bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Just so JB or someone else doesn't jump on us for thread jacking I figured I'd start a new thread. :angry: :smile:

I like the X22s also, have you checked out the Nickent 4DX CBs? http://www.nickentgolf.com/newweb/pr_ir-4dx_cb.shtml
There are so many quality choices it will make your headspin,lol. Last I checked TGW had TM R7 draw irons on sale for $399, with steel shafts.

That was pulled from the Contest Winners thread.

I had not really looked at the Nickents until you posted those. I checked Golfsmith and I like the look of the clubs. I'll have to hit them and see if I like them. One question I have though is would I be better off get the 3-PW set that is all irons or the set with the 3H, 4H, 5-PW. From what I've heard I can't go wrong getting the set with the Hybrids included with it. If I buy the hybrid set I can get a "free" Nickent driver as long as I order by September 30, 2008. :roll: I think they forgot to take that special off the site.

My head is already spinning from all the choices.

I looked at the R7 Draw's but I don't think I want to go that route even though the price is nice.

Bogey,
When I demo'd the set, I was given the 5-PW and because I already had the hybrids it worked perfectly for me. I really have no use for a 3-4 iron since I play the hybrids. I hope this helps.

Since when has a thread ever stayed totally on topic:confused2:

I understand what you're saying about the choices. I plan on playing the iron's I have now at least one more season. I personally would be looking for a hybrid/iron set. Of course the only way to find out is to go out and hit them. Unless you are Scooter, then you can keep buying and trading until you find a set you like.:act-up:

Bogey,
The way I do it, is pick out all the irons you want to try and hit one by one and not think about what brand it is. So far my favorite two that we have covered are the Nickent 4DX Pros and the Nike Split Cavity. But it is all preference.

Since when has a thread ever stayed totally on topic:confused2:

I understand what you're saying about the choices. I plan on playing the iron's I have now at least one more season. I personally would be looking for a hybrid/iron set. Of course the only way to find out is to go out and hit them. Unless you are Scooter, then you can keep buying and trading until you find a set you like.:act-up:

I know only a very few threads stay on topic but I figured since it's a thread we want the sponsors to see we should try to keep it as clean as posible.

I'll look into the hybrid combo set. I've never really hit a hybrid so I'm not sure how that will go for me. They kind of intimidate me because they remind me of my driver and 3-wood and the only thing consistant I do with those is hit them inconsistantly. :alien2: These clubs are in the same price range that I'm already looking at so that won't cause a problem with the "boss/accountant".

Check out the 3DX hybrids Bogey. They are extremely easy to hit.

Hybrids are extremely easy to hit. My problem is I play a draw and most of the ones I have tried were so offset they turned my draw in to a hard hook. Plus I can hit my long irons pretty well still.

The best advice is what JB said, take a bunch to a range(if possible) and hit them all and don't think about brand. Get what fits you and what you feel comfortable with.

Hey Bogey... Check out the lofts of the irons and hybrids and see where you can mix and match and come up with a consistant gap of lofts in between clubs.

Hey Bogey... Check out the lofts of the irons and hybrids and see where you can mix and match and come up with a consistant gap of lofts in between clubs.

Here is the chart from Nickent's website.

4DX CB IRON
MODEL LOFT
#3 IW 20°
#4 IW 23°
#3 IR 18°
#4 IR 21°
#5 IR 24°
#6 IR 29.5°
#7 IR 33°
#8 IR 37°
#9 IR 41°
PW IR 45°
GW IR 50°
SW IR 55°

Nickent has some rather strange loft choices IMO. I've got a set of 3dx Pro's with PX 7.0 on the way and can't figure out what to do with the 3/4 irons. They are 21* and 23* respectively and the 5i is 25*... Only 2* difference??? It seems weird but I'll wait until I hit them and then probably drop either the 3 or 4. PW is strong at 46* but I can get an Arc II wedge (awesome wedges) to plug that gap.

Nickent has great products. Distribution is awful IMO, but great products.

An Arc II wedge?
Do you mean the Nickent Arc Wedges we reviewed on the main site and gave away? I dont know of an Arc 2?

They had a previous generation Arc wedge. The new version (II ?) is the ones with the green dots on the back. Maybe bad terminology on my part but I do know there was a previous generation, maybe called genex arc or something.

That is correct 307. These new wedges are some fine pieces of equipment. I got rid of my Vokeys for them. You can check out the review on the main page if you would like.

I'll go look for it. I've got vokeys, callaway x forged, and a couple of others that are sitting in the 'second string' bag. The arc's are really great. Need a 50 and 62 now (current versions are bent from 60 and 52...) Very durable as well and won't rip the covers off the ball. But I'll go find your review...:)

I love them and Bogeyme on this site won one in our giveaway last week.

I have been playing the Nickent 4DX Pro irons for a few weeks now since the review. They are so nice. I recently purchased my Nike Split Cavitys, so I am not sure they will replace them. But anybody looking for irons, these should be tried. Soft as butter.

Also, for anyone interested in the Hybrid Irons, Rock Bottom has several sets on sale right now:

3DX Red Hybrid Irons (3H,4H,5-9,PW) - Stiff Graphite - $199.99
3DX Hybrid Irons (3H,4H,5-9,PW) - Reg/Stiff Graphite - $199.99
3DX RC Hybrid Irons (3H,4H,5-9,PW) - Reg Graphite -$349.99
3DX RC Hybrid Irons (3H,4H,5-9,PW) - Reg/Stiff Graphite/Steel - $279.99

Back