Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

I am a big fan of the Power Distance SOFT balls from Nike. they seem feel real good

I am a big fan of the Power Distance SOFT balls from Nike. they seem feel real good

I loved those balls as well. They got chewed up with my wedges though. Once I got more consistent with my swing, I found that I lost distance off of the driver with them. They are great for scrambles though.

Just read about this ball in the new Golf magazine. Lower weighted resin core means higher weighted outer layers, apparently leading to more sustained spin after the ball reaches its apex. So, apparently, this ball launches with 100-200 less spin than the previous Nike Tour ball (which is a good thing for faster Swing speeds), but maintains that lower spin longer helping keep the ball airborn on drives, and preserves iron spin longer creating more stopping power on the greens.

It should theoretically also be more resistent to wind effects. And its supposed to generate 2 to 3 mph additional ball speed over the previous tour ball. I like that Nike is trying something new here to gain an advantage. Look forward to trying this one out in a couple months.

Just read about this ball in the new Golf magazine. Lower weighted resin core means higher weighted outer layers, apparently leading to more sustained spin after the ball reaches its apex. So, apparently, this ball launches with 100-200 less spin than the previous Nike Tour ball (which is a good thing for faster Swing speeds), but maintains that lower spin longer helping keep the ball airborn on drives, and preserves iron spin longer creating more stopping power on the greens.

It should theoretically also be more resistent to wind effects. And its supposed to generate 2 to 3 mph additional ball speed over the previous tour ball. I like that Nike is trying something new here to gain an advantage. Look forward to trying this one out in a couple months.

Thanks for the info G4L, I'm also really looking forward to gaming this when it comes out.

pics of ball

I love the NIKE One Tour so I would give this ball a try, but the packaging and name are pretty bad.

PD Soft packaging is probably the worst to me...reminds me of toothpaste.

nike-pd-soft-70X150.jpg

I'm intrigued, I'll likely hit it when I get a chance to grab a sleeve.

PD Soft packaging is probably the worst to me...reminds me of toothpaste.

nike-pd-soft-70X150.jpg

You only hit these with cavity backs...

Haha, cavity... a little golf-dental humor... ha

Shutup. :)

i like pd soft ball as well. i found that i've had good feel with that particular ball, and they're reasonably priced.

So yesterday I was checking in the proshop for my tee time and saw out of the corner of my eye the 20XI box. Figured it was a promotional box as I didnt think they were going to be released until the end of April, but I grabbed it and lo-and-behold it was full of brand spankin new 20XI balls! At $44 (same as every other top-level golf ball), I grabbed a dozen of the 20XI-X "Tour Level Distance" balls and hit the practice green. These have exceptional spin around the green, especially for being the "distance" model of the 20XI. I was also breaking in my brand new VR Forged wedge so the brand new non-conforming grooved may have helped a bit.

I compared them to the B330's I had been playing and think the 20XI has a bit more bite around the green. The one thing that really impressed me was the durability of the cover. After hitting a half dozen B330's last week around the practice green there was noticable rough spots and some small nicks out of the cover. I had the 20XI out on the practice green for about a half hour before I teed off and only saw VERY minor scuffs in the cover. I mean the type of scuff you can barely feel and would be hard pressed to see. Off the putter they felt similar to other premium balls I have used in the past including the B330 I had out on the green with me. I cant make too many comments about how they roll off the putter because I had a terrible day on the greens.

I took them to the course and am happy to report that I did pick up a few yards off the tee with this ball. I'm not saying I gained another 10 yards off of every tee, but definitely 3-4 yards with the driver and hybrid I was hitting most of the day. I was playing my home course and know pretty much where my ball ends up after a good swing and was pleased to have less club into most greens. I also noticed that the ball seemed to hold its line very well in the air. There were a few tee shots that were into the wind but did not seems to affect the flight of the ball that much. This could be me subconciously rationalizing the tech that Nike put into the ball with the perimeter weighting, but I'll wait to pass final judgement until I am able to play a few balls side by side.

The 20XI continuted to impress me around the greens and having that little bit extra bite definitely helped me on those downhill chips. I was able to hit a variety of flops and bump-n-runs and had a reasonable idea of how this ball would react. I cant wait to get these to the short game area and really see what type of shots I can hit around the greens with these. After 9 holes I was extremely impressed with how well this ball held up after the beating I threw at it on the last 4 holes (woods, sand and trying to scramble around the greens). There were some minor scuffs and some nicks but nothing near what I have seen with the ProV1x's, Z-Stars and B330's I've played so far this year. I would not hesitate to keep the ball in play for at least the next few holes.

Overall I was really really impressed with the ball. I had a great first 5 holes going 2 under hitting all 5 greens in regulation. The ball had great spin on my full iron shots using CoC grooves in my VR Pro-Combos. On all of the greens my ball was within 6 feet of the ball mark, including a 4-iron from 215 out (my eagle for the day :banana:).

I still have 11 of these bad boys left and cannot wait to get back out to the course on sunday!

Is this the one with the resin core that's suppose to let them put all the weight on the perimiter of the ball thus changing the flight?

That's really cool. It amazes me what kind of technology they all put into a simple golf ball :D

So yesterday I was checking in the proshop for my tee time and saw out of the corner of my eye the 20XI box. Figured it was a promotional box as I didnt think they were going to be released until the end of April, but I grabbed it and lo-and-behold it was full of brand spankin new 20XI balls! At $44 (same as every other top-level golf ball), I grabbed a dozen of the 20XI-X "Tour Level Distance" balls and hit the practice green. These have exceptional spin around the green, especially for being the "distance" model of the 20XI. I was also breaking in my brand new VR Forged wedge so the brand new non-conforming grooved may have helped a bit.

