Nickent Arc Blades

amollerud

Reaction score
Handicap
+1.8
Well guys I finally broke down and bought myself a new set of sticks. I have been in the process of slowly changing out all of the equipment in the bag. I hope most of you noticed that I had changed the driver to the Nickent 4DX and the hybrid to the Nickent 5DX 3 iron and the 3 wood was replace by the Nickent 5DX 1 iron. Today I made the leap and added the Nickent Arc Blades to the bag. After trying them for the review and trying many many other irons I can't find a set that feels better or preforms as well for me. These irons are awesome. They are by far the best blades that I have ever hit! The workability with these things is incredable and for a blade they are the MOST forgiving I have hit. I had no plans when I set out on this little adventure to re-make the bag, but it is slowly becoming an all Nickent bag. For me they fit and feel the best. I will let you know about the wedges soon......

That is great news Andy. I dont think either one of us ever thought Nickent would be a contender for our personal bags, but it sure has. Glad to see you broke down and ordered a set. We are playing on Thursday and I look forward to seeing them in action.

I can't wait to get these things out on the course. Thursday seems so far off. I feel like a kid at christmas right now. I am so thirlled with the purchase!!!!

I saw the picture of DD's. They sure are purdy.

You will get to see mine live and in living color on Thursday!!! If I can get the camera from my daughter in the near future I will put up some picks.....or show them off in some upcoming episodes of THP TV! How about that?

Congrats! Those are great looking sticks.
Have some fun bro!

I was close to buying them back in May. I tried and tried to find some to hit to no avail so I ended up buying my 57's instead.

Well guys I finally broke down and bought myself a new set of sticks. I have been in the process of slowly changing out all of the equipment in the bag. I hope most of you noticed that I had changed the driver to the Nickent 4DX and the hybrid to the Nickent 5DX 3 iron and the 3 wood was replace by the Nickent 5DX 1 iron. Today I made the leap and added the Nickent Arc Blades to the bag. After trying them for the review and trying many many other irons I can't find a set that feels better or preforms as well for me. These irons are awesome. They are by far the best blades that I have ever hit! The workability with these things is incredable and for a blade they are the MOST forgiving I have hit. I had no plans when I set out on this little adventure to re-make the bag, but it is slowly becoming an all Nickent bag. For me they fit and feel the best. I will let you know about the wedges soon......

Andy... glad you jumped on board. These are amazing sticks.... I haven't even felt their true power! I can't wait to experience these clubs in beautiful 85 degree weather...

Congrats on the new blades, those are beautiful clubs!

Congrats, are you gonna go the same route with your wedges? I see your still looking in your sig.

Its always nice getting new kit isnt it!! - I have just got my Nickent wedges this morning...need to get half inch added to theshaft and regripped before playing though!

I notice that you have gone for a the 1 iron hybrid instead of a 3 wood....what was the reason for this and hows it worked out. It is something i myself am considering at the moment.

Paul

Its always nice getting new kit isnt it!! - I have just got my Nickent wedges this morning...need to get half inch added to theshaft and regripped before playing though!

I notice that you have gone for a the 1 iron hybrid instead of a 3 wood....what was the reason for this and hows it worked out. It is something i myself am considering at the moment.

Paul

glad to hear you picked up some wedges.... planning on doing the same myself

plenty of time before the season starts though

glad to hear you picked up some wedges.... planning on doing the same myself

plenty of time before the season starts though

In england the season never stops!!!

...Well ok, for most it does, but i have just kept playing through winter, few more layers, buy some hot hands and mitts and yer laughing. My record to date is playing in Minus 8* celsius (17.6 Fareinheit i think if the converter worked!!).
Oh yeah....and it rains a lot.

Managed to pick em up for $60 of US ebay....sadly the p&p almost doubled that. But still less than i would pay for second hand vokeys (which i aint a huge fan of). And the only other clubs i wanted - cleveland cg11 black pearls and eidolons are never on ebay for reasonable money either.

In england the season never stops!!!

...Well ok, for most it does, but i have just kept playing through winter, few more layers, buy some hot hands and mitts and yer laughing. My record to date is playing in Minus 8* celsius (17.6 Fareinheit i think if the converter worked!!).
Oh yeah....and it rains a lot.

Managed to pick em up for $60 of US ebay....sadly the p&p almost doubled that. But still less than i would pay for second hand vokeys (which i aint a huge fan of). And the only other clubs i wanted - cleveland cg11 black pearls and eidolons are never on ebay for reasonable money either.

the season only stops here because of snow cover... temp wise I'll play in anything but until the snow melts I am off the course, sadly. :bicker:

We've been fortunate to only have a small amount of snow once. .... and it was on a day where i wasnt playing golf too!! bonus!!!

I'd love to get out there some day... I have friends over in Jersey that I met while playing at Ballybunion. Pictures from their home club (Royal Jersey GC) look amazing... some day

To change the subject a bit....I am shopping for the wedges now. I am trying a new 60 as we speak. I will let you know what I end up going with. I love the blades and I am thrilled with the new hybrids. To answer the question earlier in the thread I went with the 5DX 1 iron to replace my 3 wood. It was a very easy move to make for a couple of reasons. The 5DX is easy to hit high and work. From what I have seen to this point I am able to carry the 5DX just as far as the 3 wood with one big plus....I can control the trajectory and move the ball easier with the 5DX then I could with the 3 wood. DD I can't wait for you to get down here and have a little battle of the Arc blades. Hehe.

To change the subject a bit....I am shopping for the wedges now. I am trying a new 60 as we speak. I will let you know what I end up going with. I love the blades and I am thrilled with the new hybrids. To answer the question earlier in the thread I went with the 5DX 1 iron to replace my 3 wood. It was a very easy move to make for a couple of reasons. The 5DX is easy to hit high and work. From what I have seen to this point I am able to carry the 5DX just as far as the 3 wood with one big plus....I can control the trajectory and move the ball easier with the 5DX then I could with the 3 wood. DD I can't wait for you to get down here and have a little battle of the Arc blades. Hehe.

My range is heated but they did a terrible job on its construction. Lately, there havent been many people there and I found a small blindspot where the lady can't see me so I have been recently practicing off the grass. This is a mat only range but it's great striking these off true turf. I have only played the ARC blades in bitter late fall conditions and they still performed well.

.... seriously? a battle? haha... I may go on a tear but you clearly have the advantage on me there. I may just try to limp away without getting to much a beating!

To answer the question earlier in the thread I went with the 5DX 1 iron to replace my 3 wood. It was a very easy move to make for a couple of reasons. The 5DX is easy to hit high and work. From what I have seen to this point I am able to carry the 5DX just as far as the 3 wood with one big plus....I can control the trajectory and move the ball easier with the 5DX then I could with the 3 wood. .

Cheers for the reply

I am guessing it is the 14* hybrid you have vs a 15* 3 wood?

It is a 13* hybrid that he has. The 5DX 1 iron.

13 degree! wow, a "spoon" hybrid... that thing must just rocket off the face with a low launch angle

Wow....never thought i would see a hybrid that strong!!

Just checked out the website and sure enough all the lofts are different on the 5DX to the 4dx. Seems a bit of an odd step....they could have just introduced a 1+ at 13* or (12.5 if they were desperate to keep 1.5* gaps) and kept the other lofts the same!

This club justs rockets the ball for me and at 13* it is really easy to hit. I love it! I also carry the 3 iron with 18.5* and it has filled the gaps very well. The 5DX hybrids are the real deal people. They are hot and so easy to hit!

Back