Nicotine and Golf - How does it affect your game?

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
Inspired by d_in_la's caffeine thread, how does nicotine effect your play on the course, if it does at all? Do you use nicotine to try and help your mindset and your game?

Really trying to quit, but history says it helps me.

I've dipped snuff or chewed tobacco since my mid teens, if you see me I have a can or pouch within reach.
Whether it helps or hurts my game, I can't say. But I do know I'm not fun to be around without.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helps judge the wind :)

If I don't have a dip of skoal mint in mouth 17 out of 18 holes then there's something wrong. If I forget my tin, kiss that round goodbye haha. But on a serious note, I've wanted to quit for a while I just can't get myself there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see, I stopped smoking 10 years ago after smoking 22 years, First couple of rounds after quitting i was MAD AT EVERYTHING, I could putt one and it sneak in the side instead of going straight in And I was mad, After that no problems

As a former cigarette smoker (and an occasional e cig smoker) I've enjoyed the ritual of smoking. I think a little puff of vapor a few times a round can help me stay in routine, and just focus on the moment in the round.

I can proudly say, I don't smoke and never have.
The only way nicotine affects my game is when I get furious about the total MORON smokers that throw their butts down and leave them.
If you dispose of your butts properly, I am not talking about you.

Gives me something to do between shots. I can do without. But I have been known to partake.

Don't really smoke except the occasional cigar. The last time I had a cigar on a course I got a little lightheaded and it ruined the rest of the round. So I really just stay away from tobacco all together.

Back when I smoked, I definitely smoked a lot more when I was at the golf course. I don't know if it was a nerves thing or what, but I've been nicotine free for 6 years now and am a better golfer now that when I was smoking.

I smoke when I play golf or out drinking. I don't smoke any other time. On the course it calms me down and out drinking it's habit for bar tending 8 years.

I don't think it makes a difference, but on the other hand, I have never golfed better since I quit. I think I take it more serious than when I chewed though.

I will smoke the occasional cigar, depending on who I am playing with. I don't think it effects my game besides the fact that it gets kind of annoying keeping it in your mouth or trying to put it somewhere when your trying to swing. It's more annoyance than anything for me.

Nicotine makes everything better. I'd have an IV hooked up if I could.

I do find that some mentholatum keeps my drives in play. Or at least I tell myself that.

Back