I compared them to the B330's I had been playing and think the 20XI has a bit more bite around the green. The one thing that really impressed me was the durability of the cover. After hitting a half dozen B330's last week around the practice green there was noticable rough spots and some small nicks out of the cover. I had the 20XI out on the practice green for about a half hour before I teed off and only saw VERY minor scuffs in the cover. I mean the type of scuff you can barely feel and would be hard pressed to see. Off the putter they felt similar to other premium balls I have used in the past including the B330 I had out on the green with me. I cant make too many comments about how they roll off the putter because I had a terrible day on the greens.

I took them to the course and am happy to report that I did pick up a few yards off the tee with this ball. I'm not saying I gained another 10 yards off of every tee, but definitely 3-4 yards with the driver and hybrid I was hitting most of the day. I was playing my home course and know pretty much where my ball ends up after a good swing and was pleased to have less club into most greens. I also noticed that the ball seemed to hold its line very well in the air. There were a few tee shots that were into the wind but did not seems to affect the flight of the ball that much. This could be me subconciously rationalizing the tech that Nike put into the ball with the perimeter weighting, but I'll wait to pass final judgement until I am able to play a few balls side by side.

The 20XI continuted to impress me around the greens and having that little bit extra bite definitely helped me on those downhill chips. I was able to hit a variety of flops and bump-n-runs and had a reasonable idea of how this ball would react. I cant wait to get these to the short game area and really see what type of shots I can hit around the greens with these. After 9 holes I was extremely impressed with how well this ball held up after the beating I threw at it on the last 4 holes (woods, sand and trying to scramble around the greens). There were some minor scuffs and some nicks but nothing near what I have seen with the ProV1x's, Z-Stars and B330's I've played so far this year. I would not hesitate to keep the ball in play for at least the next few holes.

Overall I was really really impressed with the ball. I had a great first 5 holes going 2 under hitting all 5 greens in regulation. The ball had great spin on my full iron shots using CoC grooves in my VR Pro-Combos. On all of the greens my ball was within 6 feet of the ball mark, including a 4-iron from 215 out (my eagle for the day :banana:).

I still have 11 of these bad boys left and cannot wait to get back out to the course on sunday!

WOW! What store was this?

WOW! What store was this?

It was at the pro shop at my home course in CT. Not sure if they were supposed to be selling them yet so I grabbed one and ran before he could take it back haha.

It was at the pro shop at my home course in CT. Not sure if they were supposed to be selling them yet so I grabbed one and ran before he could take it back haha.

HAHAHA! I would've done the same thing, you're a lucky man bro.

Any further review of these yet? Really interested...

Any further review of these yet? Really interested...

I'm still loving these balls. I cant get over the durability on this one. I used one for 14 holes yesterday before I thought it was too scuffed to play anymore. I swear, if my wedges had CoC grooves, I'd be able to use these balls for 2 or 3 rounds. My pro-combos have yet to scuff one of these up. The feel around the green is great and I'm starting to figure out exactly what they'll do on my chips and pitches.

I'm going to pick up a dozen of the 20XI-S and see how they compare. I'm hoping to pick up a little more spin on my 8-PW approach shots. Hopefully they dont spin out of control with my driver, but according to Nike, they have one of the steepest spin curves in the industry.

Anyone know the official release date of these yet?

I'm still loving these balls. I cant get over the durability on this one. I used one for 14 holes yesterday before I thought it was too scuffed to play anymore. I swear, if my wedges had CoC grooves, I'd be able to use these balls for 2 or 3 rounds. My pro-combos have yet to scuff one of these up. The feel around the green is great and I'm starting to figure out exactly what they'll do on my chips and pitches.

I'm going to pick up a dozen of the 20XI-S and see how they compare. I'm hoping to pick up a little more spin on my 8-PW approach shots. Hopefully they dont spin out of control with my driver, but according to Nike, they have one of the steepest spin curves in the industry.

So is the 20XI X not holding the greens? Or are you just wanting something that will stop a little sooner?

its definitely still holding the greens. Full shots with my irons are normally within 10ft of my ballmark, higher with the longer irons and much closer and even backing up a little with my scoring irons. My wedges are pulling the ball back a fair amount on full shots as well. What I'm looking for is a bit more stopping power on the short chips and pitches. I'm sure part of the problem is my technique, but I think a little more bite would help out. My only concern is that the increased spin will negatively affect my driving/woods/longer irons in terms on accuracy and distance. I'm hoping that the "steep spin curve" that Nike is pushing here will help me keep the driver spin down, and the greenside spin high.

Hmm, I will have to give these a try when they are out. I used to really like the One Platinum and could hit it far and still have lots of spin around the green. I'm playing the B330 right now but find it marks up way to easily. I used to play close to 2 rounds using the One Platinum without too much wear but I find I can't make a single round with the B330 anymore.

Just bought a dozen, i loved the One Tour ball so hopefully these are better, we shall see when they get here. ebay by the way, there are a couple listings if your looking for a dozen.

Just bought a dozen, i loved the One Tour ball so hopefully these are better, we shall see when they get here. ebay by the way, there are a couple listings if your looking for a dozen.

From where?

Last edited:
Back