thanks JB! I still can't help but think the laser technology would be beneficial, but I'm sure re-tooling a line would be costly and time consuming. I can't wait for your results.

Looking forward to how both test out, especially the 56 out of a bunker.

I'm also looking forward to the 56 review from the bunker, seems like this should make the sand game more forgiving with the wide sole.

I expect the review to be similar to the lower lofted club reviews. I may replace my 50° with the 49° Niblick since I usually only use it when I am somewhat close to the green and for chipping anyway. Then my wife can have the 50° wedge back.

I am very interested in picking one of these up. I was looking at the 49, but if the 56 works well out of the sand and is versatile enough for other shots around the green, it would be tough to beat.

If you carry wedges what does one need these for, can you take a full swing with one?

If you carry wedges what does one need these for, can you take a full swing with one?

Yes. We have reviewed them and I have given you the link to that review. In it, we discuss just about every shot you can hit with it. Including full swings.

This is from the review that JB posted the link to an earluier question:

The best way to describe the Cleveland Niblick is to say it is part hybrid, iron, wedge, and putter all rolled up into one club. It combines the loft of an 8 or 9 iron and looks similar to some of those super game improvement hybrid/irons that people are playing right now. It is a classic piece of technology with an extremely modern twist. I will say this throughout this review, this club is NOT just a chipper. At setup it looks a bit odd at first, but you quickly become used to it. It sets up like a hybrid but has a much different feel. The weighting is much heavier which is great around the greens, however did take a few swings to get used on full shots. Once you get used to the looks (took me 10 minutes) you are all set. This is NOT just a chipper.

EDIT: Too slow.

Any preliminary thoughts from your range session?

I think I want a 49*. Badly. And soon... so I'm trusting you guys to give me the scoop because I might need to order it sight-unseen having only messed around with the 42*

Back