Niblick Unboxing & Thread

that's exactly what I'm looking to improve upon in my game. thanks JB!

That is the one I game TH. I find it to be the most versatile. But it really depends on what someone is going to use it for. I like the 56* because I can still chip with it if needed. But it also helps me out quite a bit with the shorter side of the greens, bunkers if needed, trouble spots, etc...

How far do you hit your 37* / 42* Niblicks?

the 37* I hit about 135 and the 42* 120

So if one was to only buy 1 Niblick to try out, what loft would you get? The 56*?

I favor the 42*, I say that cause I have yet to master the 56* as well as JB has. I used the 56* out of the sand but had difficulty on full shots and also around the green is did not feel as comfortable as I do with the 42* but of course like everything else in golf it is personal preference.

that's exactly what I'm looking to improve upon in my game. thanks JB!

Thats the one I am wanting to get, the 56 degree, I use my Vokey 56 prob half the round, I might as well get a better club, err well an easier to hit club

Thats the one I am wanting to get, the 56 degree, I use my Vokey 56 prob half the round, I might as well get a better club, err well an easier to hit club

look how well pops hit it in georgia. that club probably saved him 4-5 strokes when i played with him. there was no way he was letting old gray take that back home with him.

i wish i would've tried bama's but it was the 42*. i am only interested in the 56*

I'm tempted to add a 37* but then there really would be no need for my 9i and PW at all. I hit the 42* abuot 120 on a full swing so the 37* should be about 135 or so...what to do, what to do...

I'm tempted to add a 37* but then there really would be no need for my 9i and PW at all. I hit the 42* abuot 120 on a full swing so the 37* should be about 135 or so...what to do, what to do...

I went through the same thinking and you saw what I did... maybe swing the 37 and see if you like it.. it feels very similar to the 42 in my opinion

Yeah, I would lean towards the 56 instead but I play way to well out of the sand and chipping in situations where I need to open it way up with my 58* Vokey. The 37 would be the next logical choice for me, really I'd just have to drop the PW to fit it in, I never use my PW anyways.

The 56 Niblick is great around the green. I noticed you bag a 588 RS like I do, which I love out of the rough. If you replace your 54 Vokey with the 56 Niblick, you might find yourself a big gap to your PW. Looks like you don't carry 14 clubs? If you have room, a 49 Niblick might fit the gap nicely. Also, if you like your wife's 42 Niblick, I think the 56 feels very different and the 49 feels a lot closer. The 49 is also good for chipping when you want about equal or less roll-to-air time. The 49 is also great for longer pitch shots, or when you have a little green to roll.
Thanks JB

Really liked her 42 Niblick and I'm thinking of replacing my Vokey 54° with a 56° Niblick. I generally use my 60° out of the bunker and thought the 56° Niblick would be a very nice addition to the bag for around the greens and for 100 yds in (my pitch is the worst part of my short game). I can see that the Niblick could help me reduce my score and I can use all the help I can get.

Last edited:
I like my 52 Vokey for 105-90 yds. I'm thinking of replacing my 58 wedge for the 56 Niblick. I hit my 58 Vokey about 75 yds. How far do you think a full swing 56 niblick would go?

Hey TH,

I have had my 56 for a while and just recently returned it to the bag (3 rounds ago) and must say my sand shots have improved immensly. For instance today I was in the bunker twice and easily got out with the 56. One one hole at 185 yd par 3 my tee shot hit the bunker. I took the niblick out and had about a 30 footer from the sand to the green. I hit smoothly thru the ball with the 56 and it came out softly bounced on the green and rolled out to within 3 feet and saved par.

See More,

How far do you hit the 56 full swing?

Funny thing is I dont ever use it for a full swing. I have only used it for sand and some chipping. I read that most people hit it 100 or so yards but at that distance my GW is my club and works pretty good from that distance. I really need to try the Nib on some fulls so I know and have another option.

