NIke buying Taylormade?

I like nike shoes. I have had a few pair. They pair I have now are I think my fav as they are very low profile.

I like nike shoes. I have had a few pair. They pair I have now are I think my fav as they are very low profile.
My favorite golf shoe of all time was the 2nd version of the TW free shoes. Super comfortable and super stable.

They couldn’t make it work with Tiger as their spokesperson at the top of his game, or with Tiger and Rory as the faces of the brand. Add in that they would be selling low, buying high and I’m skeptical.

And since I’m typically wrong I expect an announcement later today.

I am definitely not one to be on the leading edge of golf fashion. But, I have quite a few Nike polos that I have acquired through the years that are pretty nice. It's definitely one of the better fitting shirts for me. The sleeves are never super long like FJ shirts or too short or tight like Puma can be for me. I agree that not all of their stuff is really great. But, I typically like what Rory shows up to the course in. Not a big fan of the blade shirt with no collar though. I don't think I will ever understand that one.

This would be siiick

Not say they should buy it, but I always enjoyed it when Nike had equipment out there.

I'm a simple man. I like Nike's shirts. They drape well.

Titleist makes tour balls both in the US and overseas. Taylormade makes some golf balls in South Carolina. Bridgestone makes most of their balls here.

Thanks for the info!

I knew titleist had ball plant 4 over there somewhere (Thailand maybe?) mainly for the market outside the us and Uk right?

Didn’t realize Taylormade did anything in sc.

Didn’t realize Bridgestone moved most of it to Georgia. I thought they only didn’t a certain percentage.

Different strokes. I adore Nike golf shoes.
I never wore their golf shoes, but used to love their cross trainers. They were all I wore for a long time before that.

I’m among the I’d rather pay for something else than get anything free from Nike crowd and I’m a cheapskate. I hate everything about the company, it’s focus on individual over team in team sports, those ridiculous Tiger ads which any golfer should have been insulted by and the total lack of US manufacturing.

Back