Most people hit the 56 Niblick just shy of their 56 wedge, so I'd guess 75-80 yards for you.
I like my 52 Vokey for 105-90 yds. I'm thinking of replacing my 58 wedge for the 56 Niblick. I hit my 58 Vokey about 75 yds. How far do you think a full swing 56 niblick would go?

I just played my third round with my niblick. This club is ridiculous! I've never had so much confidence around the green as I do with the niblick. I nearly chipped in 3 times today! I'm still getting used to the distance on full shots, but I think this club could finally help me break 80. I've shot 80 on the nose 3 times.

Thanks for the responses. I figured the 56 Niblick would replace my 58 degree Vokey yardage wise. I think its worth a look.

I was able to use the 56* in the sand quite a bit yesterday- not so good. I really struggled with it. The sand was really really wet so that may have had something to do with it. Very frustrating.

I have had a 42 for quite awhile now and I recently got a 37. I love these clubs for full shots. I hit the 37 degree 145-150yds and the 42 in the 130-135yd range. It's just ridiculous how easy these things are to hit. I have been using the 42 for chipping around the green but due to lack of practice I'm still pretty bad at it.

I'm planning on getting the other 2 lofts as well and I wish I could replace all of my irons with Niblicks. The 2 I carry now have replaced my 7, 8, and 9.

Geez I want a 37 even more now.

Good grief, this place is going to be the end of me.

Geez I want a 37 even more now.

Good grief, this place is going to be the end of me.

Me too. Everything in my sig and quite a bit more has been bought because of reviews from this site. I was going to retire this year but I need to keep feeding the habit.:D

Me too. Everything in my sig and quite a bit more has been bought because of reviews from this site. I was going to retire this year but I need to keep feeding the habit.:D

I feel ya, everything in my bag except the 3DX Pro's and the Vokey are here because of the reviews/info on the site.

The thing about it though, all the reviews have been spot on and have all helped to improve my game. No BS here, that why I love it.

On topic, I think I'll have to sell some more excess to fund a 37, these things have not only instilled confidence in my ability to shoot to score, but they've helped my tempo and rythym for my irons as well, a win/win.

Well I have been using my 56* niblick to chip for the last 54 holes or so. I've chipped in again with it. I hve 2 chip ins so far this year, which doubles my lifetime total, lol. Today I put two chips 1 foot from the cup using it. I had a real hard time with it atfirst but once I started to do 'hinge and hold' ala Mickleson, I started to get some touch.

I still mishit it, a blade or deceleration(sp?), but my good chips are definatelty gettig better and I'm see more of them.

I also have started to pitch with it. I don't have the same touch but the ball doesn't move from where it lands.

I haven't used it for a full swing yet and haven't figured out how to use it in the sand. I'm hoping some one answers TwoSolitudes question about sand play. I'm finding I rarely use my 56* SW now except fo full shots

I was able to use the 56* in the sand quite a bit yesterday- not so good. I really struggled with it. The sand was really really wet so that may have had something to do with it. Very frustrating.

When using my niblick in wet sand or hard packed sand and the ball is sitting on top, I try and pick it clean using a chipping stroke. Much better results.

Well I have been using my 56* niblick to chip for the last 54 holes or so. I've chipped in again with it. I hve 2 chip ins so far this year, which doubles my lifetime total, lol. Today I put two chips 1 foot from the cup using it. I had a real hard time with it atfirst but once I started to do 'hinge and hold' ala Mickleson, I started to get some touch.

I still mishit it, a blade or deceleration(sp?), but my good chips are definatelty gettig better and I'm see more of them.

I also have started to pitch with it. I don't have the same touch but the ball doesn't move from where it lands.

I haven't used it for a full swing yet and haven't figured out how to use it in the sand. I'm hoping some one answers TwoSolitudes question about sand play. I'm finding I rarely use my 56* SW now except fo full shots
That's great, Bortass.

Back